1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer.

Quotes About 1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer

Enjoy collection of 100 1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Yes, I have an ulcer, for Chrissake. This is Kaliyuga, buddy, the Iron Age. Anybody over sixteen without an ulcer's a goddam spy. ~ J.D. Salinger
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by J.D. Salinger
We've come into the world of '1984,' but it turns out to be '1984'-Lite. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
The answer to 1984 is 1776 ~ Alex E. Jones
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Alex E. Jones
As water reflects a face, so a man's heart reflects a man ~ Bible NIV 1984
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Bible NIV 1984
Thus it may be said that the symptoms are often ways of containing the anxiety; they are the anxiety in structuralized form. Freud rightly remarks about psychological symptoms: "The symptom is bound anxiety," or, in other words, anxiety which has been crystallized into an ulcer or heart palpitations or some other symptom. ~ Rollo May
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Rollo May
I reckon responsible behavior is something to get when you grow older. Like varicose veins. ~ Terry Pratchett
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Terry Pratchett
Varicose veins are the result of an improper selection of grandparents. ~ William Osler
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by William Osler
Relationships sometimes break like a falling vase into fifty pieces. And when you glue the vase back together, you realize it has lost the luster and pristine appearance that will never return. Now you have two choices. Keep it as it is or throw it away. ~ RJ Intindola – (Gandolfo) – 1984
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by RJ Intindola – (Gandolfo) – 1984
When we are truly aware of our spiritual glory, a varicose vein or two is not that big a deal. ~ Marianne Williamson
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Marianne Williamson
Anybody over sixteen without an ulcer's a goddamn spy. ~ J.D. Salinger
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by J.D. Salinger
Everything wanting to contribute to my ulcer, Get in line and take a number! ~ James Patterson
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by James Patterson
Beasley was a little man whose face looked like an X ray of an ulcer. ~ Rod Serling
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Rod Serling
Okay," he said slowly as his ulcer came back with friends. "To certain death, dismemberment, and undignified screams, let us march! ~ Sherrilyn Kenyon
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Who are these evil ones? In 1984, the evil one was called Goldstein. Orwell was writing a grim parody. But these people running the United States mean what they say. If I were a teacher, I would recommend that all my students very hurriedly read most of Orwell's books, especially 1984 and Animal Farm, because then they'd begin to understand the world we live in. ~ John Pilger
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by John Pilger
I'm thirty-nine years old. I've got a wife that I can't get rid of. I've got varicose veins. I've got five false teeth. ~ George Orwell
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by George Orwell
The subject of one experiment is a rat that receives mild electric shocks (roughly equivalent to the static shock you might get from scuffing your foot on a carpet). Over a series of these, the rat develops a prolonged stress-response: its heart rate and glucocorticoid secretion rate go up, for example. For convenience, we can express the long-term consequences by how likely the rat is to get an ulcer, and in this situation, the probability soars. In the next room, a different rat gets the same series of shocks - identical pattern and intensity; its allostatic balance is challenged to exactly the same extent. But this time, whenever the rat gets a shock, it can run over to a bar of wood and gnaw on it. The rat in this situation is far less likely to get an ulcer. You have given it an outlet for frustration. Other types of outlets work as well - let the stressed rat eat something, drink water, or sprint on a running wheel, and it is less likely to develop an ulcer. ~ Robert M. Sapolsky
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Robert M. Sapolsky
Envy is the ulcer of the soul. ~ Socrates
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Socrates
Winston Gallagher!" I said, recognizing the first ghost I'de met. Then my eyes narrowed & I covered my hand in front of my crotch as I saw Winstons gaze fasten there next. "Don't even think about poltergeisting my panties again". "This is the sod? Come here you scurvy little
" "Bones don't!" I interrupted. He stopped, giving a last glare to him while mouthing YOU. ME. EXORCIST. before returning to my side. ~ Jeaniene Frost
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Jeaniene Frost
It was so frustrating to see ulcer patients having surgery, or even dying, when I knew a simple antibiotic treatment could fix the problem. ~ Barry Marshall
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Barry Marshall
When no one can see who you are, no one really knows you. The loneliness must be like an ulcer that's always gnawing at your gut. ~ Andrea Cremer
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Andrea Cremer
Your ability to survive anything that gets thrown at you sometimes leaves the rest of us swallowing ulcer medication for days afterward. I don't like the taste of Maalox. ~ Patricia Briggs
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Patricia Briggs
The trick is not to be isolated―if you're isolated, like Winston Smith in 1984, then sooner or later you're going to break, as he finally broke. That was the point of Orwell's story. In fact, the whole tradition of popular control has been exactly that: to keep people isolated, because if you can keep them isolated enough, you can get them to believe anything. But when people get together, all sorts of things are possible. ~ Noam Chomsky
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Noam Chomsky
In the face of pain there are no heroes. ~ George Orwell
You will see me, where there is no darkness. ~ George Orwell
In the context of 1948, 1984 seemed dreadfully convincing. But tyrants, after all, are mortal and circumstances change. Recent developments in Russia and recent advances in science and technology have robbed Orwell's book of some of its gruesome verisimilitude. A nuclear war will, of course, make nonsense of everybody's predictions. But, assuming for the moment that the Great Powers can somehow refrain from destroying us, we can say that it now looks as though the odds were more in favor of something like Brave New World than of something like 1984. ~ Aldous Huxley
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Aldous Huxley
There are many other possibilities more enlightening than the struggle to become the local doctor's most affluent ulcer case. ~ Nelson Rockefeller
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Nelson Rockefeller
It may not seem like much - a few kisses in the dark - but it was enough to burn a hole like an ulcer in my heart. ~ Jean Kwok
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Jean Kwok
I'm going to do my best to do both and die of an ulcer at age 30. ~ Shane West
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Shane West
Louis Creed came to believe that the last really happy day of his life was March 24, 1984. ~ Stephen King
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Stephen King
Donald Goellnicht. The Poet-Physician: Keats and Medical Science. University of Pittsburgh Press: Pittsburgh, 1984, ~ Stephen Cope
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Stephen Cope
Winston was gelatinous with fatigue. ~ George Orwell
You were like an ulcer on the inside of my cheek that my tongue could not stop touching.
loving you was like watching a stranger clean a week old wound; i felt sick, but i wanted more. ~ Warsan Shire
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Warsan Shire
I knew the President would run for reelection in 1984. Why not? Actors love sequels ... and returns. ~ Bob Hope
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Bob Hope
Vice leaves repentance in the soul, like an ulcer in the flesh, which is always scratching and lacerating itself; for reason effaces all other griefs and sorrows, but it begets that of repentance. ~ Michel De Montaigne
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Michel De Montaigne
The 20th-century ulcer epidemic was a sign of good health in American people - good diet, strong acidity and healthy immune response actually make ulcers more likely. That's why businessmen eating giant T-bone steaks were prone to ulcers. ~ Barry Marshall
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Barry Marshall
Positive words are easier to remember than negative words (Ludwig, 1984). ~ Keith S. Folse
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Keith S. Folse
In short, a diamond bracelet is a much more honest instrument of courtship than a perforated stomach. She has the option of throwing the jewelry back at him, but she cannot decently walk out on the ulcer. ("Look How Hard I've Been Trying") ~ Eric Berne
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Eric Berne
Criticism of the diet-heart hypothesis, which had been lively until the 1984 Consensus Conference, was afterward virtually silenced in the United States. ~ Nina Teicholz
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Nina Teicholz
Before she'd worn her first black dress, fear had splintered into a hundred pieces inside her, and each one turned into a painful ulcer. To keep anyone from touching those spots, she'd pulled away before they got a chance. ~ Cindy Woodsmall
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Cindy Woodsmall
Cayenne is most effective for heart and blood circulation problems, and for angina pectoris, palpitations, and cardiac arrhythmias. It's a miracle for congestive heart failure. It is a specific for anyone who has any type of circulatory problems, such as high or low blood pressure, elevated cholesterol, triglycerides and fats, even varicose veins. ~ Richard M. Schulze
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Richard M. Schulze
I started Dell 28 yrs ago with $1000. Revenues in 1984 were $6 million. Last year $62.1 billion. Impossible is nothing. ~ Michael Dell
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Michael Dell
It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words. ~ George Orwell
Which would give her an ulcer first? All the aspirin and prescription pain medication she took, or Jack Carlton? Then again, that left only one cause, since he was the reason she needed the drugs to begin with. ~ Dawn M. Turner
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Dawn M. Turner
Wilke subscribed to the principles laid out in a seminal book about constraints in manufacturing, Eliyahu M. Goldratt's The Goal, published in 1984. ~ Brad Stone
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Brad Stone
From the fall of October, 1980 to March, 1984 I never lost a competition. ~ Scott Hamilton
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Scott Hamilton
I've been writing full-time since about 1984 - mostly magazine features and columns. ~ Mary Roach
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Mary Roach
Perhaps no other year before or since 1984 has been awaited with such eager anticipation. ~ Arthur C. Clarke
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Arthur C. Clarke
My dad has a really great record collection that basically went up to the year I was born: 1984. ~ Ezra Koenig
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Ezra Koenig
In 1984 the lust for power is satisfied by inflicting pain; in Brave New World, by inflicting a hardly less humiliating pleasure. ~ Aldous Huxley
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Aldous Huxley
Anything that hinted at corruption always filled him with a wild hope ~ George Orwell
Orthodoxy is unconsciousness. ~ George Orwell
Practically overnight the budgets of federal law enforcement agencies soared. Between 1980 and 1984, FBI antidrug funding increased from $8 million to $95 million.73 Department of Defense antidrug allocations increased from $33 million in 1981 to $1,042 million in 1991. During that same period, DEA antidrug spending grew from $86 to $1,026 million, and FBI antidrug allocations grew from $38 to $181 million.74 By contrast, funding for agencies responsible for drug treatment, prevention, and education was dramatically reduced. The budget of the National Institute on Drug Abuse, for example, was reduced from $274 million to $57 million from 1981 to 1984, and antidrug funds allocated to the Department of Education were cut from $14 million to $3 million.75 ~ Michelle Alexander
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Michelle Alexander
Damn it," he mumbled apologetically, "things like this never happened to Vorthalia the Bold."
She raised a thoughtful eyebrow. "How do you know? The histories of those times were all written by minstrels and poets. You try and think of a word that rhymes with 'bleeding ulcer ~ Lois McMaster Bujold
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Lois McMaster Bujold
There were things, your own acts, from which you could never recover. Something was killed in your breast: burnt out, cauterized out. ~ George Orwell
The thinker who should turn aside from slang would resemble a surgeon who should avert his face from an ulcer or a wart. He would be like a philologist refusing to examine a fact in language, a philosopher hesitating to scrutinize a fact in humanity. ~ Victor Hugo
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Victor Hugo
For whom, it suddenly occured to him to wonder, was he writing this diary? For the future, for the unborn. ~ George Orwell
Even during my father's 1984 gubernatorial campaign, it was, 'Do you want to grow up and be governor one day?' 'No. I am four.' ~ Chelsea Clinton
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Chelsea Clinton
If you can feel that staying human is worth while, even when it can't have any result whatever, you've beaten them. ~ George Orwell
As far as Apple goes, it was a different company every few years from the time I joined in 1984. ~ Alan Kay
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Alan Kay
But, Doctor. The human race didn't die out in 1984.'
'New timeline. It's a paradox.'
'And you're the paradoctor?'
'Just the Doctor. ~ Neil Gaiman
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Neil Gaiman
The NSA is correct, 1984 is now. ~ Michael Gurnow
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Michael Gurnow
When 'The Washington Post' ran the first national story about FBI profiling in 1984, no one outside of law enforcement recognized the term. ~ Ronald Kessler
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Ronald Kessler
My first time ever on the Tony Awards was in 1984, the year of 'The Rink.' ~ Scott Ellis
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Scott Ellis
Although we were The Spice Girls of 1984 in Europe, My work has never been widely promoted in the U.S. ~ Holly Johnson
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Holly Johnson
Biggest mistake Reagan ever did re: foreign policy? 1984 decision to appease Hezbollah with Lebanon withdrawal ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Ziad K. Abdelnour
I majored in English in college, so I read the classic dystopian novels like '1984' and 'Brave New World.' ~ Lois Lowry
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Lois Lowry
At least we got to see the worst haircut since 1984 try to steal the spotlight from lovely Taylor Swift. ~ Nathan Followill
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Nathan Followill
I'm not interested in the next generation, dear. I'm interested in us.' - Julia ~ George Orwell
Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood. ~ George Orwell
The setting of 'Billy Elliot' is the British miners' strike of 1984-85, about which the average American playgoer knows absolutely nothing. ~ Terry Teachout
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Terry Teachout
Sales of George Orwell's 1984 have skyrocketed. It's true. So the fallout from the (NSA spying) scandal is worse than we thought. It's forcing Americans to read. ~ Conan O'Brien
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Conan O'Brien
The Colors, The Iliad, Ulysses, Metamorphosis, the Theban plays, The Draconic Labels, Anabasis, and restricted works like The Count of Monte Cristo, Lord of the Flies, Lady Casterly's Penance, 1984, and The Great Gatsby. I ~ Pierce Brown
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Pierce Brown
The seasons have changed, and we are getting close to the end of 1984," Tamaru said. "I doubt I'll finish In Search of Lost Time by the end of the year. ~ Haruki Murakami
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Haruki Murakami
In that moment he had loved her far more than he had ever done when they were together and free. Also he knew that somewhere or other she was still alive and needed his help. ~ George Orwell
The search for the soul mate, the perfect partner to complete you, is a bit like searching for the perfect food when you've got a giant ulcer in your stomach. No matter what you find, it will never be good enough. ~ Vironika Tugaleva
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Vironika Tugaleva
NCI now actually anticipates further increases, and not decreases, in cancer mortality rates, from 171/100,000 in 1984 to 175/100,000 by the year 2000! ~ Samuel Epstein
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Samuel Epstein
The object of waging a war is always to be in a better position in which to wage another war. ~ George Orwell
In 1980, in 1984, millions of middle-class Democrats became Reagan Democrats, and more of them drifted toward the Republicans with Bush in 1988. ~ Mario Cuomo
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Mario Cuomo
I wanted to do 'Texas Trilogy' on stage. But it didn't do well in New York. In fact, it did very badly there, thanks to the critics. It was said that Preston Jones, the author, died of ulcer complications, but the truth was that the critics killed him. ~ Diane Ladd
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Diane Ladd
By the late 1990s, it was almost as if the Orwellian scenario of the Mac's "1984" commercial had come true. Big Business, with a pair of capital B's, ruled computing. The drones used what they were told. ~ Brent Schlender
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Brent Schlender
'1984' is not a wonder tale. Not only could it happen, but it has happened, but under different names. ~ Margaret Atwood
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Margaret Atwood
There is a shortage of teachers but the January 2001 schools census showed that teacher numbers were at their highest level than at any time since 1984 - and 11,000 higher than 1997. ~ Estelle Morris
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Estelle Morris
Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime literally impossible, because there will be no words in which to express it. ~ George Orwell
When I interviewed profilers in 1984 in the basement of the FBI Academy at Quantico, VA., there were just four of them - Roger Depue, John Douglas, Roy Hazelwood, and Robert Ressler. ~ Ronald Kessler
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Ronald Kessler
I started out as Keith Mitchell. I had done probably about ten years of television work under that name. Then my grandfather passed away in 1984. I wanted to honor him and his name. ~ Keith Coogan
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Keith Coogan
One Saturday in 1984, I walked into my first AA meeting. I went regularly for six years and only stopped when I came to realize my underlying problem was not genuine alcoholism, but depression. ~ Jack Dee
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Jack Dee
As I've already mentioned, 1984 and I were getting on famously. A no-frills setup, run without sentiment, snobbery or cultural favouritism, Airstrip One seemed like my kind of town. (I saw myself as an idealistic young corporal in the Thought Police.) ~ Martin Amis
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Martin Amis
Still, even after the black winger John Barnes scored his solo goal to beat Brazil in Rio in 1984, the Football Association's chairman was harangued by England fans on the flight back home: "You fucking wanker, you prefer sambos to us. ~ Simon Kuper
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Simon Kuper
And that's the last time we will ever speak, probably. 'No problem': the last words I will ever say to somebody I have been reasonably close to before our lives take different directions. Weird, eh? You spend Christmas at somebody's house, you worry about their operations, you give them hugs and kisses and flowers, you see them in their dressing gown ... and then, bang, that's it. Gone forever. And sooner or later there will be another mum, another Christmas, more varicose veins. ~ Nick Hornby
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Nick Hornby
If both the past and the external world exist only in the mind, and if the mind itself is controllable - what then? But ~ George Orwell
We were the best team in the world: European champions in 1984, we qualified without a hitch and 86 was to be the swan song for a very experienced side. ~ Michel Patini
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Michel Patini
I moved from Chicago to New York in 1984 for 'Biloxi Blues.' In 1989, my wife and our then-baby daughter moved to Los Angeles to try to get in television. ~ Alan Ruck
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Alan Ruck
In 1984, I gave a speech at Notre Dame titled 'Religious Belief and Public Morality.' I said that Catholic legislators will live by the laws of the church because we want to stay in the club. ~ Mario Cuomo
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Mario Cuomo
On 'Platoon' I was offered in 1984 a very tiny part that Ivan Kane would go on to play. Then the financing fell out, and the film was scuttled for two years. ~ John C. McGinley
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by John C. McGinley
It is easy to compress the passions by violence. Philosophy suppresses them with a stroke of the pen. Locks and the sword come to the aid of sweet morality, but nature appeals these judgments; she regains her rights in secret. Passion stifled at one point reappears at another like water held back by a dike; it is driven inward like the fluid of an ulcer closed to soon. ~ Charles Fourier
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Charles Fourier
The world is not the kingdom. "In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world" (John 16:33b NIV 1984). Live with Me, the conquering Christ, and the joy and peace of victory shall also be yours. ~ Lacie Stevens
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Lacie Stevens
In 1984, showing extraordinary courage, a group of Guatemalan wives, mothers and other relatives of disappeared people banded together to form the Mutual Support Group for the Appearance Alive of Our Relatives. ~ Stephen Kinzer
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Stephen Kinzer
It seems appropriate that the author of '1984' was a British citizen. George Orwell must have seen how easily the great British public's lamb-like disposition toward its leaders could be exploited to create a police state. ~ Heather Brooke
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Heather Brooke
Like it or not, I'm here now, in the year 1Q84. The 1984 that I knew no longer exists. It's 1Q84 now. The air has changed, the scene has changed. ~ Haruki Murakami
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Haruki Murakami
Don't ever do that to me again. I'm too young to die of a heart attack." (...)
"I would say claiming you're too young is a bit debatable, don't you think?"
The German tilted his head up and cursed something low and long in German. "You were brought to this planet to give me an ulcer, weren't you? ~ Mariana Zapata
1984 Winstons Varicose Ulcer quotes by Mariana Zapata
Beautiful Love Dream Quotes «
» Boddony Quotes