1984 Child Spies Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1984 Child Spies.

Quotes About 1984 Child Spies

Enjoy collection of 32 1984 Child Spies quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1984 Child Spies. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1984 Child Spies quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Few female characters get to be "the Chosen One" in science fiction and fantasy. Leia is as much the child of Darth Vader as Luke is, but only Luke gets to use the force, be recruited by his dad and ultimately save the day. We don't get impossibly clever female sleuths or the sexy spies with the awesome gadgets. And on the rare occasions that we do get those characters, they're denigrated as unrealistic Mary Sues. ~ Rhiannon Thomas
1984 Child Spies quotes by Rhiannon Thomas
Tamara Bunke was the only woman to fight alongside "Che" during his Bolivian campaign. She was an East German national, born in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on November 19, 1937, of Communist activist parents. As a child, her home was frequently used for meetings, hiding weapons and conducting other Communist activities. After World War II, in 1952 she returned to Germany where she attended Humboldt University in Berlin. Tamara met "Che" Guevara when she was an attractive 23-year-old woman in Leipzig, and he was with a Cuban Trade Delegation. The two instantly hit it off as she cozied up to him and, having learned how to fight and use weapons in Pinar del Rio in western Cuba, she joined his expedition to Bolivia.
Becoming a spy for the ELN, she adopted the name "Tania" and posed as a right-wing authority of South-American music and folklore. In disguise, she managed to warm up to and entice Bolivian President René Barrientos. She even went on an intimate vacation to Peru with him. ~ Hank Bracker
1984 Child Spies quotes by Hank Bracker
I think my love for books sprang from my need to escape the world I was born into, to slide into another where words were straightforward and honest, where there was clearly delineated good and evil, where I found girls who were strong and smart and creative and foolish enough to fight dragons, to run away from home to live in museums, to become child spies, to make new friends and build secret gardens. ~ Jesmyn Ward
1984 Child Spies quotes by Jesmyn Ward
You can't see both sides of one coin at once, can you, child? The god of money always keeps a secret.
The god of money was also the god of spies. ~ Marie Rutkoski
1984 Child Spies quotes by Marie Rutkoski
I've learned ... That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult. ~ Andy Rooney
1984 Child Spies quotes by Andy Rooney
There's nothing stronger than a woman protecting her child ~ Kristen Stewart
1984 Child Spies quotes by Kristen Stewart
The UFO community?" I said. "Why would government spies want to infiltrate that?" "Oh, Jon," said Steven. "Don't be naive. ~ Jon Ronson
1984 Child Spies quotes by Jon Ronson
I have loved to cook since I was a child in my mother's kitchen. If I don't have time to cook, I'll just read a cookbook. ~ Kamala Harris
1984 Child Spies quotes by Kamala Harris
I love you because you're a child and you're scared.' You're going to hurt me in the end. You're quite mad. ~ Consuelo De Saint-Exupery
1984 Child Spies quotes by Consuelo De Saint-Exupery
What innocence, may I ask, is being played here when it is known that this virtuous damsel has already got a dozen illegitimate children? ~ Nikita Khrushchev
1984 Child Spies quotes by Nikita Khrushchev
But one thing was for certain: something would happen next. Something always did. Especially when you live the life of a spy. ~ Embee
1984 Child Spies quotes by Embee
The truth is that when one is still a child-or even if one is grown up- and has been well fed, and has slept long and softly and warm; when one has gone to sleep in the midst of a fairy story, and has wakened to find it real, one cannot be unhappy or even look as if one were; and one could not, if one tried, keep a glow of joy out of one's eyes. ~ Frances Hodgson Burnett
1984 Child Spies quotes by Frances Hodgson Burnett
I think novelists should be disciplined and self-imposed working hours. I work a lot, but I don't feel that I'm working. I always feel that there is a child in me, healthy, and I'm playing. ~ Orhan Pamuk
1984 Child Spies quotes by Orhan Pamuk
Should we tell your father I'm his date for the evening, or should I just surprise him?" She pulls out a piece of tomato, inspects it, scrapes something off it, then sticks it back on the hamburger.
"He won't notice," Hilary says. "He can't even tell me and Lily apart, and look at us. Just look at us."
"My dad never calls me by the right name," I say. "Only by my older sisters'. Sometimes he'll call me 'honey' really awkwardly. He's not the honey type, but it gets him out of having to remember my name."
Phoebe says, "All parents have trouble with names. I'm an only child, and my dad sometimes stops and says, 'Uh, you. ~ Claire LaZebnik
1984 Child Spies quotes by Claire LaZebnik
In 'Tarahumara' land, there was no crime, war or theft. There was no corruption, obesity, drug addiction, greed, wife-beating, child abuse, heart disease, high blood pressure, or carbon emissions. They didn't get diabetes, or depressed, or even old: 50-year-olds outran teenagers. ~ Christopher McDougall
1984 Child Spies quotes by Christopher McDougall
Care about your children. Just bless them instead of worrying, as every child is the little Buddha who helps his parents to grow up. ~ Gautama Buddha
1984 Child Spies quotes by Gautama Buddha
A child needs to feel safe and protected, which means that their body, psyche, and belongings are safe and secure from violation. Because a child is helpless and dependent on their caregiver, they need a guardian in this predominantly unknown and sometimes scary and dangerous world. A child's caregiver is responsible to fit the roles of safe haven and protector. ~ Darius Cikanavicius
1984 Child Spies quotes by Darius Cikanavicius
I have a lot of advantages: I'm not addicted to horrifying pills. I also have surrounded myself with far more caring and upright individuals. And I wasn't abused as a child, so I'm doing okay! ~ Rufus Wainwright
1984 Child Spies quotes by Rufus Wainwright
Stigma takes many forms, comes from all directions, is sometimes blatantly overt, but can also be remarkably subtle. It is the cruel comment, the unkind smirk, the extrusion from the group, the lost job opportunity, the rejected marriage proposal, the ineligibility for life insurance, the inability to adopt a child or pilot a plane.

But it is also the reduced expectation, the helping hand when none is needed or wanted, the solicitous sympathy that one cannot really be expected to measure up.

And the secondary psychological and practical harms of having a mental disorder come only partly from how others see you. A great deal of the trouble comes from the change in how you see yourself: the sense of being damaged goods, feeling not normal or worthy, not a full fledged member of the group.

It is bad enough that stigma is so often associated with having a mental disorder, but the stigma that comes from being mislabeled with a fake diagnosis is a dead loss with absolutely no redeeming features. ~ Allen Frances
1984 Child Spies quotes by Allen Frances
The greatest invention in the world is the mind of a child. ~ Thomas A. Edison
1984 Child Spies quotes by Thomas A. Edison
I am not against anyone, neither am I here to speak in terms of personal revenge against the Taliban or any other terrorist group. I'm here to speak up for the right of education for every child. I want education for the sons and daughters of the Taliban and all terrorists and extremists. ~ Malala Yousafzai
1984 Child Spies quotes by Malala Yousafzai
I never put a price on a child ~ Abebech Gobena
1984 Child Spies quotes by Abebech Gobena
It is terrible when an infant dies, but worse, most people think, when a three-year-old child dies, and worse still when an adolescent does. ~ Ezekiel Emanuel
1984 Child Spies quotes by Ezekiel Emanuel
No parent ought to punish a child except with a view to the child's good. And in order to do good to a child through his punishment, a parent must religiously refrain from punishing him while angry. ~ Henry Clay Trumbull
1984 Child Spies quotes by Henry Clay Trumbull
I declare that I am a spiritual being, an essential and eternal part of the Soul of Humanity, one and indivisible. I declare that I am a human being, whose rights and security ultimately depend on assuring the human rights of all people of Earth. I declare that I am a child of the Earth, with the will and awareness to work for goals that benefit the entire community of Earth on Earth. I declare that I am a healer, with the power and purpose to heal the many forms of divisions and conflicts that exist on Earth. I declare that I am a protector, with the knowledge and responsibility to help Earth recover her natural harmony and beauty. I declare that I am an activist in service to the world, with the commitment and the ability to make a positive difference in my society. ~ Ilchi Lee
1984 Child Spies quotes by Ilchi Lee
Was I ever crazy? Maybe. Or maybe life is ... Crazy isn't being broken or swallowing a dark secret. It's you or me amplified. If you ever told a lie and enjoyed it. If you ever wished you could be a child forever. They were not perfect, but they were my friends. ~ Susanna Kaysen
1984 Child Spies quotes by Susanna Kaysen
Most advice on child-rearing is sought in the hope that it will confirm our prior convictions. If the parent had wished to proceedin a certain way but was made insecure by opposing opinions of neighbors, friends, or relatives, then it gives him great comfort to find his ideas seconded by an expert. ~ Bruno Bettelheim
1984 Child Spies quotes by Bruno Bettelheim
In the heat of an argument, my mother once told me, "Someday you can go to a therapist and tell him all about how your terrible mother ruined your life. But it will be your ruined life you're talking about. So make a life for yourself in which you can feel happy, and in which you can love and be loved, because that's what's actually important." You can love someone but not accept him; you can accept someone but not love him. I wrongly felt the flaws in my parents' acceptance as deficits in their love. Now, I think their primary experience was of having a child who spoke a language they'd never thought of studying. ~ Andrew Solomon
1984 Child Spies quotes by Andrew Solomon
Why are you offering me ten thousand dollars a month for babysitting? You didn't pay the nannies that. It's ridiculous. For ten thousand a month, you should not only get child care, you should get your house cleaned, your laundry done, your tires rotated, and if I were you, I'd insist on nightly blow jobs. Did you think I wouldn't notice that you're still trying to keep your thumb on me? ~ Jennifer Crusie
1984 Child Spies quotes by Jennifer Crusie
I want to get back to education. When I was in college I paid attention to child psychology portions of our psychology classes. I watch other people work with babies. And I saw the baby as developing like a computer and it intrigued me in my life. I wanted to do that. ~ Steve Wozniak
1984 Child Spies quotes by Steve Wozniak
As she watched, he examined the can intently, read the ingredients, then returned it to the shelf and chose another, repeating his thorough study of it.
The contrast between his rough, tough-guy appearance and the domestic act he was performing did funny things to her head.
She had a sudden, breathtaking vision of a dark-haired little boy sitting in the seat of the cart, laughing up at Cian, grabbing at his swinging braids with chubby little fists, while his daddy inspected the ingredients on a jar of baby food. Her mind's eye
picture of sexy, strong man with beautiful, helpless child made something soft and warm blossom behind her chest. ~ Karen Marie Moning
1984 Child Spies quotes by Karen Marie Moning
There's only that one picture of me, standing in front of the motel door with 9 on it, long ago, a month ago. Already that child seems much younger, poorer, farther away, a shrunken, ignorant version of myself. ~ Margaret Atwood
1984 Child Spies quotes by Margaret Atwood
Gaenor Quotes «
» Refinanced Debt Quotes