1899 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1899.

Quotes About 1899

Enjoy collection of 12 1899 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1899. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1899 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Registration Day' by Gavin Gunhold (1899 - )
Toronto Review of Poetry, 1947

On registration day at taxidermy school
I distinctly saw the eyes of the stuffed moose
Move. ~ Gordon Korman
1899 quotes by Gordon Korman
I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear the coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me - I am happy. ~Hamlin Garland, McClure's, February 1899 ~ Hamlin Garland
1899 quotes by Hamlin Garland
The seal of Reason, made impregnable:
_ The seal of Truth, immeasurably splendid:
The seal of Brotherhood, man's miracle:
_ The seal of Peace, and Wisdom heaven-descended:
The seal of Bitterness, cast down to Hell:
_ The seal of Love, secure, not-to-be-rended:
The seventh seal, Equality: that, broken,
God sets His thunder and earthquake for a token. ~ Aleister Crowley
1899 quotes by Aleister Crowley
You have to remember that although Gandhi and Churchill only met physically once, their paths crossed again and crossed again all over the globe, from London and South Africa and India and back to London. In fact, I discovered that during the Boer War in 1899 they literally passed yards from each other on the battlefield. ~ Arthur L. Herman
1899 quotes by Arthur L. Herman
In international commerce, India is an ancient country-(19th October, 1899) ~ Virchand Gandhi
1899 quotes by Virchand Gandhi
The first proponent of cortical memory networks on a major scale was neither a neuroscientist nor a computer scientist but .. a Viennes economist: Friedrich von Hayek (1899-1992). A man of exceptionally broad knowledge and profound insight into the operation of complex systems, Hayek applied such insight with remarkable success to economics (Nobel Prize, 1974), sociology, political science, jurisprudence, evolutionary theory, psychology, and brain science (Hayek, 1952). ~ Joaquin Fuster
1899 quotes by Joaquin Fuster
By 1899, we had learned to tame the darkness but not the Texas heat. ~ Jacqueline Kelly
1899 quotes by Jacqueline Kelly
The dream has a very striking way of dealing with the category of opposites and contradictions. This is simply disregarded. To the dream 'No' does not seem to exist. In particular, it prefers to draw opposites together into a unity or to represent them as one. Indeed, it also takes the liberty of representing some random element by its wished-for opposite, so that at first one cannot tell which of the possible poles is meant positively or negatively in the dream-thoughts. ~ Sigmund Freud
1899 quotes by Sigmund Freud
Roosevelt reasoned, "if the Vice-Presidency led to the Governor Generalship of the Philippines, then the question would be entirely altered." That post was the one he desired above all others, even a second gubernatorial term. From the moment the United States acquired the islands as a provision of the treaty in 1899 ending the Spanish-American War, Roosevelt had coveted the job of creating a new government in a Philippines free of Spanish tyranny. ~ Doris Kearns Goodwin
1899 quotes by Doris Kearns Goodwin
Only a rebuke that 'has something in it' will sting, will have the power to stir our feelings, not the other sort, as we know. ~ Sigmund Freud
Our memory has no guarantees at all, and yet we bow more often than is objectively justified to the compulsion to believe what it says. ~ Sigmund Freud
Jan 1899 You must aim at the Staff College, but for the love of God never become a professional Staff Officer. Never lose touch with the troops. Remember that you serve the troops and it is the troops who matter. They are the folk who win victories, take care of your men and they will never let you down. ~ Richard Meinertzhagen
1899 quotes by Richard Meinertzhagen
Phenomenology Quotes «
» French Revolution Quotes