1895 Penny Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1895 Penny.

Quotes About 1895 Penny

Enjoy collection of 37 1895 Penny quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1895 Penny. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1895 Penny quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Invite them back if you'd like," she called after him. "There's plenty." She was four courses upset and considering an amuse-bouche. ~ Louise Penny
1895 Penny quotes by Louise Penny
I used almost every penny I ever made to build recording studios in every city I lived in. I don't have much to show for all the TV money except a lot of musical gear and a lot of songs. ~ John Tesh
1895 Penny quotes by John Tesh
As far as he was concerned, all women wanted all men. And vice versa. What stood in the way between a man and a woman at Cafe Algiers was a few chairs, a table, maybe a door
material distance. All a man needed was the will and above all the patience to wait out a woman's scruples or help her brush them aside. As in a game of penny poker, he explained, all that matters was simply the will to keep raising the pot by a single penny each time; a single penny, not two; a single penny was easy, you wouldn't even feel it; but you had to wait for her to raise you by a penny as well, which is when you'd raise her by another, she by yet another, and so on. Seduction was not pushing people into doing things they did not wish to do. Seduction was just keeping the pennies coming. ~ Andre Aciman
1895 Penny quotes by Andre Aciman
When I finished my tale of both woe and whoa ... ~ Penny Reid
1895 Penny quotes by Penny Reid
My smile grew. "Yeah. Me and Drew."
His eyes narrowed. "Is it serious?"
I nodded, my smile morphing into a giant grin. "Yep. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a chronic condition. ~ Penny Reid
She told me I should be proud of my healthy shape and healthy body and love it and treasure it because it was mine. No one, she said, could tell me what to think of my body. If I let another person's opinion matter I was giving him or her control over me, and I had complete control over my own self-image. ~ Penny Reid
Be not penny-wise. Riches have wings. Sometimes they fly away of themselves, and sometimes they must be set flying to bring in more. ~ Francis Bacon
1895 Penny quotes by Francis Bacon
He never should have left the island. He'd been there with Diana and Penny. He could have tossed Penny off a cliff and been fine on the island. Decent food, a beautiful mansion, electricity, and a soft bed with Diana in it.
What had he been thinking, leaving the island?
He missed Diana busting him. He missed her snarky voice. He missed her eye rolls and that skeptical look she had where she'd half close her eyes and look at him like he was too dumb to merit her full attention. He'd have killed, or at least injured, anyone else who treated him like that. But she wasn't anyone else.
He missed her hair. Her neck. Her breasts.
She understood him. She loved him, in her own way. And if he had listened to her, he'd still be on the island. Somehow he would have found some fuel to keep the lights on there. Probably. And the food would have run out and then they'd have starved, but hey, this was the FAYZ, where all you could really hope to do was delay the pain. ~ Michael Grant
1895 Penny quotes by Michael Grant
A woman is a fool that lives from penny to farthing and n'er looks to the possibility of loss. ~ Nancy E. Turner
1895 Penny quotes by Nancy E. Turner
I think you should send Penny away." When Caine started to object, Albert, finally evincing his impatience, raised his hand. "First, because Penny is a sick, unstable person. She was bound to cause problems, and she'll cause more. Second, because what happened to Cigar turns everyone against you. It's not just Quinn: everyone thinks it's wrong. And third, if you don't and if Quinn stands firm, this town will empty out. ~ Michael Grant
1895 Penny quotes by Michael Grant
They listened with flattering attention. He was filled with enthusiasm. He began at the beginning and tried to tell it as he thought Penny would do. Half-way through, he looked down at the cake. He lost interest in the account.
"Then Pa shot him," he ended abruptly. ~ Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
1895 Penny quotes by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
She took the long way home," said Ruth. "Some do, you know. They seem lost. Sometimes they might even head off in the wrong direction. Lots of people give up, say they're gone forever, but I don't believe that. Some make it home, eventually. ~ Louise Penny
Christ hath instituted Baptism as a bath, to wash away the anger, and hath put into us the Noble Stone, viz. the water of eternal life, for an earnest-penny, so that instantly in our childhood we might be able to escape the wrath. ~ Jakob Bohme
1895 Penny quotes by Jakob Bohme
Why do the gingerbread girls have to wear pink?" Penny asks.
"Why should the gingerbread girls feel like they shouldn't wear pink?" I say. "I like pink."
"Only because you've been conditioned to like it by Barbies and gendered Lego."
"Lay off, Penny. I've never played with Lego. ~ Rainbow Rowell
1895 Penny quotes by Rainbow Rowell
You're going to wear that?" Jackson lifted his chin, indicating my outfit. I glanced down at myself. Seeing nothing wrong with my blue jeans, hiking boots, and long-sleeved purple Henley with the top four buttons undone. I returned Jackson's scowl with a frown. "And what's wrong with what I'm wearing?" "Your shirt is half undone, your boobs are busting out, and those jeans are awfully tight." I crossed my arms under my chest and glared at my brother. "Are you calling me fat?" "No. I'm saying that outfit doesn't leave much to the imagination. I don't want that Winston boy getting ideas." Meanwhile, I wanted Duane to get lots of ideas. ~ Penny Reid
Don't change a thing. God, Jess. Don't change a single thing. Be wild for me, be reckless. I love your kind of wild. ~ Penny Reid
Right now we're both yard sales of emotions. A penny for pain. A dime for bitterness. A quarter for grief. A dollar for silence. It binds us together, but I don't want him to pay the price for the parts of me that are used and broken. ~ Courtney C. Stevens
1895 Penny quotes by Courtney C. Stevens
We'd spent two years - two fucking years - with a misunderstanding between us. I didn't want to do that again, not even for two hours.

So what am I going to say?

It was a particular place to be, this limbo. It had me asking myself philosophical questions and thinking things like,

What is love?

And, How do you know you're in love?

And, Why does she think she loves me?

And, If this shitty feeling is love, I'm going to be so pissed.

Because if this shitty feeling was love, if this choking, desperate mix of happiness and pain I felt every time I saw her or thought about her was love, if I'd been in love with her this whole fucking time and I'd been lying to myself and lying to her and wasting time, then I deserved a big, fat fucking punch in the face.

"Crap," I said, shaking my head at myself. ~ Penny Reid
Tiger Woods is the only sports star who's worth every penny he makes. ~ Mark Wahlberg
1895 Penny quotes by Mark Wahlberg
Funny how imperfections on the outside mean something splendid beneath. ~ Louise Penny
Make it a policy to know your net worth to the penny. ~ T. Harv Eker
1895 Penny quotes by T. Harv Eker
You're seeing someone else, aren't you?"
Seeing someone else? How on earth could that explain any of this? Why would seeing someone else necessitate bringing home a middle­-aged woman, a teenaged punk and an American with a leather jacket and a Rod Stewart haircut? What would the story have been? But then, after reflection, I realised that Penny had probably been here before, and therefore knew that infidelity can usually provide the answer to any domestic mystery. If I had walked in with Sheena Easton and Donald Rumsfeld, Penny would probably have scratched her head for a few seconds before saying exactly the same thing.
In other circumstances, on other evenings, it would have been the right conclusion, too; I used to be pretty resourceful when I was being unfaithful to Cindy, even if I do say so myself. I once drove a new BMW into a wall, simply because I needed to explain a four­-hour delay in getting home from work. Cindy came out into the street to inspect the crumpled bonnet, looked at me, and said, "You're seeing someone else, aren't you?" I denied it, of course.
But then, anything – smashing up a new car, persuading Donald Rumsfeld to come to an Islington flat in the early hours of New Year's Day – is easier than actually telling the truth. That look you get, the look which lets you see right through the eyes and down into the place where she keeps all the hurt and the rage and the loathing... Who wouldn't go that extra yard to avoid it? ~ Nick Hornby
1895 Penny quotes by Nick Hornby
She strong-armed the swinging door and walked through. Straight into an acid flashback.
Clara's first reaction was to laugh. She stood stunned for a moment then started to laugh. And laugh. And laugh until she thought she'd piddle. Peter was soon infected and began laughing. And Gamache, who up until this moment had only seen a travesty, smiled, then chuckled, then laughed and within moments was laughing so hard he had to wipe away tears.
'Holy horrible taste, Batman,' said Clara to Peter who doubled over, laughing some more.
'Solid, man, solid,' he gasped and managed to raise a peace sign before having to put both hands on his knees to support his heaving body. ~ Louise Penny
Elizabeth, in your own misguided, crazy, PMSing-woman way, I think you've been trying to be nice."
My mouth fell open. "Hey!"
"You're just not very good at being nice. It's not a strength of yours."
"I can't believe you just said that."
"You should work on it. You should compliment me more, tell me I look pretty."
I hit him on the shoulder even as I laughed. "You're an idiot."
"And you're beautiful. ~ Penny Reid
You can choose not to be interested in politics, but you can't choose to be unaffected by it ~ Penny Wong
1895 Penny quotes by Penny Wong
Oscar Wilde was suing the Marquis of Queensbury in 1895 for libel accusing Wilde of homosexuality
Counsel: Have you ever adored a young man madly?
Wilde: I have never given adoration to anyone except myself. ~ Oscar Wilde
1895 Penny quotes by Oscar Wilde
I recognized him instantly even though the last time I saw him in person he was seventeen, naked, and asleep. I was sixteen, haphazardly dressed, and sneaking out his window. ~ Penny Reid
Opinions are 10 a penny. In the spin-driven, PR-controlled world of the 21st century, hard facts are rare indeed. ~ David Hewson
1895 Penny quotes by David Hewson
There was no way Penny would go to House and let Sam see her. That would ruin everything. Sam would take one look at her and be like, "Yikes, never mind. ~ Mary H.K. Choi
1895 Penny quotes by Mary H.K. Choi
No. That's not what I want. You would have to go all in. We would go out to dinner, see movies, call each other, text. I'd work on your car - you know, the Mustang you left at my house earlier this week - install gadgets you don't need 'cause you're my girl. You might come to the Winston place and hang out with us boys. This would be both of us, all in for all twelve months - or less if we find we don't suit. ~ Penny Reid
I was drunk at five in the afternoon.

Luckily, we were in Las Vegas. I contemplated the fact that being drunk in Las Vegas was like being sober everywhere else in the world. So... normal. ~ Penny Reid
Everything is temporary, Duane. This," he gestured to our surroundings, "this is temporary. Even mountains fall. Nothing lasts forever. You got a chance at happiness, even for a week, a month, a year? You grab it and you hold on to it for as long as it lasts. ~ Penny Reid
Kindness never cost me a penny," he said. "I see no need to hoard it." She ~ Meredith Duran
1895 Penny quotes by Meredith Duran
Photos sat on the piano and shelves bulged with books, testament to a life well lived. ~ Louise Penny
Poor Quinn."
I glanced at my husband, and found him shaking his head mournfully.
"Why poor Quinn?" Kat asked.
"Dan still has his crush on Nico, and Quinn isn't here to defend his bromance."
I snorted because this was true. Dan had a bit of a crush on Nico. But then, we all did.
As though reading my thoughts, Sandra mock-whispered, "We all have a crush on Nico. Even you, Greg."
He didn't deny it; instead, opting to say, "I'm going to start a rumor that Dan and Nico bought tickets to the Cubs opening game, they're going together, and are hoping to get on the kiss-cam."
I clicked my tongue in mild disapproval. "You are a gossip, Greg Archer."
"Yes. I am. Annoyingly, Alex is worthless at spreading rumors because he's smitten with Drew."
"And you're smitten with no one," I stated.
"Untrue. I'm smitten with you."
This earned him an appreciative grin; I lifted my chin. "Well played, husband. Well played. ~ Penny Reid
As chairman of the Senate subcommittee responsible for NASA appropriations, I say not a penny for this nutty fantasy. ~ William Proxmire
1895 Penny quotes by William Proxmire
You know for sure Jane would be annoyed she gave you all her money and you're not even enjoying it. Should have given it to me.' Myrna had shaken her head in mock bewilderment. 'I'd have known what to do with it. Boom, down to Jamaica, a nice Rasta man, a good book - '
'Wait a minute. You have a Rasta man and you're reading a book?'
'Oh, yes. Each has a purpose. For instance, a Rasta man is great when he's hard, but not a book.'
Clara had laughed. They shared a disdain for hard books. Not the content, but the cover. Hardcovers were simply too hard to hold, especially in bed.
'Unlike a Rasta man,' said Myrna. ~ Louise Penny
Ketawa Comedy Quotes «
» Somogyv Ri P L Quotes