1894 S Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1894 S.

Quotes About 1894 S

Enjoy collection of 10 1894 S quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1894 S. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1894 S quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

The Hollywood comedienne Gracie Allen was so secretive about her age that even her husband, the fellow performer George Burns, didn't know her real date of birth. Various sources claim that Allen was born on July 26 in 1894, 1895, 1897, 1902, or 1906. Throughout her life, Allen claimed that her birth certificate was destroyed in the 1906 San Francisco earthquake, even though the earthquake occurred a few months before her alleged birthday. When asked about the discrepancy, Allen allegedly remarked, 'Well, it was an awfully big earthquake. ~ Richard Wiseman
1894 S quotes by Richard Wiseman
In Britain, chinoiserie was eclipsed by the medievalism of Sir Walter Scott and the Gothic Revival, while in Europe japonisme would be chinoiserie's successor. Japonisme never compelled the general middle-class British taste as did the indigenous medieval style. Nonetheless, through extensive importations to Britain of Japanese art and artifacts, notably by the shop Liberty's of London, as well as through the artists James McNeill Whistler and Dante Gabriel Rossetti, the architect E.W. Godwin, and the writer Oscar Wilde, the Japanese style of decoration was known in Britain well before 1894. ~ Linda Gertner Zatlin
1894 S quotes by Linda Gertner Zatlin
Maximilian Kolbe : (1894-1941), what an amazing life! A role model to me and to millions of people around the world. He wanted to be one of the greatest saints in the world. I want to be "A gift from God to Mankind", the meaning of my first name : Teddy. ~ Teddy Crispin
1894 S quotes by Teddy Crispin
A public library is the most enduring of memorials, the trustiest monument for the preservation of an event or a name or an affection; for it, and it only, is respected by wars and revolutions, and survives them.
[Letter to the Millicent (Rogers) Library, February 22, 1894] ~ Mark Twain
1894 S quotes by Mark Twain
I went back in British history. Some 204 people died there after a mine collapsed in 1838. In 1866, 361 miners died in Britain. In an explosion in 1894, 290 people died there ... These are usual things. ~ Recep Tayyip Erdogan
1894 S quotes by Recep Tayyip Erdogan
I met Pierre Curie for the first time in the spring of the year 1894 ... A Polish physicist whom I knew, and who was a great admirer of Pierre Curie, one day invited us together to spend the evening with himself and his wife. ~ Marie Curie
1894 S quotes by Marie Curie
The Verbalist, 1894 ~ Ammon Shea
1894 S quotes by Ammon Shea
The club supporters' old practice of shooting arrows into the air from their wands every time their Chasers scored was banned by the Department of Magical Games and Sports in 1894, when one of these weapons pierced the referee Nugent Potts through the nose. ~ J.K. Rowling
1894 S quotes by J.K. Rowling
Hence a report from Harvard's own "Committee on Raising the Standard": "Grades A and B are sometimes given too readily - Grade A for work of not very high merit, and Grade B for work not far above mediocrity ... One of the chief obstacles to raising the standards of the degree is the readiness with which insincere students gain passable grades by sham work." Except that report was written in - you saw this coming, didn't you? - 1894. ~ Alfie Kohn
1894 S quotes by Alfie Kohn
At the end of our visit, Fleisher agreed to play something on my piano, a beautiful old 1894 Bechstein concert grand that I had grown up with, my father's piano. Fleisher sat at the piano and carefully, tenderly, stretched each finger in turn, and then, with arms and hands almost flat, he started to play. He played a piano transcription of Bach's "Sheep May Safely Graze," as arranged for piano by Egon Petri. Never in its 112 years, I thought, had this piano been played by such a master-I had the feeling that Fleisher has sized up the piano's character and perhaps its idiosyncrasies within seconds, that he had matched his playing to the instrument, to bring out its greatest potential, its particularity. Fleisher seemed to distill the beauty, drop by drop, like an alchemist, into flowing notes of an almost unbearable beauty-and, after this, there was nothing more to be said. ~ Oliver Sacks
1894 S quotes by Oliver Sacks
Flophouse Container Quotes «
» Rennen Design Quotes