1737 Photography Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1737 Photography.

Quotes About 1737 Photography

Enjoy collection of 35 1737 Photography quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1737 Photography. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1737 Photography quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

It's the rejection that is hard. It's not the interviewing that's hard. It's not the photography that's hard. It's, you know, approaching people all day long and having a good portion of those people reject you and some of them be rude. ~ Brandon Stanton
1737 Photography quotes by Brandon Stanton
We pass the billboard and I console myself in two ways. First, I know that most photographs taken are a gamble at best. Second and more important: I remind myself to find the pleasure in this moment, a time in which the red sky passes to black, children create unanticipated rhymes, and the stars fall closer to earth. ~ Laura McPhee
1737 Photography quotes by Laura McPhee
If I had been born one or two hundred years ago, I might have been a sculptor, but photography is a very quick way to see, to make sculpture. ~ Robert Mapplethorpe
1737 Photography quotes by Robert Mapplethorpe
Photography has definitely been my favorite way to remember things. At least for me that's how my brain processes things, of memories or moments - if I take a picture of it I can remember so many more details. I think it's about choosing the exact picture in my head that signifies or symbolizes a moment - almost as if you're using film. It's almost archaic. ~ Dianna Agron
1737 Photography quotes by Dianna Agron
You always end up with too many pictures to edit and too few that you feel 'got it'. ~ Jay Maisel
1737 Photography quotes by Jay Maisel
My photography is the result of being there at the right moment. ~ Rene Burri
1737 Photography quotes by Rene Burri
My theory of composition? Simple: do not release the shutter until everything in the viewfinder feels just right. ~ Ernst Haas
1737 Photography quotes by Ernst Haas
The camera can push the new medium to its limits - and beyond. It is there - in the "beyond" - that the imaginative photographer will compete with the imaginative painter. Painting must return to the natural world from time to time for renewal of the artistic vision. The key sector of renewal of vision today is the new vistas revealed by science. Here photography, which is not only art but science also, stands on the firmest ground. ~ Andreas Feininger
1737 Photography quotes by Andreas Feininger
Photography was a blessing because it filled my time. ~ Jessica Lange
1737 Photography quotes by Jessica Lange
A lot of people want to make films and do photography and things, but I'm quite happy doing what I'm doing. ~ Syd Barrett
1737 Photography quotes by Syd Barrett
I wasn't very ambitious. I think that's the solution. I just took things as they came. I wouldn't say I didn't have any problem, but I didn't care. I didn't think I was going to save the world by doing photography as some of these people do. I was just having a good time doing it, and so I still had a good time no matter what I had to photograph. ~ Imogen Cunningham
1737 Photography quotes by Imogen Cunningham
Actually, no. I won't ever go digital. I work with thirty-five or large format. I like the hand-jobs, you know. And I still do most of my own printing. I've developed such a profound distaste for touch-up and modern artifice - comes from snapping too many derelicts and detritus, perhaps, but I love it. Photo bloody Shop can go stuff it. A picture should be honest, even if the subject is contrived on the ground, you know; not dolled-up for advertising punch or sex appeal. ~ Pansy Schneider-Horst
1737 Photography quotes by Pansy Schneider-Horst
art is risk made visible ~ Arno Rafael Minkkinen
1737 Photography quotes by Arno Rafael Minkkinen
Beware of color theories. Theories in color photography are dangerous. The plain fact that there are so many of them proves my point. ~ Ernst Haas
1737 Photography quotes by Ernst Haas
In my photography, color and composition are inseparable. I see in color. ~ William Albert Allard
1737 Photography quotes by William Albert Allard
Something very ugly to you as a person can look beautiful through the viewfinder, but being able to find that beauty, oftentimes, means seeing the humanity within the frame. If you turn that off completely, you don't see at all. ~ Zana Briski
1737 Photography quotes by Zana Briski
A photographer needs to be a good editor of negatives and prints! In fact, most of the prints I make are for my eyes only, and they are no good. I find the single most valuable tool in the darkroom is my trash can - that's where most of my prints end up. ~ John Sexton
1737 Photography quotes by John Sexton
When you take the picture of the people, you take the picture of the whole stories of their past because every person is nothing but a combination of their entire past stories! ~ Mehmet Murat Ildan
1737 Photography quotes by Mehmet Murat Ildan
In a strict sense photography can never be abstract, for the camera is incapable of synthetic integration. ~ Ansel Adams
1737 Photography quotes by Ansel Adams
For black folks, the camera provided a means to document a reality that could, if necessary, be packed, stored, moved from place to place ... [Photography] offered a way to contain memories, to overcome loss, to keep history. ~ Bell Hooks
1737 Photography quotes by Bell Hooks
A photographer's best pictures are from deep inside him, and also some of the worst. Some photographers enjoy distinguished careers without ever taking personal photographs. Others, audaciously and arrogantly and courageously discharge their most private feelings through photography. Trouble is, sometimes it all adds up to baloney. ~ Burk Uzzle
1737 Photography quotes by Burk Uzzle
The Concerned Photographer produces images in which genuine human feeling predominates over commercial cynicism or disinterested formalism. ~ Cornell Capa
1737 Photography quotes by Cornell Capa
Cinematography was incredibly foreign to me, so I read as much as I could about it. Once I figured out that it was just photography with a set shutter speed, I got some slide film and I just went about storyboarding the script and taking snapshots. I took a ton of time doing it just to make sure I knew exactly what I was doing. By the end of it I knew what the film was going to look like - my exposure and the composition and everything. I wasn't scared of cinematography anymore. ~ Shane Carruth
1737 Photography quotes by Shane Carruth
I like to work in the real world, so I do a lot of searching or just simple looking. But I'm not above tweaking reality and making something up. I don't think there are any rules in art. It's not so much what you see as it is the significance you, the artist, see in it. ~ Keith Carter
1737 Photography quotes by Keith Carter
There's an idea that it's hard to be a woman artist. People assume that women have fewer opportunities, less power. But it's not any harder to be a woman artist than to be a male artist. We all take what we are given and use the parts of ourselves that feed the work. We make our way. Photographers, men and women, are particularly lucky. Photography lets you find yourself. It is a passport to people and places and to possibilities. ~ Annie Leibovitz
1737 Photography quotes by Annie Leibovitz
I would say that the off-frame effect in photography results from a singular and definitive cutting-off which figures castration and is figured by the click of the shutter. ~ Christian Metz
1737 Photography quotes by Christian Metz
Never say you're going back - SHOOT IT NOW! ~ Jay Maisel
1737 Photography quotes by Jay Maisel
At a fundamental level photography is much like pointing, and all of us occasionally point at things: look at that, look at that sailboat, look at that tree, etc. etc. ~ Keith Carter
1737 Photography quotes by Keith Carter
I came from the outside, the rules of photography didn't interest me ... ~ William Klein
1737 Photography quotes by William Klein
As a painter, taking photos is a form of shorthand - note-taking. ~ Wanda Koop
1737 Photography quotes by Wanda Koop
Among the most compelling truths in some of the early photographs is their implication of silence. ~ Robert Adams
1737 Photography quotes by Robert Adams
But I did not always know just what it was I wanted to photograph. I believe it is important for a photographer to discover this, for unless he finds what it is that excites him, what it is that calls forth at once an emotional response, he is unlikely to achieve his best work. ~ Bill Brandt
1737 Photography quotes by Bill Brandt
Well, I do think, particularly the way I work, the better images occur when you're moving to the fringes of your own understanding. That's where self-doubt and risk taking are likely to occur. It's when you trust what's happening at a non-intellectual non-conscious level that you can produce work that later resonates, often in a way that you can't articulate a response to. ~ Jerry Uelsmann
1737 Photography quotes by Jerry Uelsmann
Photography is truth. ~ Jean-Luc Godard
1737 Photography quotes by Jean-Luc Godard
The clue to book jacket photography is to look friendly and approachable, but not too glamorous. ~ Antonia Fraser
1737 Photography quotes by Antonia Fraser
Buster From Arrested Quotes «
» Late Christmas Shopping Quotes