164 165 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 164 165.

Quotes About 164 165

Enjoy collection of 39 164 165 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 164 165. Righ click to see and save pictures of 164 165 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I don't know what this great thing I'm meant to be doing is, and it looks to me as if I was supposed not to know. And I resent that, right?

"The old me knew. The old me cared. Fine, so far so good. Except that the old me cared so much that he actually got inside his own brain--my own brain--and locked off the bits that knew and cared, because if I knew and cared I wouldn't be able to do it. [...]

"But this former self of mine killed himself off, didn't he, by changing my brain? Okay, that was his choice. This new me has its own choices to make, and by a strange coincidence those choices involve not knowing and not caring about this big number, whatever it is. That's what he wanted, that's what he got.

"Except this old self of mine tired to leave himself in control, leaving orders for me in the bit of my brain he locked off. Well, I don't want to know, and I don't want to hear them. That's my choice. I'm not going to be anybody's puppet, particularly not my own. [...]

"The old me is dead! [...] Killed himself! The dead shouldn't hang about trying t0 interfere with the living. ~ Douglas Adams
164 165 quotes by Douglas Adams
It is estimated that every three minutes somewhere in the world a Christian faces serious violations ranging from severe discrimination to outright persecution of their basic right to freedom of religion. Each year about 165,000 people are murdered simply because they are Christians. In total, between 200 million and 300 million Christians worldwide live with the constant threat of persecution because of their faith. ~ Majed El Shafie
164 165 quotes by Majed El Shafie
It's estimated that the Arctic, within seven years and maybe as soon as 2015, will have its first ice-free summer in the last 700,000 years (keep in mind that humans have only been on this planet for 165,000 years). Earlier projections predicted ice-free summers as far out in the future as 2080. ~ Thom Hartmann
164 165 quotes by Thom Hartmann
The truth is that the 143 million orphaned children and the 11 million who starve to death or die from preventable diseases and the 8.5 million who work as child slaves, prostitutes, or under other horrific conditions and the 2.3 million who live with HIV add up to 164.8 million needy children. And though at first glance that looks like a big number, 2.1 billion people on this earth proclaim to be Christians. The truth is that if only 8 percent of the Christians would care for one more child, there would not be any statistics left. ~ Katie J. Davis
164 165 quotes by Katie J. Davis
Donald Trump comes closer than anyone else to being the archetype of the species; crossing genres, he exemplifies all the ways an asshole can capture our attention. (164-65) ~ Geoffrey Nunberg
164 165 quotes by Geoffrey Nunberg
One acre of land can produce either 20,000 pounds of potatoes or a measly 165 pounds of meat. ~ Lindsay S. Nixon
164 165 quotes by Lindsay S. Nixon
We are as strictly and solemnly commanded to pray as in the others . . . not to kill, not to steal, etc."165 We must pray whether we feel like it or not. ~ Timothy J. Keller
164 165 quotes by Timothy J. Keller
An acre of poppies and a forest of spruce boggle no one's mind. Even ten square miles of wheat gladdens the hearts of most ... No, in the plant world, and especially among the flowering plants, fecundity is not an assault on human values. Plants are not our competitors; they are our prey and our nesting materials. We are no more distressed at their proliferation than an owl is at a population explosion among field mice ... but in the animal world things are different, and human feelings are different ... Fecundity is anathema only in the animal. "Acres and acres of rats" has a suitably chilling ring to it that is decidedly lacking if I say, instead, "acres and acres of tulips". ~ Annie Dillard
164 165 quotes by Annie Dillard
To what is One, sages give many a title they call it Agni, Yama, Mātariśvan.
एकं सद विप्रा बहुधा वदन्त्यग्निं यमं मातरिश्वानमाहुः ||
1:164:46
(ekaṃ sad viprā bahudhā vadantyaghniṃ yamaṃ mātariśvānamāhuḥ) ~ Anonymous
164 165 quotes by Anonymous
The free market tells us what people are willing to pay for a given thing at a given moment. That's all the free market does. The free market is a bathroom scale. We may not like what we see when we step on the bathroom scale, but we can't pass a law making ourselves weigh 165. ~ P. J. O'Rourke
164 165 quotes by P. J. O'Rourke
One hour three times per week in the gym is no counterbalance to all of the other behavior in those other 165 hours ~ Mark Twight
164 165 quotes by Mark Twight
Here's a 165-year old but still fitting comment on public officials who are so sure they're right that they'll drive over a cliff rather than compromise:
"Always to be right, always to trample forward, and never to doubt – are not these the great qualities with which dullness takes the lead in the world?" William Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair: a Novel without a Hero (1848).

The author's middle name really was "Makepeace." As the quote shows, he disliked those who would not. ~ William Makepeace Thackeray
164 165 quotes by William Makepeace Thackeray
Henri Bergson said: "To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly." (p. 165) ~ Jenny Sanford
164 165 quotes by Jenny Sanford
One, there was never any mention of this being a gathering. Two, I do not trust anyone who leaves home without a book. It is just not right." Miles. p. 165. ~ Will Kostakis
164 165 quotes by Will Kostakis
Our future shall not consist of networks, but of blocs whose very essence shall be of an ethnic nature. We are heading towards a simplification of the domain of ideas that govern our world. Over-ornate intellectual analyses are always a source of disorder. ~ Guillaume Faye
164 165 quotes by Guillaume Faye
I look back at pictures of myself and I remember thinking, "I was so fat when I was growing up. I was 165 pounds when I graduated from high school. I was a mess". ~ Viola Davis
164 165 quotes by Viola Davis
Shel Israel has been a diabetic for many years, jabbing his finger a few times every day to measure his blood sugar. Every six months he brings his glucose meter to his endocrinologist, who extracts and analyzes the data. His pharmacist recently informed him that a new California law requires him to share his data with them as well or his insurance coverage will be dropped, raising the monthly cost from about $8.25 to about $165. Who is behind this law? ~ Robert Scoble
164 165 quotes by Robert Scoble
My mom cooked pot roast with noodles and frozen vegetables. Or she'd make spaghetti or hot dogs, or heat up TV dinners. Before I started modeling at age 19, I was 5'8 and weighed 165 pounds. ~ Carol Alt
164 165 quotes by Carol Alt
No one particular religion has been able to secure the exclusive rights for the power of prayer. No matter who you are, we all have the ability to take advantage of this amazing and wonderful power. Once you realize this, you will then be filled with the desire to help others realize this as well. More and more people are resonating with this understanding, and this could result in a more wonderful future for mankind. (165) ~ Masaru Emoto
164 165 quotes by Masaru Emoto
I'm an equation that only she solves, these X's and Y's by other names called. My way of dividing is desperately flawed as I multiply the days without her - Page 165 ~ Maggie Stiefvater
164 165 quotes by Maggie Stiefvater
The 1970s were the decade of megabytes. In the summer of 1970, IBM introduced two new computer models with more memory than ever before: the Model 155, with 768,000 bytes of memory, and the larger Model 165, with a full megabyte, in a large cabinet. One of these room-filling mainframes could be purchased for $4,674,160. By 1982 Prime Computer was marketing a megabyte of memory on a single circuit board, for $36,000. ~ James Gleick
164 165 quotes by James Gleick
The match would have to be made at 165 pounds. Sean can't make 160 any more, even though he's drinking lite beer these days ~ Angelo Dundee
164 165 quotes by Angelo Dundee
I just weighed myself, and I thought I weighed 165, but it turns out I weigh 180. Wow! I've put on muscle mass and I haven't even been working out at all! ~ Jarod Kintz
164 165 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Exhibit 6.2 Cost of $1,000 in Monthly Lifetime Annuity Income, Starting at Age 65 Year Male Female 2004 $157,432 $167,818 2005 $157,255 $167,817 2006 $151,700 $161,363 2007 $151,524 $160,966 2008 $147,953 $155,843 2009 $156,500 $165,502 2010 $170,116 $178,410 2011 $174,828 $182,952 2012 $187,008 $195,216 2013 $183,728 $191,571 Average $163,804 $172,746 Source: CANNEX Financial Exchanges for non-COLA-adjusted qualified annuity income with a 10-year guarantee for California. ~ Moshe A. Milevsky
164 165 quotes by Moshe A. Milevsky
The FairTax takes current individual taxpayers out of the tax collection and payment business altogether. Just how many people would that be? Try 165 million. That's 165 million people who at present need to be watched, and perhaps audited, by the IRS to ensure compliance. With the FairTax, we'll have about 25 million businesses to watch instead of 165 million taxpayers… Further, the states and the feds - at least in the forty-five states that have sales taxes - will be looking at the same companies. ~ Neal Boortz
164 165 quotes by Neal Boortz
Rigveda: Book No 1. Hyme No. 164 verse 46:
Truth, one and the same be,
Wise describe it differently ~ Munindra Misra
164 165 quotes by Munindra Misra
Footnote 164: "I finally hooked up with Ashley. I went over to her place yesterday morning. Early. She lives in Venice. Her eyebrows look like flakes of sunlight. Her smile, I'm sure, burnt Rome to the ground. And for the life of me I didn't know who she was or where we met... We sat down and I wanted to talk. I wanted to ask her who she was, where we'd met, been before, but she just smiled and held my hand as we lay down on the hammock and started to swing above all those dead leaves... Before I left she told me our story: where we met - Texas - kissed, but never made love and this had confused and haunted her and she had needed it before she got married which was in four months to a man she loved who made a living manufacturing TNT exclusively for a highway construction firm up in Colorado where he frequently went on business trips and where one night, drunk, angry and disappointed he had invited a hooker back to his motel room and so on and who cared and what was I doing here anyway?... I was still hurting, abandoned, drank three glasses of bourbon and fumed on some weed, then came here, thinking of voices, real and imagined, of ghosts, my ghost, of her, at long last, in this idiotic footnote, when she gently pushed me out her door and I said quietly 'Ashley' causing her to stop pushing me and ask 'yes?' her eyes bright with something she saw that I could never see though what she saw was me, and me not caring now at least knowing the truth and telling her the truth: 'I've ~ Mark Z. Danielewski
164 165 quotes by Mark Z. Danielewski
Franklin says, "war is robbery, commerce is generally cheating."[164] If the transformation of merchants' money into capital is to be explained otherwise than by the producers being simply cheated, a long series of intermediate steps would be necessary, which, at present, when the simple circulation of commodities forms our only assumption, are entirely wanting. ~ Karl Marx
164 165 quotes by Karl Marx
Meat is an inefficient way to eat. An acre of land can yield 20,000 pounds of potatoes, but that same acre would only graze enough cows to get 165 pounds of meat. ~ Alexandra Paul
164 165 quotes by Alexandra Paul
This is faithfulness, to admit and to manifest no other movements but only the movements prompted and guided by the Divine.

Words Of The Mother, vol.14, p.164 ~ The Mother
164 165 quotes by The Mother
Tell me, how many real motherfuckers feel me? I smoke a blunt
and freak the funk until these jealous motherfuckers kill me
I'm out the gutter, pick a hero
I'm 165 and staying high til I die, my competion's zero
Cause I could give a fuck about you, better duck
Or I'll be forced to hit yo ass up I give a fuck
I'm sick inside my mind, why you sweatin me?
It's gonna take an army full of crooked ass cops to come and get me
Niggaz know I ain't the one to sleep on, I'm under pressure
Gotta sleep with my piece, an extra clip beside my dresser
Word to God I've been ready to die since I was born
I don't want no shit but niggaz trip and yo it's on
Open fire on my adversaries, don't even worry
Better have on a vest aim for the chest and then you buried ~ 2Pac
164 165 quotes by 2Pac
For the last 50 years, the federal government has taken out of the Gulf Coast $165 billion in taxes that came from oil and gas off of our coast that went to the federal Treasury, to rebuild all places in America except the place that it came from. ~ Mary Landrieu
164 165 quotes by Mary Landrieu
The Decalogue is not negative law in any sense whatsoever. The Decalogue is not taking anything away from human beings. The Decalogue is God's perfect way to ensure human safety and well-being. It is leading them along the path of holiness. The commandments of the Decalogue are indeed the special way of life for the redeemed, saved, and liberated children of God whom He wishes to be holy as He is holy. Since the giving of the law follows Israel's redemption, it is evident that the law cannot be used for the sake of gaining salvation (Issues in Revelation and Inspiration, p. 164). ~ Gerhard F. Hasel
164 165 quotes by Gerhard F. Hasel
I was told
The average girl begins to plan her wedding at the age of 7
She picks the colors and the cake first
By the age of 10
She knows time,
And location
By 17
She's already chosen a gown
2 bridesmaids
And a maid of honor
By 23
She's waiting for a man
Who wont break out in hives when he hears the word "commitment"
Someone who doesn't smell like a Band-Aid drenched in lonely
Someone who isn't a temporary solution to the empty side of the bed
Someone
Who'll hold her hand like it's the only one they've ever seen
To be honest
I don't know what kind of tux I'll be wearing
I have no clue what want my wedding will look like
But I imagine
The women who pins my last to hers
Will butterfly down the aisle
Like a 5 foot promise
I imagine
Her smile
Will be so large that you'll see it on google maps
And know exactly where our wedding is being held
The woman that I plan to marry
Will have champagne in her walk
And I will get drunk on her footsteps
When the pastor asks
If I take this woman to be my wife
I will say yes before he finishes the sentence
I'll apologize later for being impolite
But I will also explain him
That our first kiss happened 6 years ago
And I've been practicing my "Yes"
For past 2, 165 days
When people ask me about my wedding
I never really know what to say
But whe ~ Rudy Francisco
164 165 quotes by Rudy Francisco
Social intelligence is a function of culture. In other words, the behaviours and characteristics one culture considers socially intelligent are not necessarily deemed socially intelligent by another. (Dong, Koper & Collaco 2008, 165). Social intelligence is something that we learn ~ Anonymous
164 165 quotes by Anonymous
If Algeria introduced a resolution that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions. ~ Abba Eban
164 165 quotes by Abba Eban
I tilt my head sideways so I can look him straight on. "What firsts have we already passed?" "The easy ones. First hug, first date, first fight, first time we slept together, although I wasn't the one sleeping . Now we barely have any left. First kiss. First time to sleep together when we're both actually awake. First marriage. First kid. We're done after that. Our lives will become mundane and boring and I'll have to divorce you and marry a wife who's twenty years younger than me so I can have a lot more firsts and you'll be stuck raising the kids." He cups my cheek in his hand and smiles at me. "So you see, babe? I'm only doing this for your benefit. The longer I wait to kiss you, the longer it'll be before I'm forced to leave you high and dry."
Hoover, Colleen (2012-12-18). Hopeless (pp. 165-166). Colleen Hoover. Kindle Edition. ~ Colleen Hoover
164 165 quotes by Colleen Hoover
The stars we are given. The constellations we make. That is to say, stars exist in the cosmos, but constellations are the imaginary lines we draw between them, the readings we give the sky, the stories we tell. ~ Rebecca Solnit
164 165 quotes by Rebecca Solnit
All of us have worries. We worry because we are intelligent beings. Intelligence predicts, that is its essence; the same intelligence that allows us to plan, hope, imagine, and hypothesize also allows us to worry and anticipate negative outcomes. (164) ~ Norman Doidge
164 165 quotes by Norman Doidge
Guilt Quotes «
» Thought Quotes