1515 Clay Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1515 Clay.

Quotes About 1515 Clay

Enjoy collection of 42 1515 Clay quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1515 Clay. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1515 Clay quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Do not see yourself as a body of clay, see yourself as a mirror reflecting the divine beauty. ~ Rumi
1515 Clay quotes by Rumi
When you make the claim that something on the Internet is going to be good for democracy, you often [hear], 'Are you talking about the thing with the singing cats?' ~ Clay Shirky
1515 Clay quotes by Clay Shirky
The fool will teach ere he has learned, and his very servants scorn him. ~ Roan Clay
1515 Clay quotes by Roan Clay
Put yourself out on a limb, sucka, like me! ~ Muhammad Ali
1515 Clay quotes by Muhammad Ali
What is it?" I asked breathlessly.
"I love you so much. Sometimes it hurts."
"I don't want it to hurt, Clay. Our love should make you feel wonderful. ~ A Meredith Walters
1515 Clay quotes by A Meredith Walters
How do you feel about vaporizing or slow,
agonizing radiation sickness?"
"I usually don't think in those terms. ~ Cynthia Joyce Clay
1515 Clay quotes by Cynthia Joyce Clay
In this sport, in this life, I think heart takes you a lot further than skill and technique ... Just digging down deep will take you a lot further in life. ~ Clay Guida
1515 Clay quotes by Clay Guida
A very good drink they call Chaube that is almost as black as ink and very good in illness, especially of the stomach. This they drink in the morning early in the open places before everybody, without any fear or regard, out of clay or China cups, as hot as they can, sipping it a little at a time. ~ Leonhard Rauwolf
1515 Clay quotes by Leonhard Rauwolf
Indeed, very few people are aware that in each of our fingers, located somewhere between the first phalange, the mesophalange, and the metaphalange, there is a tiny brain. The fact is that the other organ which we call the brain, the one with which we came into the world, the one which we transport around in our head and which transports us so that we can transport it, has only ever had very general, vague, diffuse and, above all, unimaginative ideas about what the hands and fingers should do. For example, if the brain-in-our-head suddenly gets an idea for a painting, a sculpture, a piece of music or literature, or a clay figurine, it simply sends a signal to that effect and then waits to see what will happen ~ Jose Saramago
1515 Clay quotes by Jose Saramago
We are all potentially such sick men. The sanest and best of us are of one clay with lunatics and prison-inmates. And whenever we feel this, such a sense of the vanity of our voluntary career comes over us, that all our morality appears as a plaster hiding a sore it can never cure, and all our well-doing as the hollowest substitute for that well-being that our lives ought to be grounded in, but alas! are not so. ~ William James
1515 Clay quotes by William James
Get Your Ex Back: The 4 Things Your Ex Needs You to Do Before You Get Back Together ~ Clay Andrews
1515 Clay quotes by Clay Andrews
How can I keep silent? How can I stay quiet?
My friend, whom I loved, has turned to clay,
my friend Enkidu, whom I loved has turned to clay.
Shall I not be like him, and also lie down,
never to rise again, through all eternity? ~ Anonymous
1515 Clay quotes by Anonymous
Our exertions generally find no enduring physical correlatives. We are diluted in gigantic intangible collective projects, which leave us wondering what we did last year and, more profoundly, where we have gone and quite what we have amounted to ...
How different everything is for the craftsman who ... can step back at the end of a day or lifetime and point to an object
whether a square of canvas, a chair or a clay jug
and see it as a stable repository of his skills and an accurate record of his years, and hence feel collected together in one place, rather than strung out across projects which long ago evaporated into nothing one could hold or see. ~ Alain De Botton
1515 Clay quotes by Alain De Botton
Just as clay needs to go through intense heat to become strong, Love can only be perfected in pain. ~ Elif Shafak
1515 Clay quotes by Elif Shafak
I don't just want to go out there and do my job - I want to excel at it. I hold myself to a high standard. I expect to make plays that alter the game, and if I don't, I hold myself accountable. ~ Clay Matthews III
1515 Clay quotes by Clay Matthews III
I'm a sportsman. You know, I go out clay shooting and put three shells in. ~ Joe Manchin
1515 Clay quotes by Joe Manchin
Don't call her Tally in front of Clay", Dorian said, thinking of the small human female who loved Clay so desperately. "He's a little territorial."
Lucas's eyes flicked to Ashaya. "So are you."
Dorian wanted to bare his teeth, warn Lucas off against interfering. "Yeah, I am. ~ Nalini Singh
1515 Clay quotes by Nalini Singh
Don't." I heard a tremor in her voice. "Don't do that. You did everything right."

"I don't think I did."

"Yes, you did. You're a good man."

I hated those words. I hated hearing them. Being a good man had won me nothing. Lucian's words echoed somewhere between my brain and the phone line.

I ask you, what is good, really, Clay?

And I knew the answer: not good enough. ~ Tosca Lee
1515 Clay quotes by Tosca Lee
In April, he perched on a witch hazel branch, shivering, one eye closed, waiting for the sun to warm his wings. The night had been particularly cold, the winter long, the fishing scarce.
He'd been alone all the time.
When the sun appeared, the warmth felt good on his wings. he lifted from his perch, wheeled, then cackled over the river, studying the surface for the slightest flash: a trout, a small shad, a frog. He lit on a willow snag downriver and sunned himself, raised his tail, shat, and called again. The days were growing longer now, the alewives ascending the streams. The year before, he'd built his nest near the estuary in a seam of clay, and soon - if she returned - the time would come for a new nest along the bank.
The kingfisher fished all morning. He returned to the willow snag at noon; slept, then woke shortly after, startled by the call. Was it she? They hadn't seen each other since the summer before.
He dropped from the branch, called, winged downriver, his image doubled in the water. He heard the call again, closer now. If she returned, he'd dive into the river, greet her with a fish, fly around her, feed her beak to beak. If she returned, he'd begin to exxcavate a new nest, claw clay out of the earth, arrange the perfect pile of fish bones to lay their eggs upon.
He pumped his wings harder now. He heard the cackle closer, louder more insistent. he recognized her voice. She was hurling her way upriver.
Any moment now: she'd fly int ~ Brad Kessler
1515 Clay quotes by Brad Kessler
Exceptions are dangerous, Mr. Clay. Give them a foothold and they turn into habits. ~ Lawana Blackwell
1515 Clay quotes by Lawana Blackwell
Houses were knocked down ... enormous heaps of earth and clay thrown up; buildings that were undermined and shaking, propped up by great beams of wood ... The yet unfinished and unopened Railway was in progress. ~ Charles Dickens
1515 Clay quotes by Charles Dickens
Behavior is motivation filtered through opportunity. ~ Clay Shirky
I feel more as if I'm shaping something with my hands. I feel as if I've always wanted to get to that state. Like a blind man in a dark room had some clay, what would he make? I end up with 2 or 3 forms on a canvas, but it gets very physical for me. ~ Philip Guston
1515 Clay quotes by Philip Guston
Is the Tube human? Semihuman? Well, uh, how human's that, so forth. Are TV sets brought alive by broadcast signals, like the clay bodies of men and women animated by the spirit of God's love? ~ Thomas Pynchon
1515 Clay quotes by Thomas Pynchon
The whole, 'Is the Internet a good thing or a bad thing'? We're done with that. It's just a thing. How to maximise its civic value, its public good - that's the really big challenge. ~ Clay Shirky
The arts of power and its minions are the same in all countries and in all ages. It marks its victim; denounces it; and excites the public odium and the public hatred, to conceal its own abuses and encroachments. ~ Henry Clay
1515 Clay quotes by Henry Clay
Listen again. One Evening at the Close
Of Ramazán, ere the better Moon arose,
In that old Potter's Shop I stood alone
With the clay Population round in Rows.

And, strange to tell, among that Earthern Lot
Some could articulate, while others not:
And suddenly one more impatient cried -
"Who is the Potter, pray, and who the Pot? ~ Omar Khayyam
1515 Clay quotes by Omar Khayyam
It is no wonder that the writers of the nineteenth century look upon society as an artificial creation of the legislator's genius. This idea
the fruit of classical education
has taken possession of all the intellectuals and famous writers of our country. To these intellectuals and writers, the relationship between persons and the legislator appears to be the same as the relationship between the clay and the potter. ~ Frederic Bastiat
1515 Clay quotes by Frederic Bastiat
More than forty years had passed over the grey head of this determined woman, since the time she recalled. More than forty years of strife and struggle with the whisper that, by whatever name she called her vindictive pride and rage, nothing through all eternity could change their nature. Yet, gone those more than forty years, and come this Nemesis now looking her in the face, she still abided by her old impiety - still reversed the order of Creation, and breathed her own breath into a clay image of her Creator. Verily, verily, travellers have seen many monstrous idols in many countries; but no human eyes have ever seen more daring, gross, and shocking images of the Divine nature than we creatures of the dust make in our own likenesses, of our own bad passions. ~ Charles Dickens
1515 Clay quotes by Charles Dickens
I waited patiently for the Lord and He inclined unto me and He heard my cry. He lifted me out of the horrible pit, out of the miry clay,and He has set my feet upon a ROCK and He established my steps, and He has given me a a new song even praise unto our God; many shall see it and fear and shall trust in the Lord ... the first 3 lines of an ancient Hebrew song Psalm 40:1-3 ~ King David
1515 Clay quotes by King David
As soon as Nicholas was born, my mother swore she'd rather see her daughters become Jehovah's Witnesses or pole dancers before she saw her first grandchild in daycare when my sister went back to work. I don't think it was originally the idea of daycare that didn't sit well with her but the fact that there, in a bassinet, was a fresh slate, a lump of clay that could be worked on and molded into the perfect child who had eluded her the first time around with her own daughters. ~ Laurie Notaro
1515 Clay quotes by Laurie Notaro
Ordinary people have extraordinary love. ~ Clay Walker
1515 Clay quotes by Clay Walker
I still think too much about the mothers And ask what is man born of woman. He curls himself up and protects his head While he is kicked by heavy boots; on fire and running, He burns with bright flame; a bulldozer sweeps him into a clay pit. Her child. Embracing a teddy bear. Conceived in ecstasy. ~ Czeslaw Milosz
1515 Clay quotes by Czeslaw Milosz
I want away to the house of death, to my father under the low, clay roof. ~ Seamus Heaney
1515 Clay quotes by Seamus Heaney
Ford comes first before everything else I do in my life. ~ William Clay Ford, Jr.
1515 Clay quotes by William Clay Ford, Jr.
There is no human love like a mother's love. There is no human tenderness like a mother's tenderness ... In all ages everywhere, the true children of a true mother 'rise up and call her blessed'; for they realize, sooner or later, that God gives no richer blessing to man than is found in a mother's love. ~ Henry Clay Trumbull
1515 Clay quotes by Henry Clay Trumbull
I understand what binds the sculptor to his clay, the painter to his colors, each workman to the matter he handles, and the docility and acquiescence of the matter to the movements of the one who animates it; I know the love that passes from the fingers into the folds, the holes, the swellings. Shall I abandon him? Lucien would prevent me from living. Unless his quiet tenderness, his blushing modesty, became beneath my sun of love a tiger or a lion. If he loves me, will he follow me?

What will become of him without me? ~ Jean Genet
1515 Clay quotes by Jean Genet
It's kind of fun to hear that other people deal with the same kinds of issues that you do. ~ Bryan Clay
1515 Clay quotes by Bryan Clay
Nelson, do you remember the spring day when we climbed the barn gable so we could see the seagulls that mysteriously blew into our clay hills
swept from an ocean neither of us had ever seen though it was scarcely a hundred miles away, each bird a genuine miracle high above the green barley? The time we saw that panther in the sycamore tree and Maw said it was the sign of war? Nelson, I am sixty-three years old, the same age that both Maw and Daddy were when they died. I have written this in testimony. With this book, I presume to be done now with such remembrance. But somehow I suspect it will go on, this peering down old wells, this excavation of memory and its shades. ~ Joe Bageant
1515 Clay quotes by Joe Bageant
Algorithms don't do a good job of detecting their own flaws. ~ Clay Shirky
Lyft is enabling an exciting new model of freedom and personal mobility, as evidenced by its millions of satisfied users. ~ William Clay Ford, Jr.
1515 Clay quotes by William Clay Ford, Jr.
Carpooling is important for urban density, air pollution and other reasons, but carpooling is not the kind of thing that actually changes the energy equation. ~ Clay Shirky
Barrantes Family Quotes «
» Filippone Superintendent Quotes