1491 Summary Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1491 Summary.

Quotes About 1491 Summary

Enjoy collection of 46 1491 Summary quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1491 Summary. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1491 Summary quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

We're all here. We're close to the truck, and we met Kenton, a fine citizen of Salem. We rescued Izzy and found our way through a very sad darkness, dangers that we knew from Izzy's Orion interpretation would be waiting for us. We're definitely on the right track. ~ Jonathan Friesen
1491 Summary quotes by Jonathan Friesen
Let my assure you, Brethren, that some day you will have a personal Priesthood interview with the Savior, Himself. If you are interested, I will tell you the order in which He will ask you to account for your earthly responsibilities.

First, He will request an accountability report about your relationship with your wife. Have you actively been engaged in making her happy and ensuring that her needs have been met as an individual?

Second, He will want an accountability report about each of your children individually. He will not attempt to have this for simply a family stewardship but will request information about your relationship to each and every child.

Third, He will want to know what you personally have done with the talents you were given in the pre-existence.

Fourth, He will want a summary of your activity in your church assignments. He will not be necessarily interested in what assignments you have had, for in his eyes the home teacher and a mission president are probably equals, but He will request a summary of how you have been of service to your fellowmen in your Church assignments.

Fifth, He will have no interest in how you earned your living, but if you were honest in all your dealings.

Sixth, He will ask for an accountability on what you have done to contribute in a positive manner to your community, state, country, and the world. ~ David O. McKay
1491 Summary quotes by David O. McKay
I distrust summaries, any kind of gliding through time, any too great a claim that one is in control of what one recounts; I think someone who claims to understand but who is obviously calm, someone who claims to write with emotion recollected in tranquility, is a fool and a liar. To understand is to tremble. To recollect is to reenter and be riven. An acrobat after spinning through the air in a mockery of flight stands erect on his perch and mockingly takes his bow as if what he is being applauded for was easy for him and cost him nothing, although meanwhile he is covered with sweat and his smile is edged with a relief chilling to think about; he is indulging in a show-business style; he is pretending to be superhuman. I am bored with that and with here it has brought us. I admire the authority of being on one's knees in front of the event.
- Innocence, from My Mistress's Sparrow is Dead ~ Harold Brodkey
1491 Summary quotes by Harold Brodkey
Is Paper io 2 Hack Working?

So I'll make this go and try. Okay, he took me out. Yes. It works! I'm not the best in another advertisement. Oh, I dislike these laughs it as I stated, it's the only drawback to this game.
Paper io 2 Hack Summary
In the end, You can ask us, does the paper io 2 hack works properly? Yes. Definitely. But the game is worth to try play without any cheats. Trust Us! It's a funny and enjoyable game.

---------------------------------------------
GET PAPERIO 2 HACK >>
Visit → resourcesgenerator.best / paperio

Visit → resourcesgenerator.best / paperio
--------------------------------------------- ~ Paper Io 2 Hack
1491 Summary quotes by Paper Io 2 Hack
All science requires mathematics.
[Editors' summary of Bacon's idea, not Bacon's wording.] ~ Roger Bacon
1491 Summary quotes by Roger Bacon
informative to investors than GAAP earnings, even in settings that previously generated inconclusive results. Although investors exhibit a preference for non-GAAP earnings as a summary measure of firm performance, ~ Anonymous
1491 Summary quotes by Anonymous
For I fear not to declare, that what I have here given may be regarded as a summary of the very doctrine which, they vociferate, ought to be punished with confiscation, exile, imprisonment, and flames, as well as exterminated by land and sea. ~ John Calvin
1491 Summary quotes by John Calvin
Destiny, Talent, Calling, purpose. each of us came with our Talents, Purpose and Calling. What you do with them is the summary of your life here on earth. ~ Jaachynma N.E. Agu
1491 Summary quotes by Jaachynma N.E. Agu
* I have always wanted to publish a novel with the last thirty pages simply left out. The reader would be mailed these final pages by the publisher upon receipt of a satisfactory summary of everything that had happened in the story up to that point. That would certainly put a spoke in the wheels of those people who TURN TO THE END TO SEE HOW IT CAME OUT. ~ Stephen King
1491 Summary quotes by Stephen King
When the business man who fights to secure special privileges, to crowd his competitor off the track by other than fair competitive methods, receives the same summary disdainful ostracism by his fellows that the doctor or lawyer who is 'unprofessional,' the athlete who abuses the rules, receives, we shall have gone a long way toward making commerce a fit pursuit for our young men. ~ Ida Tarbell
1491 Summary quotes by Ida Tarbell
Normally I work out a general summary of what I mean to do, then start writing, and the details can be different from my anticipation. So there is considerable flow, but always within channels. ~ Piers Anthony
1491 Summary quotes by Piers Anthony
Don't fear failure so much that you refuse to try new things. The saddest summary of a life contains three descriptions: could have, might have, and should have. ~ Louis E. Boone
1491 Summary quotes by Louis E. Boone
Perception and worldview are one's summary of life. ~ Asa Don Brown
1491 Summary quotes by Asa Don Brown
The DID patient should be seen as a whole adult person with the identities sharing responsibility for daily life. Despite patients' subjective experience of separateness, clinicians must keep in mind that the patient is a single person and generally must hold the whole person (i.e., system of alternate identities) responsible for the behavior of any or all of the constituent identities, even in the presence of amnesia or the sense of lack of control or agency over behavior.
From p8
International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation. (2011). Guidelines for treating dissociative identity disorder in adults, third revision: Summary version. Journal of Trauma & Dissociation, 12, 188–212. ~ James A. Chu
1491 Summary quotes by James A. Chu
In summary, Schmucker argued that theology was contextual in nature, and that theological systems and expressions - indeed the church itself - had to be changed to accommodate their cultural and philosophical setting. ~ Albert B. Collver
1491 Summary quotes by Albert B. Collver
I have used the theologians and their treatment of apocalypse as a model of what we might expect to find not only in more literary treatments of the same radical fiction, but in the literary treatment of radical fictions in general. The assumptions I have made in doing so I shall try to examine next time. Meanwhile it may be useful to have some kind of summary account of what I've been saying. The main object: is the critical business of making sense of some of the radical ways of making sense of the world. Apocalypse and the related themes are strikingly long-lived; and that is the first thing to say tbout them, although the second is that they change. The Johannine acquires the characteristics of the Sibylline Apocalypse, and develops other subsidiary fictions which, in the course of time, change the laws we prescribe to nature, and specifically to time. Men of all kinds act, as well as reflect, as if this apparently random collocation of opinion and predictions were true. When it appears that it cannot be so, they act as if it were true in a different sense. Had it been otherwise, Virgil could not have been altissimo poeta in a Christian tradition; the Knight Faithful and True could not have appeared in the opening stanzas of "The Faerie Queene". And what is far more puzzling, the City of Apocalypse could not have appeared as a modern Babylon, together with the 'shipmen and merchants who were made rich by her' and by the 'inexplicable splendour' of her 'fine linen, and pur ~ Frank Kermode
1491 Summary quotes by Frank Kermode
I think that's a fair and judicious summary of events. ~ Neil Gaiman
1491 Summary quotes by Neil Gaiman
Assumptions can blind you; hypotheses can guide you. Good negotiators expect surprises; great negotiators reveal the surprises. Negotiation should be seen as a process of discovery. If you think you're too smart to discover anything new, then you will be a terrible negotiator. Until you know who or what you are dealing with, you are actually in the dark and should proceed with caution. Listening well does not come easily to most. By truly listening, you will disarm your opponent, giving them a sense of calm and a feeling of safety. Talking about wants gives us an illusion of control; needs are required to survive and make us feel vulnerable. The biggest mistake a negotiator can make is to rush things. By slowing down the process, you are able to calm down the situation. A soothing but confident voice helps in confrontational situations. Mirroring relies on the fact that we fear what's different and are drawn to what's similar. ~ Book Summary
1491 Summary quotes by Book Summary
My summary of all our experiences was that it showed that heaven and hell are one place, and we all go there. To those who are prepared, it is heaven; to those who are not fit and ready, it is hell. ~ Lincoln Steffens
1491 Summary quotes by Lincoln Steffens
The priest rose to take up the crucifix; at that, she strained her neck forward like someone who is thirsty, and, pressing her lips to the body of the Man-God, she laid upon it with all her expiring strength the most passionate kiss of love she had ever given. Then he recited the Miserateur and the Indulgentiam, dipped his right thumb in the oil, and began he unctions: first on the eyes, which had so coveted all earthly splendors; then on the nostrils, greedy for mild breezes and the smells of love; then on the mouth, which had opened to utter lies, which had moaned with pride and cried out in lust; then on the hands, which had delighted in the touch of smooth material; and lastly on the soles of the feet, once so quick when she hastened to satiate her desires and which now would never walk again. ~ Vladimir Nabokov
1491 Summary quotes by Vladimir Nabokov
The small-minded has no time to read summary. ~ Toba Beta
1491 Summary quotes by Toba Beta
Egotism is the source and summary of all faults and miseries. ~ Thomas Carlyle
1491 Summary quotes by Thomas Carlyle
Only men of the utmost simplicity can believe that the nature man knows can be changed into a purely logical nature. Yet were there steps affording approach to this goal, how utterly everything would be lost on the way! Even the most rational man needs nature again, from time to time, that is, his illogical fundamental relation (Grundstellung) to all things.
No practical knowledge of a man, for example, stood he never so near to us, can be complete - so that we could have a logical right to form a total estimate of him; all estimates are summary and must be so. Then the standard by which we measure, (our being) is not an immutable quantity; we have moods and variations, and yet we should know ourselves as an invariable standard before we undertake to establish the nature of the relation of any thing (Sache) to ourselves. Perhaps it will follow from all this that one should form no judgments whatever; if one could but merely live without having to form estimates, without aversion and without partiality! - for everything most abhorred is closely connected with an estimate, as well as every strongest partiality. An inclination towards a thing, or from a thing, without an accompanying feeling that the beneficial is desired and the pernicious contemned, an inclination without a sort of experiential estimation of the desirability of an end, does not exist in man. We are primordially illogical and hence unjust beings and can recognise this fact: this is one of the greatest and ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
1491 Summary quotes by Friedrich Nietzsche
If the researcher does reply to your message, be sure to send a thank-you message immediately. If you have a good summary of your research, or of a piece of it, then you might attach it to the follow-up message. ~ Gordon Rugg
1491 Summary quotes by Gordon Rugg
The rebel Watchers stood before the council, still naked and awash in human blood and their own excrement, their shame dripping from their members. The satan took his position as their defense attorney, across from the enigmatic Son of Man. Normally, Mastema in his role as the satan, was a prosecuting attorney. But in this case, he had become the collective bargainer for this despicable union of corrupt hoodlums. There would be no testimony or cross-examination. Today was a summary judgment from on high. ~ Brian Godawa
1491 Summary quotes by Brian Godawa
Yes," I told her. "I'm angry, so what?"
... I went on, giving her an executive summary of my crappy life.
"So of course I feel angry," I said angrily. "What do you expect? It was a stupid thing to ask."
"Yes," she agreed. "It was a stupid thing to ask. I see that you're angry. I don't need to ask such a stupid thing to understand that."
"So why did you ask?"
Slowly she turned herself around, pivoting on her knees, until finally she was facing me, "I asked for you," she said.
"For me?"
So you could hear the answer. ~ Ruth Ozeki
1491 Summary quotes by Ruth Ozeki
The problem with love, as I see it, is this: in order to be happy you need to have security, whereas to be in love you need insecurity. Happiness requires confidence whereas love requires doubt and anxiety. Thus, in summary: marriage was conceived to ensure mutual happiness but not enduring love. And to fall in love is not the best way to find happiness; if it were, we'd all know by now, wouldn't we. I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear, but it makes perfect sense to me: marriage mixes together things that weren't meant to go together. ~ Frederic Beigbeder
1491 Summary quotes by Frederic Beigbeder
But consider whether you may not get more help from the customary method[1] than from that which is now commonly called a "breviary," though in the good old days, when real Latin was spoken, it was called a "summary."[2] ~ Seneca.
1491 Summary quotes by Seneca.
Mothers and fathers act in mostly similar ways toward their young children. Psychologists are still highlighting small differencesrather than the overwhelming similarities in parents' behaviors. I think this is a hangover from the 1950s re-emergence of father as a parent. He has to be special. The best summary of the evidence on mothers and fathers with their babies is that young children of both sexes, in most circumstances, like both parents equally well. Fathers, like mothers, are good parents first and gender representatives second. ~ Sandra Scarr
1491 Summary quotes by Sandra Scarr
It is a fair summary of history to say that the safeguards of liberty have been forged in controversies involving not very nice people. ~ Felix Frankfurter
1491 Summary quotes by Felix Frankfurter
Beware: I'm unafraid to host a big spoiler party--a novel that can be truly "spoiled" by the summary of its plot is a novel that was already spoiled by that plot. ~ James Wood
1491 Summary quotes by James Wood
The firebird drops a feather, was his summary, and if you're fool enough to pick it up and chase the bird itself, you're in for trouble. ~ Susanna Kearsley
1491 Summary quotes by Susanna Kearsley
All this happiness on display is suspect ... If they think - and they could be right - that continued torture and summary executions, ethnic cleansing and occasional genocide are preferable to an invasion, they should be sombre in their view. ~ Ian McEwan
1491 Summary quotes by Ian McEwan
Photographing attractive people who were doing attractive things in attractive places. (Summary of his photographic career) ~ Slim Aarons
1491 Summary quotes by Slim Aarons
On resigning as collaborator on the memoirs of the former Wallis Warfield Simpson, new summaries, 6 October 1955. You can't make the Duchess of Windsor into Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. ~ Cleveland Amory
1491 Summary quotes by Cleveland Amory
In the years since then, those four freedoms - freedom of speech, freedom of worship, freedom from want, and freedom from fear - have stood as a summary of our aspirations for the American Republic and for the world. ~ Lyndon B. Johnson
1491 Summary quotes by Lyndon B. Johnson
being a summary and exact account ~ Thomas Prince
1491 Summary quotes by Thomas Prince
Blood City III: The Massacre. I'd read the summary of it online, and frankly, it sounded like the directors had just decided to film my life. ~ James Patterson
1491 Summary quotes by James Patterson
These motions were such as to satisfy me, after frequently repeated observation, that they arose neither from currents in the fluid, nor from its gradual evaporation, but belonged to the particle itself.
[Summary of Brownian motion.] ~ Robert Brown
1491 Summary quotes by Robert Brown
The South creates the civilizations, the North conquers them, ruins them, borrows from them, spreads them: this is one summary of history. ~ Will Durant
1491 Summary quotes by Will Durant
What an artist does, is fail. Any reading of the literature ... (I mean the literature of artistic creation), however summary, will persuade you instantly that the paradigmatic artistic experience is that of failure. The actualization fails to meet, equal, the intuition. There is something "out there" which cannot be brought "here". This is standard. I don't mean bad artists, I mean good artists. There is no such thing as a "successful artist" (except, of course, in worldly terms). ~ Donald Barthelme
1491 Summary quotes by Donald Barthelme
Make a conscious choice. Decide to move your index finger. Too late! The electricity's already halfway down your arm. Your body began to act a full half-second before your conscious self 'chose' to, for the self chose nothing; something else set your body in motion, sent an executive summary - almost an afterthought - to the homunculus behind your eyes. That little man, that arrogant subroutine that thinks of itself as the person, mistakes correlation for causality: it reads the summary and it sees the hand move, and it thinks that one drove the other. But it's not in charge. You're not in charge. If free will even exists, it doesn't share living space with the likes of you. ~ Peter Watts
1491 Summary quotes by Peter Watts
In summary, the research literature suggests that two forms of outpatient psychotherapy may be effective for anorexia: family therapy based on the Maudsley approach and EOIT as developed by Robin and colleagues. Up to this point, family treatment has received greater attention and has more evidence to support it. However, the tradition of psychodynamic psychotherapy lends additional credibility to EOIT. ~ James E. Lock
1491 Summary quotes by James E. Lock
What can we conclude from all of these insights in terms of the role of symmetry in the cosmic tapestry? My humble personal summary is that we don't know yet whether symmetry will turn out to be the most fundamental concept in the workings of the universe. Some of the symmetries physicists have discovered or discussed over the years have later been recognized as being accidental or only approximate. Other symmetries, such as general covariance in general relativity and the gauge symmetries of the standard model, became the buds from which forces and new particles bloomed. All in all, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that symmetry principles almost always tells us something important, and they may provide the most valuable clues and insights toward unveiling and deciphering the underlying principles of the universe, whatever those may be. Symmetry, in this sense, is indeed fruitful. ~ Mario Livio
1491 Summary quotes by Mario Livio
In the summer, we write life's summary with the slow waves of love flowing over the sandy beach. The slow breeze and the warm sun write our memories. ~ Debasish Mridha
1491 Summary quotes by Debasish Mridha
If it has a staple in it it doesn't get read. Never walk into a presentation without a one-page summary. ~ Bill Jensen
1491 Summary quotes by Bill Jensen
Stronghold Pig Quotes «
» Resident Evil 5 Chris Quotes