140 Character Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 140 Character.

Quotes About 140 Character

Enjoy collection of 59 140 Character quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 140 Character. Righ click to see and save pictures of 140 Character quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

An abundance of Twitter users believe they can troll and rant with impunity, no matter how debasing or even threatening their 140-character posts pose. ~ Jonathan Capehart
140 Character quotes by Jonathan Capehart
I'd be damned if I listened to the same money-grubbing whores who'd sell their ideals and principles for their fifteen minutes of fame; the ignorant buffoons that live in a one-dimensional 140-character world. Tweet tweet, roar roar, caw caw, more like baa baa. ~ Bruce Crown
140 Character quotes by Bruce Crown
Thought for the day: Twitter ... 140 character limit ... must be a great tool for fortune cookie writers ... ~ E.A. Bucchianeri
140 Character quotes by E.A. Bucchianeri
The cure to eliminate fake news is that people stop reading 140-character tweets and start reading 600-page books. ~ Piero Scaruffi
140 Character quotes by Piero Scaruffi
Kyle worked in technology; he knew it would only be a matter of time before the video of Daniela and the A-list actor went viral and spread everywhere. So he did what any pissed-off, red-blooded computer geek would do after catching his girlfriend giving an underwater blowjob to another man: he hacked into Twitter and deleted both the video and her earlier tweet from the site. Then, raging at the world that had devolved so much in civility that 140-character breakups had become acceptable, he shut down the entire network in a denial-of-service attack that lasted two days.

And so began the Great Twitter Outage of 2011.

The Earth nearly stopped on its axis.

Panic and mayhem ensued as Twitter unsuccessfully attempted to counteract what it deemed the most sophisticated hijacking they'd ever experienced. Meanwhile, the FBI waited for either a ransom demand or political statement from the so-called "Twitter Terrorist." But neither was forthcoming, as the Twitter Terrorist had no political agenda, already was worth millions, and had most inconveniently taken off to Tijuana, Mexico to get shit-faced drunk on cheap tequila being served by an eight-fingered bartender named Esteban. ~ Julie James
140 Character quotes by Julie James
Speaking of Twitter, I don't even know if I composed a blog entry in 2009, as I was too busy parceling my every thought into cute 140-character sound bites. I used to only worry about being pithy for a living; now some of my best lines are wasted on a free app! ~ Diablo Cody
140 Character quotes by Diablo Cody
There is a movement happening, a quiet one.
A low-profile, low-resolution revolution.
Comprised of writers and dreamers, of guerrilla artists and thought-ninjas.
Those with something to say.
They communicate through text inscribed on true public spaces, rather than blogs and forums.
Choosing fewer words, even without being bound by 140 character limits.
Using ink instead of pixels.
Sending messages in living, breathing space.
Pens scream louder into the void.
Even if permanent ink is not aptly named. ~ Erin Morgenstern
140 Character quotes by Erin Morgenstern
So if u shorten words to get what u want in within 140 characters it makes u a twit? ~ Rio Ferdinand
140 Character quotes by Rio Ferdinand
If I were to run for president, then people would debate the pros and cons of what's wrong with me in increasingly aggressive 140 character tweets and Facebook status updates, and, inevitably, everyone would end up fighting. ~ Jen Lancaster
140 Character quotes by Jen Lancaster
Most of my novels were developped from dreams I had. A dreamer I AM! Literally , at 1 AM. A dream with 140 characters is to dream an impossible dream. Too many characters to develoo from it. But in twitter that worked just fine for me, ~ Ana Claudia Antunes
140 Character quotes by Ana Claudia Antunes
Is that how you're supposed to find your soulmate and fall in love these days? By flirting in 140 character tweets and stalking each other's social media pages? ~ Alexandra Potter
140 Character quotes by Alexandra Potter
We wanted flying cars, instead we got 140 characters. ~ Peter Thiel
140 Character quotes by Peter Thiel
Twitter is my happy place. I am not there to overthink 140 characters. ~ Roxane Gay
140 Character quotes by Roxane Gay
For me, Twitter is a public persona. It's UbuWeb or Kenneth Goldsmith (as opposed to Kenny Goldsmith). I don't interact. It's a lousy form for conversation and opinion (what can you really say in 140 characters?), but a wonderful propaganda and sloganeering tool. I use it as a one-way street. ~ Kenneth Goldsmith
140 Character quotes by Kenneth Goldsmith
Kyle had to give her credit; it took skill - plus no
heart and a serious abuse of the English language
to break up with someone in fewer than 140
characters. ~ Julie James
140 Character quotes by Julie James
Facebook and Twitter and these other social sites bring every, I mean, 140 characters. I mean, I'm on Twitter and I have fun. But I don't think anybody learns anything about me as a person. ~ Sherman Alexie
140 Character quotes by Sherman Alexie
The public square is more public than ever, but minds are rarely changed in 140 character bursts and by selfies. ~ Seth Godin
140 Character quotes by Seth Godin
I tweet, therefore my entire life has shrunk to 140 character chunks of instant event and predigested gnomic wisdom. And swearing. ~ Neil Gaiman
140 Character quotes by Neil Gaiman
We live in a world where we can connect with anyone via our phones and 140-character messages. ~ Preeti Shenoy
140 Character quotes by Preeti Shenoy
It only takes 140 characters to toss one's character out the window. ~ LZ Granderson
140 Character quotes by LZ Granderson
I feel like Twitter was tailor-made for me, because I can do short spurts all day long. I loved my blog, but doing daily, then thrice weekly entries was really time consuming. 140 characters is perfect. ~ Sarah Dessen
140 Character quotes by Sarah Dessen
This is what you do now to give your day topography
scan the boxes, read the news, see the chain of your friends reporting about themselves, take the 140-character expository bursts and sift through for the information you need. It's a highly deceptive world, one that constantly asks you to comment but doesn't really care what you have to say. The illusion of participation can sometimes lead to participation. But more often than not, it only leads to more illusion, dressed in the guise of reality. ~ David Levithan
140 Character quotes by David Levithan
Whats great about Freddy in this is when he gets to comment and manipulate the back stories and the fears of the characters - especially with Jason. ~ Robert Englund
140 Character quotes by Robert Englund
When I started off with Trainspotting, it was the way the characters came to me. That's how they sounded to me. It seemed pretentious to sound any other way. I wasn't making any kind of political statement. ~ Irvine Welsh
140 Character quotes by Irvine Welsh
I don't really have a process. I'm very much an in-the-moment actress. I suppose I just kind of wing it because I feel that as long as I know my character, I should be able to be spontaneous on set. ~ Sophie Turner
140 Character quotes by Sophie Turner
When you're trying to do character work that's different from what people expect from you, you're sort of in territory that is uncharted, and you don't know how it's playing all the time. ~ Mark Ruffalo
140 Character quotes by Mark Ruffalo
Wild Bill was a strange character. In person he was about six feet and one inch in height. He was a Plains-man in every sense of the word. ~ Buffalo Bill
140 Character quotes by Buffalo Bill
Business is religion, and religion is business. The man who does not make a business of his religion has a religious life of no force, and the man who does not make a religion of his business has a business life of no character. ~ Maltbie Davenport Babcock
140 Character quotes by Maltbie Davenport Babcock
With so many willing, complex women in the world, he had little respect for men who fixated on girlishness. Innocence was, by definition, an absence of experience - character - knowledge. To desire that absence seemed rather deviant. ~ Meredith Duran
140 Character quotes by Meredith Duran
The English will never develop into a nation of philosophers. They will always prefer instinct to logic and character to intelligence. But they must get rid of their downright contempt for 'cleverness'. They cannot afford it any longer. They must grow less tolerant of ugliness, and mentally more adventurous. And they must stop despising foreigners. They are Europeans and ought to be aware of it. ~ George Orwell
140 Character quotes by George Orwell
It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice ~ Fela Durotoye
140 Character quotes by Fela Durotoye
We have not advanced very far in our spiritual lives if we have not encountered the basic paradox of freedom, to the effect that we are most free when we are bound. But not just any way of being bound will suffice; what matters is the character of our binding. The one who would like to be an athlete, but who is unwilling to discipline his body by regular exercise and by abstinence, is not free to excel on the field or the track. His failure to train rigorously and to live abstemiously denies him the freedom to go over the bar at the desired height, or to run with the desired speed and endurance. With one concerted voice the giants of the devotional life apply the same principle to the whole of life with the dictum: Discipline is the price of freedom. ~ Elton Trueblood
140 Character quotes by Elton Trueblood
Perhaps the image you have of the devil is a cartoon of a man in a red suit with horns a pointy tale and a pitch fork, Satan would love for you to think of him as a harmless cartoon character, but don't be fooled ... Satan is anything but harmless. ~ David Jeremiah
140 Character quotes by David Jeremiah
It would seem probable that the attachment of such a one is of a tender and profound character; indeed, it is possible that in this class of men we have the love sentiment in one of its most perfect forms - a form in which from the necessities of the situation the sensuous element, though present, is exquisitely subordinated to the spiritual. ~ Edward Carpenter
140 Character quotes by Edward Carpenter
I've had about 140 albums released, and I've done everything I wanted to do. ~ Hank Snow
140 Character quotes by Hank Snow
Ay Rios, you want to fight at 140? We can fight at 140. You're chubby, I just seen you in Vegas, you were chubby, your ears were chubby. ~ Adrien Broner
140 Character quotes by Adrien Broner
There are essential and inessential insanities. The later are solar in character, the former are linked to the moon. ~ Tom Robbins
140 Character quotes by Tom Robbins
Without reflecting that this is the only moment in which you can study character," said the count; "on the steps of the scaffold death tears off the mask that has been worn through life, and the real visage is disclosed. ~ Alexandre Dumas
140 Character quotes by Alexandre Dumas
All I could think about was fucking. Fucking swell. I hated my needs. For the first time, they seemed more of a burden than an indelible character trait. ~ C.D. Reiss
140 Character quotes by C.D. Reiss
Maybe I'll just become a cartoon character because there's nothing left for me to do in an R-rated comedy. ~ Seann William Scott
140 Character quotes by Seann William Scott
Mothers are the first professors in the school of character. ~ Hugh B. Brown
140 Character quotes by Hugh B. Brown
The more we study the Indian's character the more we appreciate the marked distinction between the civilized being and the real savage. ~ Nelson A. Miles
140 Character quotes by Nelson A. Miles
All sciences have their mysteries and at certain points the apparently most obvious theory will be found in contradiction with experience. Politics, for example, offers several proofs of this truth. In theory, is anything more absurd than hereditary monarchy? We judge it by experience, but if government had never been heard of and we had to choose one, whoever would deliberate between hereditary and elective monarchy would be taken for a fool. Yet we know by experience that the first is, all things considered, the best that can be imagined, while the second is the worst. What arguments could not be amassed to establish that sovereignty comes from the people? However they all amount to nothing. Sovereignty is always taken, never given, and a second more profound theory subsequently discovers why this must be so. Who would not say the best political constitution is that which has been debated and drafted by statesmen perfectly acquainted with the national character, and who have foreseen every circumstance? Nevertheless nothing is more false. The best constituted people is the one that has the fewest written constitutional laws, and every written constitution is WORTHLESS. ~ Joseph De Maistre
140 Character quotes by Joseph De Maistre
My mother once said, 'If you come across a man with more than one personality, you can be sure he's looking for himself in one of them, because he has no character.' But I think she was wrong ~ Saud Alsanousi
140 Character quotes by Saud Alsanousi
Characters with no integrity are just as interesting as characters with lots of integrity. ~ Tommy Lee Jones
140 Character quotes by Tommy Lee Jones
The year 1992 was the countdown year for the formation of the European single market, the regional economic entity - utopian for some, dystopian for others - now intended to recenter Europe in a global politics fragmented in the wake of the breakup of the Soviet Union....The year 1992 was also when the action adventure TV series Highlander first premiered - "the first European co-produced weekly hour to be sold into the US syndication market." ...My own pleasure in Highlander began with the principal actor Adrian Paul's eroticized image. I immediately (and somewhat idiosyncratically) "recognized" it as gay (the image, not necessarily the main story character Duncan MacLeod, or the actor Adrian Paul). It was in this "recognition" that I discovered my pleasure in the show. As a lesbian I was surprised: this was really the first TV show since my adolescence in which an eroticized male image seemed so powerfully attractive to me. Perhaps that is why I assumed it was somehow gay.... ~ Katie King
140 Character quotes by Katie  King
IT IS WITH OUR FACES that we face the world, from the moment of birth to the moment of death. Our age and our sex are printed on our faces. Our emotions, the open and instinctive emotions which Darwin wrote about, as well as the hidden or repressed ones which Freud wrote about, are displayed on our faces, along with our thoughts and intentions. Though we may admire arms and legs, breasts and buttocks, it is the face, first and last, which is judged "beautiful" in an aesthetic sense, "fine" or "distinguished" in a moral or intellectual sense. And, crucially, it is by our faces that we can be recognized as individuals. Our faces bear the stamp of our experiences and character; at forty, it is said, a man has the face he deserves. At ~ Oliver Sacks
140 Character quotes by Oliver Sacks
It was easy to be good and kind in times of plenty. The trying times were the moments that defined a man.
And love? Love was something that did much to change a person. It brought joy as it brought suffering, and in turn brought about those moments that defined one's character. Love gave life to the lifeless. It was the greatest of all living powers.
But, as with all things, love had a dark side to it. ~ Renee Ahdieh
140 Character quotes by Renee Ahdieh
I think bringing depth to characters means really needing to find out who this girl is, what is she passionate about, what makes her tick, what gets her going in life. So I did a lot of backstory for who she was and sometimes it comes across screen and sometimes it doesn't. You never know, because you're not the director, but you can only do your work and hope that it somehow subtly is infiltrated in that. But I think the characters I've played for the most part have depth, just not in the way that you think they do. ~ Amy Smart
140 Character quotes by Amy Smart
Nothing adds such dignity to character as the recognition of one's self- sovereignty. ~ Elizabeth Cady Stanton
140 Character quotes by Elizabeth Cady Stanton
Children are born with varying levels of talent and intelligence, but possessing natural smarts and skills is no guarantee of success. It takes more than that: it takes work on the part of parents and teachers to cultivate these qualities, to instill in children the drive and character necessary to translate their natural gifts into extraordinary results. ~ Rafe Esquith
140 Character quotes by Rafe Esquith
Amory had rather a Puritan conscience. Not that he yielded to it--later in life he almost completely slew it--but at fifteen it made him consider himself a great deal worse than other boys... unscrupulousness... the desire to influence people in almost every way, even for evil... a certain coldness and lack of affection, amounting sometimes to cruelty... a shifting sense of honor... an unholy selfishness... a puzzled, furtive interest in everything concerning sex.

There was, also, a curious strain of weakness running crosswise through his make-up... a harsh phrase from the lips of an older boy (older boys usually detested him) was liable to sweep him off his poise into surly sensitiveness, or timid stupidity... he was a slave to his own moods and he felt that though he was capable of recklessness and audacity, he possessed neither courage, perseverance, nor self-respect.

Vanity, tempered with self-suspicion if not self-knowledge, a sense of people as automatons to his will, a desire to "pass" as many boys as possible and get to a vague top of the world... with this background did Amory drift into adolescence. ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
140 Character quotes by F. Scott Fitzgerald
There's an inherent responsibility actors feel when portraying something that actually exists in the world. It's arguably something that not all actors would agree on because this is a craft, but for me, it's the emotion of what a character is going through that makes the performance what it is. We have a responsibility to bring those emotions to light. ~ Monica Potter
140 Character quotes by Monica Potter
We do not build speedways, but roads which correspond to the character of the German landscape. ~ Fritz Todt
140 Character quotes by Fritz Todt
It was fun to create characters who had truth to them but were also made up so as not to completely offend! ~ Zoe Cassavetes
140 Character quotes by Zoe Cassavetes
It would seem that if despotism were to be established among the democratic nations of our days, it might assume a different character; it would be more extensive and more mild; it would degrade men without tormenting them. ~ Alexis De Tocqueville
140 Character quotes by Alexis De Tocqueville
I base the roles I choose depending on the characters. That's just how I'm gonna run my career. So if it's a good role I'm gonna take it whether it be fantasy, or whether it be realistic or fiction, anything. ~ Josh Hutcherson
140 Character quotes by Josh Hutcherson
It's difficult to get away from the shadow of a TV character. ~ Jason Lee
140 Character quotes by Jason Lee
I've always thought of myself as a character actor, even though I've played some leading-man roles. ~ Malcolm Gets
140 Character quotes by Malcolm Gets
Tiberius Quotes «
» Bimbos Quotes