139 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 139.

Quotes About 139

Enjoy collection of 27 139 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 139. Righ click to see and save pictures of 139 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I like to believe that we are more alike in our positive experiences than in our negative ones that what binds us is stronger than what separates us.
pg 139 ~ Marcelo Figueras
139 quotes by Marcelo Figueras
Where had Mrs. Borkowski's should gone?

(p. 139) ~ Kate DiCamillo
139 quotes by Kate DiCamillo
We are realizing our own inseparability from each other and from the totality of all life. Usury belies this union, for it seeks growth of the separate self at the expense of something external, something other. (pg 139) ~ Charles Eisenstein
139 quotes by Charles Eisenstein
A good book deserves an active reading. The activity of reading does not stop with the work of understanding what a book says. It must be completed by the work of criticism, the work of judging. The undemanding reader fails to satisfy this requirement, probably even more than he fails to analyze and interpret. He not only makes no effort to understand; he also dismisses a book simply by putting it aside and forgetting it. Worse than faintly praising it, he damns it by giving it no critical consideration whatever. ~ Mortimer J. Adler
139 quotes by Mortimer J. Adler
... I draw on the work of Piaget (1968) in identifying conflict as the harbinger of growth and also on the work of Erikson (1964) who, in charting development through crisis, demonstrates how a heightened vulnerability signals the emergence of a potential strength, creating a dangerous opportunity for growth, "a turning point for better or worse" (p. 139). ~ Carol Gilligan
139 quotes by Carol Gilligan
Let me tell you the truth: You are enough. You are more than enough. God made you, and God does not make junk. "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." (Ps. 139:13) You are not just a body; you are a body and a soul. You have an inmost being that does not come from your parents, from the physical DNA that they gave you, but from God Almighty who breathed life specially and intentionally into your very self. Not only did God create you, He continues to care for you and watch over you. "Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid." (Luke 12:7) ~ Leah Darrow
139 quotes by Leah Darrow
What good I thought I could do, all alone, against thousands of years of mistrust and the power of a Demonlord, I cannot now imagine: but such are the dreams of youth, too gloriously stupid to realise what cannot be done.
And without those dreams, how should we ever accomplish the impossible? ~ Elizabeth Kerner
139 quotes by Elizabeth Kerner
God ordained the days of your life, just like it says in Psalm 139. The story you so desperately wanted to hear was written by Him. ~ Mindy Starns Clark
139 quotes by Mindy Starns Clark
He never spoke of that night again, not to your mother, not to anyone else. He was ashamed for her, for Mickey, for himself. In the hospital, he stopped speaking altogether. Silence was his escape, but silence is rarely a refuge. His thoughts still haunted him.'
~pg 139 ~ Mitch Albom
139 quotes by Mitch Albom
While many have been left behind by Part D, there is a clear winner: the drug industry. Independent analysts predict that Part D will increase drug industry profits by $139 billion over the next eight years. Glaxo-SmithKline's second-quarter net income already jumped 14 percent, and other leading drug companies also have benefited. ~ Louise Slaughter
139 quotes by Louise Slaughter
All my days were written in Your book and planned before a single one of them began.
Psalm 139:16 ~ S.L. Rubart
139 quotes by S.L. Rubart
It took 139 years to find her and only a few precious days to lose her, so if leaving was the right thing to do, shouldn't it be easier than this? ~ Georgia Cates
139 quotes by Georgia Cates
Told you what? Alec's hand slid up Jace's arm to his shoulder. Magnus cleared his throat. Alec dropped his hand, red-faced, while Simon grinned into his undrunk coffee.
-pg.139- ~ Cassandra Clare
139 quotes by Cassandra Clare
While I knew that true beauty came from the inside, I had missed the fact that God doesn't make mistakes. He makes us who we are – forming us in our mother's wombs (Ps. 139:13), and what we see as our imperfections He sees as His beautiful creation. ~ Heather Hart
139 quotes by Heather Hart
It is the expression of the anxiety of meaninglessness and of the attempt to take this anxiety into the courage to be as oneself. (139) ~ Paul Tillich
139 quotes by Paul Tillich
It was inevitable that she should accept any inconsistency and cruelty from her deity as all good worshipers do from theirs. All gods who receive homage are cruel. All gods dispense suffering without reason. Otherwise they would not be worshiped. Through indiscriminate suffering men know fear and fear is the most divine emotion. It is the stones for altars and the beginning of wisdom. Half gods are worshiped in wine and flowers. Real gods require blood.(138-139) ~ Zora Neale Hurston
139 quotes by Zora Neale Hurston
Psalm 139 is not a psalm about me, fearfully and wonderfully made. It is a psalm about my Maker, fearful and wonderful. It is a psalm to inspire awe. ~ Jen Wilkin
139 quotes by Jen Wilkin
You can always think that we're old and not innovative, but there is no company that can limp on for 139 years without being creative and having the genes to change. ~ Hans Vestberg
139 quotes by Hans Vestberg
The first fruit of love is the musing of the mind on God. He who is in love, his thoughts are ever upon the object. He who loves God is ravished and transported with the contemplation of God. "When I awake, I am still with thee" (Psalm 139:18). The thoughts are as travelers in the mind. David's thoughts kept heaven-road. "I am still with Thee." God is the treasure, and where the treasure is, there is the heart. By this we may test our love to God. What are our thoughts most upon? Can we say we are ravished with delight when we think on God? Have our thoughts got wings? Are they fled aloft? Do we contemplate Christ and glory? ... A sinner crowds God out of his thoughts. He never thinks of God, unless with horror, as the prisoner thinks of the judge. ~ Dallas Willard
139 quotes by Dallas Willard
Today, in what Harvey Mansfield calls our "gender-neutral" society," there are no social norms. Eight decades after the Titanic, a German-built ferry en route from Estonia to Sweden sank in the Baltic Sea. Of the 1,051 passengers, only 139 lived to tell the tale. But the distribution of the survivors was very different from that of the Titanic. Women and children first? No female under fifteen or over sixty-five made it. Only 5 percent of all women passengers lived. The bulk of the survivors were young men. Forty-three percent of men aged 20 to 24 made it. ~ Mark Steyn
139 quotes by Mark Steyn
The experience of this demoralizing crisis [of the Babylonian exile], which appeared to negate all the central elements that Yahweh had ordained for Israel's well-being, could easily have meant the end of Israel's religion. Remarkably, it provoked instead an almost explosive flowering of theological literature during the exilic period. (p. 139) ~ Rainer Albertz
139 quotes by Rainer Albertz
There is no environment where man can flee to escape the revelational presence of God (Ps. 139:8). ~ Greg L. Bahnsen
139 quotes by Greg L. Bahnsen
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand. ~ Psalms 139
139 quotes by Psalms 139
The Chinese had first learned of the Roman Empire in 139 B.C., when the emperor Wudi had sent an envoy, Zhang Qian, past the deserts to seek allies to the west. Zhang Qian traveled for twelve years to what is now Turkistan and back and reported on the astounding discovery that there was a fairly advanced civilization to the west. In 104 B.C. and 102 B.C., Chinese armies reached the area, a former Greek kingdom called Sogdiana with its capital in Samarkand, where they met and defeated a force partly composed of captive Roman soldiers. ~ Mark Kurlansky
139 quotes by Mark Kurlansky
Then there was the gray of human habitation. The blue places were turning brown, the yellow places to dust, the green places to smoke and ashes. Each time one of the animals disappeared
they went by species or sometimes by organizations of species, interconnected
it was as though all mountains were gone, or all lakes. A certain form of the world. But in the gray that metastasized over continents and hemispheres few appeared to be deterred by this extinguishing or even to speak of it, no one outside fringe elements and elite groups, professors and hippies, small populations of little general importance. The quiet mass disappearance, the inversion of the Ark, was passing unnoticed. ~ Lydia Millet
139 quotes by Lydia Millet
Problems are a part of life in a fallen world, and they are necessary part of it, necessary to our testing and to our growth. ~ Rousas John Rushdoony
139 quotes by Rousas John Rushdoony
The study of theology is not merely a theoretical exercise of the intellect. It is a study of the living God, and of the wonders of all his works in creation and redemption. We cannot study this subject dispassionately! We must love all that God is, all that he says, and all that he does. "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart" (Deut. 6:5). Our response to the study of the theology of Scripture should be that of the psalmist who said, "How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!" (Ps. 139:17). In the study of the teachings of God's Word, it should not surprise us if we often find our hearts spontaneously breaking forth in expressions of praise and delight like those of the psalmist. ~ Wayne A. Grudem
139 quotes by Wayne A. Grudem
Savior Quotes «
» 1395 Quotes