131 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 131.

Quotes About 131

Enjoy collection of 16 131 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 131. Righ click to see and save pictures of 131 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Hurricane seasons with four or more super-hurricanes, those with sustained wind speeds of 131 mph or more will soon become the norm. ~ Joseph J. Romm
131 quotes by Joseph J. Romm
How that is so I don't know. How Mama and Daddy know me sixteen years and hate me, how a stranger meet me and love me. (131) ~ Sapphire.
131 quotes by Sapphire.
The disaster at the Chernobyl plant, along with the war in Afghanistan and the cruise-missile question, is generally seen today as the start of the decline of the Soviet Union. Just as the great famine of 1891 had mercilessly laid bare the failure of czarism, almost a century later Chernobyl clearly showed how divided, rigid and rotten the Soviet regime had become. The principal policy instruments, secrecy and repression, no longer worked in a modern world with its accompanying means of communication. The credibility of the party leadership sank to the point at which it could sink no further. In the early hours of 26 April, 1986, two explosions took place in one of the four reactors at the giant nuclear complex. It was an accident of the kind scientists and environmental activists had been warning about for years, particularly because of its effects: a monstrous emission of iodine-131 and caesium-137. Huge radioactive clouds drifted across half of Europe: ~ Geert Mak
131 quotes by Geert Mak
The South African artist William Kentridge speaks to this type of certainty: 'To say that one needs art, or politics, that incorporate ambiguity and contradiction is not to say that one then stops recognizing and condemning things as evil. However, it might stop one being so utterly convinced of the certainty of one's own solutions. There needs to be a strong understanding of fallibility and how the very act of certainty or authoritativeness can bring disasters.'
The outcome of the current crisis is already determined. ~ Nick Flynn
131 quotes by Nick Flynn
LOVE THIS QUOTE
You know when sometimes you meet someone so beautiful and then you actually talk to them and five minutes later they're as dull as a brick? Then there's other people, when you meet them you think, "Not bad. They're okay." And then you get to know them and ... and their face just sort of becomes them. Like their personality's written all over it. And they just turn into something so beautiful. - Amy Pond (Doctor Who Series) ~ The Doctor
131 quotes by The Doctor
Sometimes when you're upset it's so easy to forget what's real and go for what makes you feel better. (131) ~ Charise Mericle Harper
131 quotes by Charise Mericle Harper
... capable of maintaining and advocating a stance which negated all that he had gleaned from his earlier clarifications. ~ Ernesto Spinelli
131 quotes by Ernesto Spinelli
Wintry it ain't- no complaints! Snowier: Storefronts are showier, light displays glowier. Shoppers are prowling, blizzard howling! Drifts a-heaping, lords a-leaping, Yule logs burning, gifts returning. Winds are keen for 2015! ~ The Old Farmer's Alamanac
131 quotes by The Old Farmer's Alamanac
What was shocking were the rewards my father's cousins had gathered in the intervening couple of decades. They farmed now on thousands of acres, not hundreds. They drove fancy pickup trucks, owned lakefront property and second homes. A simple Internet search offered the truth of where their riches had come from: good ol' Uncle Sam. Recently I clicked again on a database of farm subsidy payments, and found that five of my father's first cousins had been paid, all told, $3 million between 1995 and 2005 - and that on top of whatever they'd earned outright for the sale of their corn and soybeans. They worked hard, certainly. They'd saved and scrimped through the lean years. They were good and honorable yeoman, and now they'd come through to their great reward: a prime place at the trough of the welfare state. All that corn syrup guzzled down the gullets of America's overweight children, all that beef inefficiently fattened on cheap feed, all that ethanol being distilled in heartland refineries: all of it underwritten by as wasteful a government program as now exists this side of the defense industry. In the last ten years, the federal government has paid $131 million in subsidies and disaster insurance in just the county [in Minnesota] where I grew up. Corn is subsidized to keep it cheap, and the subsidies encourage overproduction, which encourages a scramble for ever more ways to use corn, and thus bigger subsidies - the perfect feedback loop of government welfare. ~ Philip Connors
131 quotes by Philip Connors
The hypothesis [of Yahweh's Midianite-Kenite origin] is constructed on four bases:

[1] the narratives dealing with Moses' family and his Midianite in-laws;

[2] poetic texts which are understood to refer to the original residence of Yahweh;

[3] Egyptian topographical texts from the fourteenth to the twelfth century BCE dealing with the Edomite region in which the name Yahweh appears;

[4] and an interpretation of Cain as the eponymous ancestor of the Kenites and the mark of Cain as signifying affiliation to the Yahwistic cult community.

(p. 133)

(from 'The Midianite-Kenite Hypothesis Revisited and the Origins of Judah', JSOT 33.2 (2008): 131-153) ~ Joseph Blenkinsopp
131 quotes by Joseph Blenkinsopp
Grabbing his very fine, very taut ass in my hands, I squeezed. "I need more coffee to deal with your gift, ace."
Chapter 8, pg 131 ~ Sylvia Day
131 quotes by Sylvia Day
131/ Writing a novel is like having a baby. I know because I've had both, and the experiences were hellish. By comparison, the torture of the damned - plunged into excrement, boiled in blood, beheaded, set upon by harpies - are like love nips from your yippy little dog. ~ Kim Addonizio
131 quotes by Kim Addonizio
History is written by the victors. Legends are woven by the people. Writers fantasize. Only death is certain.

"To Die for One's Country is Glorious," p. 131 ~ Danilo Kis
131 quotes by Danilo Kis
You know, Nabby, there's mighty few pleasures in life to equal doing one's job. It is an act of love ... -p. 131 ~ Irving Stone
131 quotes by Irving Stone
This war has made racists of too many of the and too many of us, and it is the leadership in Khartoum that has stoked this fire, that has brought to the surface, and in some cases created from whole cloth, new hatreds that have bred unprecedented acts of brutality. ~ Dave Eggers
131 quotes by Dave Eggers
Cooked foods delay the detox signal further, because heating any food above 180° Fahrenheit destroys the enzymes contained in it. Enzymes are of paramount importance for digestion. Manufacturing them takes so much energy that nature provides them already made. Raw vegetables, fruits, nuts, and seeds contain the enzymes necessary for their own digestion. When those foods get cooked, we lose that important resource. We have to manufacture all our own enzymes from scratch, which adds to the energy cost of eating and delays the funding for detoxification. (p. 131) ~ Alejandro Junger
131 quotes by Alejandro Junger
Video Quotes «
» Certainty Quotes