125 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 125.

Quotes About 125

Enjoy collection of 86 125 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 125. Righ click to see and save pictures of 125 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

When I build something for somebody, I always add $50 million or $60 million onto the price. My guys come in, they say it's going to cost $75 million. I say it's going to cost $125 million, and I build it for $100 million. Basically, I did a lousy job. But they think I did a great job. ~ Donald Trump
125 quotes by Donald Trump
The historical resonances are sharp. [Louis] Brandeis is nominated on Jan. 28, 1916. Confirmed on June 1. Waits 125 days between nomination and confirmation, which remains an unbroken record, although Merrick Garland will surpass it in July, if my math is right. Anti-Semitism was definitely not the central reason for the opposition, which tended to focus more on his anti-corporate radicalism, but it was a theme. ~ Jeffrey Rosen
125 quotes by Jeffrey Rosen
My parents grew that small business from one 18-year-old guarding a bingo to more than 125 employees in three states. And sure, there was help along the way. But my parents took the risk. They stood up. And you better believe they built it. ~ Susana Martinez
125 quotes by Susana Martinez
The thing about me is I have a great little acting school. I teach about 125 students. ~ Luke Ford
125 quotes by Luke Ford
I've done over 125 posters and I have worked with some of the best photographers in the world. They made me America's Number one Pin Up. ~ Cindy Margolis
125 quotes by Cindy Margolis
When the prophet read this verse: If God wishes to guide anyone, He expands his breast for Islam (6 : 125), he was asked as to the meaning of expansion of breast and he said: This is light. When it is cast into heart, it expands. He was asked: Has it got any sign? The Prophet replied: Yes, to be separate from this world of deceit, to turn to the hereafter and to prepare for death before it actually comes. ~ Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali
125 quotes by Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali
I've always worked on the machines, especially the 125 and 250 which are really difficult to set up. ~ Joey Dunlop
125 quotes by Joey Dunlop
-BDB on the board-
Knitter's Anonimous
May 8, 2006
Rhage (in his bedroom posting in V's room on the board)
Hi, my name is V.
("Hi, V")
I've been knitting for 125 years now.
(*gasping noises*)
It's begun to impact my personal relationships: my brothers think I'm a nancy. It's begun to affect my health: I'm getting a callus on my forefinger and I find bits of yarn in all my pockets and I'm starting to smell like wool. I can't concentrate at work: I keep picturing all these lessers in Irish sweaters and thick socks.
(*sounds of sympathy*)
I've come seeking a community of people who, like me, are trying not to knit.
Can you help me?
(*We're with you*)
Thank you (*takes out hand-knitted hankie in pink*)
(*sniffles*)
("We embrace you, V")

Vishous (in the pit): Oh hell no...you did not just put that up. And nice spelling in the title. Man...you just have to roll up on me, don't you. I got four words for you, my brother.

Rhage: Four words? Okay...lemme see... Rhage, you're so sexy.
hmmm....
Rhage, you're SO smart. No wait! Rhage, you're SO right! That's it, isn't it...g'head. You can tell me.

Vishous: First one starts with a "P"
Use your head for the other three.
Bastard.

Rhage: P? Hmm... Please pass the yarn

Vishous: Payback is a bitch!

Rhage: Ohhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm so scuuuuuurred.
Can you whip me up a blanket to h ~ J.R. Ward
125 quotes by J.R. Ward
Hillary Clinton and I have worked together on a higher education proposal which will guarantee free tuition in public colleges and universities for every family in this country making $125,000 a year or less. We're going to fight for paid family and medical leave. Those are the issues that the American people want to hear discussed, and I'm going to go around the country discussing them and making sure that Hillary Clinton is elected president. ~ Bernie Sanders
125 quotes by Bernie Sanders
At the end of the day, taking 50% off a $250 dress still means walking out of the store $125 poorer. ~ Ian Lamont
125 quotes by Ian Lamont
Death Valley is the perfect flesh-grilling device, the Foreman Grill in Mother Nature's cupboard.

It's a big, shimmering sea of salt ringed by mountains that bottle up the heat and force it right back down on your skull. The average air temperature hovers around 125 degrees, but once the sun rises and begins broiling the desert floor, the ground beneath Scott's feet would hit a nice, toasty 200 degrees - exactly the temperature you need to slow roast a prime rib. Plus, the air is so dry that by the time you feel thirsty, you could be as good as dead; sweat is sucked so quickly from your body,you can be dangerously dehydrated before it even registers in your throat. Try to conserve water,and you could be a dead man walking.

But every July, ninety runners from around the world spend up to sixty straight hours running down the sizzling black ribbon of Highway 190, making sure to stay on the white lines so the soles of their running shoes don't melt. ~ Christopher McDougall
125 quotes by Christopher McDougall
It is important that a man should feel himself to be, not merely a citizen of a particular nation, but a citizen of a particular part of his country, with local loyalties. These, like loyalty to class, arise out of loyalty to the family. Certainly, an individual may develop the warmest devotion to a place in which he was not born, and to a community with which he has no ancestral ties. But I think we should agree that there would be something artificial, something a little too conscious, about a community of people with strong local feeling, all of whom had come from somewhere else. I think we should say that we must wait for a generation or two for a loyalty which the inhabitants had inherited, and which was not the result of a conscious choice. On the whole, it would appear to be for the best that the great majority of human beings should go on living in the place in which they were born. Family, class and local loyalty all support each other; and if one of these decays, the others will suffer also."

From "Notes Towards the Definition of Culture," in Christianity and Culture, pg. 125. ~ T.S. Eliot
125 quotes by T.S. Eliot
One concrete way in which we all landscape our sanity is by having our experience of reality confirmed by others. When our experience of reality is disconfirmed by others, our confidence in our own sanity can be undermined.
(page 125, Chapter 9, Graeme Galton) ~ Graeme Galton
125 quotes by Graeme Galton
We have at least 125 communities in Arizona at risk from wildfire, not because of review processes or litigation delays but because of a lack of federal funding on the ground to actually begin the projects. ~ Janet Napolitano
125 quotes by Janet Napolitano
If 125 crore people work together; India will move forward 125 crore steps. ~ Narendra Modi
125 quotes by Narendra Modi
The compact disc may now be outdated technology, but a lot of music albums are still released on CD. A standard 700-megabyte CD is actually 703.125 megabytes (a rare case of the music industry giving something extra away for free), which is a total of 5,898,240,000 1s and 0s. By my calculations, the number of possible different CDs in base-10 would have 1,775,547,162 digits. Which is also the number of corners a hypercube would have in 5,898,240,000 dimensions. So whenever a musician claims they have written a new album, all they have really done is choose a corner on a very high-dimension hypercube. ~ Matt Parker
125 quotes by Matt Parker
Arizona is the worst place to spend the summer - it's like 125 degrees - so my mom, my brother and I would go to the beach for two months to escape the heat. ~ Emma Stone
125 quotes by Emma Stone
Lord, we flail. Forgive the lies we tell from purple thrones on TBN. Forgive the lies we tell in shrines. Forgive every attempt at self-redemption, the holy efforts we call our own, all the clawing we call resurrection. Bury us. Take us to helpless dust. Then roll away the stone and call us by our names. Make us all Lazarus. (125) ~ N.D. Wilson
125 quotes by N.D. Wilson
All of my friends were seeing a therapist, and I thought something was wrong with me that I didn't see a therapist. So I went to a therapist to find out why I wasn't seeing a therapist. And it turns out I'm very screwed up. Thank God I found a therapist to tell me for $125 an hour. ~ Ellen DeGeneres
125 quotes by Ellen DeGeneres
Just to keep up with population growth, on average our economy needs to be adding about 125,000 jobs per month. ~ Bob Beauprez
125 quotes by Bob Beauprez
The story was certainly current at court, and in 1535 a Member of Parliament, Sir George Throckmorton, accused Henry to his face of 'meddling' with both Anne's mother and sister Mary.
'Never with the mother,' Henry said. ~ Alison Weir
125 quotes by Alison Weir
He liked the loneliness of inner space, the sense of being forgotten by the world. ~ Richard Preston
125 quotes by Richard Preston
125.00% Mean 149.17% Standard Deviation 43.47% ~ Simon Quellen Field
125 quotes by Simon Quellen Field
121.George Bernard Shaw – Plays and Prefaces
122.Max Planck – Origin and Development of the Quantum Theory; Where Is Science Going?; Scientific Autobiography
123.Henri Bergson – Time and Free Will; Matter and Memory; Creative Evolution; The Two Sources of Morality and Religion
124.John Dewey – How We Think; Democracy and Education; Experience and Nature; Logic; the Theory of Inquiry
125.Alfred North Whitehead – An Introduction to Mathematics; Science and the Modern World; The Aims of Education and Other Essays; Adventures of Ideas
126.George Santayana – The Life of Reason; Skepticism and Animal Faith; Persons and Places
127.Vladimir Lenin – The State and Revo ~ Mortimer J. Adler
125 quotes by Mortimer J. Adler
People say I am lucky. I am lucky indeed because what can be better luck than to have the blessings of 125 crore Indians ... ~ Narendra Modi
My mother taught us to sell food in the market so we could pay for school. I would get up at 4:30 A.M. and start selling bread and cheese before going to class. School cost $65. The average salary was $125 a year, and with 10 kids, how are you going to pay for that? ~ Dikembe Mutombo
125 quotes by Dikembe Mutombo
Until we resolve to stand up & walk, we won't find people to show us directions ... I am confident that 125 crore Indians are capable to walk and will keep walking always. ~ Narendra Modi
I owned a 1972 Plymouth Valiant that we bought for $125. It was infested with cockroaches and geckos - it was its own little ecosystem. ~ Aaron Eckhart
125 quotes by Aaron Eckhart
A deep sense of struggle, a vast amount of mental discomfort from it, are no proof that a man is not sanctified. A true Christian is one who has not only peace of conscience, but war within. He may be known by his warfare as well as by his peace." - Holiness (p. 125) ~ J.C. Ryle
125 quotes by J.C. Ryle
Problem 7-4
Can used cooking oil or grease, such as that from a deep-fat fryer or a frying pan, be poured into the fuel tank of a diesel-powered vehicle and consumed as biodiesel? […]

Solution 7-4
Absolutely not! Demised cooking oil or grease must be processed as shown in Figure 7-4 [page 125, a process that involves methyl alcohol and sulfur] before it can be used as biodiesel. This should be obvious in the case of bacon grease, which solidifies near room temperature. But it is true even of fats that remain liquid at relatively low temperatures, such as corn oil, canola oil, or even soybean oil. ~ Stan Gibilisco
125 quotes by Stan Gibilisco
Today when someone shakes hands with Modi & looks into his eyes, they don't see Modi, but the reflection of 125 crore Indians. ~ Narendra Modi
75The evil that men do lives after them: The good is oft interred with their bones;[125] ~ William Shakespeare
125 quotes by William Shakespeare
Sometimes I rhyme slow sometimes I rhyme quick, I was on 125 and St.Nick ~ Daryl Barnes
125 quotes by Daryl Barnes
125. Of course, you could just take off the blindfold and say, 'I think this game is stupid and I'm not playing it anymore.' And it must also be admitted that hitting the wall or wandering off in the wrong direction or tearing off the blindfold is as much a part of the game as is pinning the tail on the donkey. ~ Maggie Nelson
125 quotes by Maggie Nelson
If the ad is bad people get turned off. That's 125 million potential viewers, so you just killed reach. But there's also a big potential payoff. I think it does pay off because you get a lot of traffic, a lot of free public relations(in media stories). It helps position themselves for the next round of financing. ~ Charlene Li
125 quotes by Charlene Li
The percent likelihood of a society becoming physically violent if it is physically affectionate towards its infants and tolerant of premarital sexual behavior is 2 percent. The probability of this relationship occurring by chance is 125,000 to one. I am not aware of any other developmental variable that has such a high degree of predictive validity. ~ James W. Prescott
125 quotes by James W. Prescott
to cite Montaigne, "Nature always gives us happier laws than those we give ourselves."125 ~ Mark Helprin
125 quotes by Mark Helprin
Annual drug deaths: tobacco: 395,000, alcohol: 125,000, 'legal' drugs: 38,000, illegal drug overdoses: 5,200, marijuana: 0. Considering government subsidies of tobacco, just what is our government protecting us from in the drug war? ~ Ralph Nader
125 quotes by Ralph Nader
[Y]ou're someone who took up birds in the first place because they fired your imagination; they fascinated you because 'they seemed of all created beings the nearest to pure spirit- those little creatures with a normal temperature of 125°. ~ J.D. Salinger
125 quotes by J.D. Salinger
Bill arrives with a grin about something. Sure, he's got some jets for my machine and knows right were they are. I'll have to wait a second though. He's got to close a deal out in back on some Harley parts. I go with him out in a shed in back and see he is selling a whole Harley machine in used parts, except for the frame, which the customer already has. He is selling them all for $125. Not a bad price at all.
Coming back I comment, "He'll know something about motorcycles before he gets those together."
Bill laughs. "And that's the best way to learn, too. ~ Robert M. Pirsig
125 quotes by Robert M. Pirsig
Much blood has been spilled over words, and a great deal of it over the word 'God.' (125) ~ Jean-Yves Leloup
125 quotes by Jean-Yves Leloup
Turn that 62 to 125, 125 to 250, 250 to half a million, ain't nothing nobody can do with me. ~ Kanye West
125 quotes by Kanye West
The real desire [of feminism] is to break away from rationalism, androcentrisim and all forms of philosophy and practices that discriminate against women. The objective is to recover the use of senses, desire, taste, pleasure, pain and the mystery of life. It is a point of view which seeks to reflet with the body, that is, with sensitivity, with sexuality and, finally, with the story of the body itself. ~ Valmar Da Silva in Reading Other-Wise p. 125 ~ Gerald O. West
125 quotes by Gerald O. West
This war so far has cost us $125 billion and counting, because largely we decided to do it on our own, with only the United Kingdom as a paying, fully participating partner. ~ John Spratt
125 quotes by John Spratt
It's terrifying, how much things have changed in the space of a few days. A week ago I was an ordinary girl with parents that I loved, a home where I belonged and a friend who I adored. But I was blooming under false pretences, and it was only a matter of time before everything fell apart.
Now I'm alone' - ppg 125+126 ~ Annabel Pitcher
125 quotes by Annabel Pitcher
Technology has a critical role in realizing the vision of a Digital India - the power of 125 crore connected Indians. ~ Narendra Modi
For thirty-two years I went shopping with my coupon box in tow
without ever seeing another consumer with either a coupon box or
binder. Not once. I spotted small coupon wallets that fit in a purse
or envelopes of coupons, but never a box or binder. By early 2011,
I was beginning to see women with coupon binders everywhere I
went. All of a sudden, couponing was hot. It was as if couponing
was a totally new concept, and yet coupons had been around for
over 125 years. ~ Mary Potter Kenyon
125 quotes by Mary Potter Kenyon
A Consultant is a guy who knows 125 different ways to make love, but who doesn't know any women. ~ Mark Russell
125 quotes by Mark Russell
Some guys work 125 to 130 rodeos a year. They're just goin' all the time. ~ Chris LeDoux
125 quotes by Chris LeDoux
What you do in practice is going to determine your level of success. I used to tell my players, 'You have to give 100 percent every day. Whatever you don't give, you can't make up for tomorrow. If you give only 75 percent today, you can't give 125 percent tomorrow to make up for it.' ~ John Wooden
125 quotes by John Wooden
If you`re wondering how you`ll find time, it means you don`t really want to read. Because nobody`s ever got time. Children certainly haven`t, nor have teenagers or grown-ups. Life always gets in the way. <...>
Time to read is always time stolen. <...>
Stolen from what?
From the tyranny of living."- p.125 ~ Daniel Pennac
125 quotes by Daniel Pennac
I think I've done 200 plays and 125 movies, so I've been very lucky to have made a living at acting. ~ Charles Durning
125 quotes by Charles Durning
All these lives," she said. "All the stories we never know." (125) ~ Elizabeth Strout
125 quotes by Elizabeth Strout
About half the global economy is living beyond not only its means but its diminished number of children's means. Instead of addressing that fact, countries with government debt of 125 percent of GDP are being "rescued" by countries with government debt of 80 percent of GDP. Good luck with that. ~ Mark Steyn
125 quotes by Mark Steyn
Ending up-front fees should make it far easier for all students to go to university as they will no longer have to pay up to /1,125 out of their loans at the start of each year. Student loans will also rise to meet average living costs. ~ Anne Campbell
125 quotes by Anne Campbell
America can still point to individual rags-to-riches stories of self-made men and women who leapfrog to success. But for all the glitz of sudden stardom on American Idol, for all the hoop stars and gridiron heroes from the inner city, and for every surprise Wall Street billionaire, the unpleasant truth is that a typical child born at the bottom of the heap in America has far less chance of rising into the middle class or above than one born in France, Germany, or Scandinavia. In fact, one study found that it would take five or six generations, 125 to 150 years, for a child from America's poverty caste to rise to the middle of the middle class. ~ Hedrick Smith
125 quotes by Hedrick Smith
Healing must always seek to give voice to suffering, and the greater the range of words and meanings we have at our disposal, the clearer the voice becomes.
Iona Heath in BMJ 2000;320:125 ( 8 January) Review of the book Illness and Culture in the Postmodern Age by David Morris
~ Iona Heath
125 quotes by Iona Heath
Write me up for 125, poster my face wanted dead or alive. Take my license all that jive, I can't drive 55. ~ Sammy Hagar
125 quotes by Sammy Hagar
On 20 November, front-line troops got 500 grams of bread per day, factory workers received 250, and everyone else 125 (that is, two slices). 'Twigs were collected and stewed,' records an historian of the siege. 'Peat shavings, cottonseed cake, bonemeal was pressed into use. Pine sawdust was processed and added to the bread. Mouldy grain was dredged from sunken barges and scraped out of the holds of ships. Soon Leningrad bread was containing 10% cottonseed cake that had been processed to remove poisons. Household pets, shoe leather, fir bark and insects were consumed, as was wallpaper paste which was reputed to be made with potato flour. Guinea pigs, white mice and rabbits were saved from vivisection in the city's laboratories for a more immediately practical fate. 'Today it is so simple to die,' wrote one resident, Yelena Skryabina, in her diary. 'You just begin to lose interest, then you lie on your bed and you never get up again. Yet some people were willing to go to any lengths in order to survive: 226 people were arrested for cannibalism during the siege. 'Human meat is being sold in the markets,' concluded one secret NKVD report, 'while in the cemeteries bodies pile up like carcasses, without coffins. ~ Andrew Roberts
125 quotes by Andrew Roberts
The fourth-century Greek theologian St. John Chrysostom said that Job's greatest trial was that his wife was not taken. (pg. 125) ~ Ellen F. Davis
125 quotes by Ellen F. Davis
Whatever was on your shopping list - linseed oil, two-inch masonry nails, coal scuttle, small can of Brasso metal polish - Mr. Morley had it. I am sure if you said to him, "I need 125 yards of razor wire, a ship's anchor, and a dominatrix outfit in a size eight," he would find them for you after rooting around for a few minutes among bird feeders and bags of bone meal. Mr. ~ Bill Bryson
125 quotes by Bill Bryson
Believers can have both religion and science as long as there is no attempt to make A non-A, to make reality unreal, to turn naturalism into supernaturalism. (125) ~ Michael Shermer
125 quotes by Michael Shermer
Ignore him," Heather begged. "I do. Constantly." Jean-Luc studied the coach, then turned to Heather with a wary look. "Every man in this town wants you." She laughed. "Yea, right. The old guys from the nursing home go into cardiac arrest whenever I walk by." His gaze drifted over her. "I can believe that. ~ Kerrelyn Sparks
125 quotes by Kerrelyn Sparks
I started when I was seven years old so I was on 50, 60 cc Suzuki and then I went up to a Yamaha 125 and then my sister was 16 and she was racing a Harley Davidson 750. ~ Amy Weber
125 quotes by Amy Weber
It has never happened in history that a nation that has won a war has been held accountable for atrocities committed in preparing for and waging that war. We intend to make this one different. What took place was the use of technological material to destroy a defenseless country. From 125,000 to 300,000 people were killed ... We recognize our role in history is to bring the transgressors to justice. ~ Ramsey Clark
125 quotes by Ramsey Clark
As an accomplished entrepreneur with a history that spans more than fourteen years, Annette Wise is constantly looking for ways to give back to her community. Using enterprising efforts, she qualified for $125,000 in startup funding to develop a specialized residential facility that allows developmentally disabled adults to live in the community after almost a lifetime of living in a state institution.

In doing so, she has provided steady employment in her community for the last thirteen years. After dedicating years to her residential facility, Annette began to see clearly the difficulty business owners face in planning for retirement successfully.

Searching high and low to find answers, she took control of financial uncertainty and in less than 2 years, she became a Full Life Agent, licensed Registered Representative, Investment Advisor Representative and Limited Principal.

Her focus is on building an extensive list of clients that depend on her for smart retirement guidance, thorough college planning, detailed business continuation, and business exit strategies.

Clients have come to rely on Annette for insight on tax advantaged savings and retirement options.

Annette's primary goal is to help her clients understand more than just concepts, but to easily understand how money works, the consequences of their decisions and how they work in conjunction with their desires and goal.

Ever the curious soul who is al ~ Annette Wise
125 quotes by Annette Wise
We have a deal."
"The hell you do!" Maria cried out, dashing into the room. She barely noticed that the others stayed behind in the hall.
Nathan looked disconcerted by her appearance, and Oliver looked alarmed. "Leave this to me, Maria," he said tersely.
"The only way that scoundrel is getting your mother's pearls," she shot back," is if I strangle him with them." She marched up and snatched the box from Nathan. "Besides, you already have them to me."
"And you left them behind," Oliver reminded her. "Gran said you refused to keep them."
"Well, I want them now."
"At the risk of being dragged through the courts?" he said, coming to her side. "Of having your name maligned by this vermin?" He lowered his voice. "Do you really want him examining every action you've taken in the past two weeks, having it all laid out before a judge?"
She could tell he was thinking of her appearance at the brothel and the unpleasantness there, not to mention her public betrothal to him. "Let him do his worst." She had an ace in the hole.
She was about to call for Miss Kinsley when Oliver said, "Hyatt won't let go of this matter without some financial consideration. With 125,000 pounds at stake-"
Nathan's bark of laughter cut him off. "Is that what she's told you her half of the company is worth, Lord Stoneville?" Nathan sneered. "Now I understand why a marquess is sniffing around her."
Oliver's eyes turned a dangerous shade of black. He seized the ma ~ Sabrina Jeffries
125 quotes by Sabrina Jeffries
A merchant in Baghdad sends his servant to the marketplace for provisions. Shortly, the servant comes home white and trembling and tells him that in the marketplace he was jostled by a woman, whom he recognized as Death, and she made a threatening gesture. Borrowing the merchant's horse, he flees at top speed to Samarra, a distance of about 75 miles (125 km), where he believes Death will not find him. The merchant then goes to the marketplace and finds Death, and asks why she made the threatening gesture. She replies, "That was not a threatening gesture, it was only a start of surprise. I was astonished to see him in Baghdad, for I had an appointment with him tonight in Samarra. ~ John O'Hara
125 quotes by John O'Hara
I dedicate the love, enthusiasm, welcome and respect given to me to the feet of 125 crore children of Mother India. ~ Narendra Modi
I just wish I got a quarter every time someone clicks on 'Little Women, Big Cars.' We had a 125-page script for this show. We used the creator's house to shoot. But it's expensive to do these shows. They're eventually not going to be able to get the quality of actors. ~ Julie Warner
125 quotes by Julie Warner
Here are approximately 125 billion miles of DNA in a human body
your personal DNA is long enough to wrap around the earth 5 million times. ~ Jeremy Narby
125 quotes by Jeremy Narby
A Guardian investigation concluded that between 10,000 and 20,000 people died as an 'indirect' result of the US bombing, that is, through hunger, cold and disease as people were forced to flee the massive aerial assault. An estimate by Professor Marc Herold of the University of New Hampshire, suggests that between 3,125 and 3,620 Afghan civilians were killed by US bombing up to July 2002.3 ~ Mark Curtis
125 quotes by Mark Curtis
The name 'JSW', you will note, is not particularly imaginative. Nor is it the kind of thing you would imagine is incredible intellectual property. Yet, in 2014, JSW Steel told shareholders that it would pay Rs 125 crore a year to a firm entirely owned by Sajjan Jindal's wife, Sangita. In return, Sangita Jindal would graciously permit her husband to use the 'JSW' acronym, which JSW Steel insists her company, JSW Investments, owns. ~ Mihir S. Sharma
125 quotes by Mihir S. Sharma
If we are to have a culture as resilient and competent in the face of necessity as it needs to be, then it must somehow involve within itself a ceremonious generosity toward the wilderness of natural force and instinct. The farm must yield a place to the forest, not as a wood lot, or even as a necessary agricultural principle but as a sacred grove - a place where the Creation is let alone, to serve as instruction, example, refuge; a place for people to go, free of work and presumption, to let themselves alone. (pg. 125, The Body and the Earth) ~ Wendell Berry
125 quotes by Wendell Berry
Time passes, as the novelist says. The single most useful trick of fiction for our repair and refreshment: the defeat of time. A century of family saga and a ride up an escalator can take the same number of pages. Fiction sets any conversion rate, then changes it in a syllable. The narrator's mother carries her child up the stairs and the reader follows, for days. But World War I passes in a paragraph. I needed 125 pages to get from Labor Day to Christmas vacation. In six more words, here's spring. ~ Richard Powers
125 quotes by Richard Powers
1/2 cup plain flour 1 cup caster sugar 3/4 cup desiccated coconut 4 eggs vanilla 125 g butter, melted 1/2 cup flaked almonds 1 cup milk Grease a deep pie dish and preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Put all the ingredients except half the almonds and the milk in a bowl and mix well, then add the milk slowly and beat until you get a cake batter. Pour it into the pie dish, top with the with rest of the almonds. Bake for about 35 minutes. It miraculously turns itself into a spongy sort of layered coconut cake, lovely with stewed fruit and cream. ~ Kerry Greenwood
125 quotes by Kerry Greenwood
1 in every 28 children in the United States - more than 3.6 percent - now has a parent in jail or prison. Just 25 years ago, the figure was only 1 in 125. For black children, incarceration is an especially common family circumstance. More than 1 in 9 black children have a parent in prison or jail, a rate that has more than quadrupled in the past 25 years."57 Not ~ Christopher L. Hayes
125 quotes by Christopher L. Hayes
Where was I? What had been done? I replied that I was in the recovery room and that he had detached the lateral rectus muscle of the right eye and attached the plaque containing radioiodine (I-125, to be precise) to the sclera. I said that I was sorry it was not radioactive ruthenium instead of iodine (I have a thing for the platinum metals) but that 125, at least, was memorable for being the smallest number that was the sum of two squares in two different ways. I startled myself as I said this; I had not thought it out before - it just jumped into my mind. (I realized, a few minutes later, that I was wrong - 65 is the smallest such number.) ~ Oliver Sacks
125 quotes by Oliver Sacks
Neither the Ten Commandments nor the great commandment is revelatory if separated from the divine covenant with Israel or from the presence of the Kingdom of God in the Christ. These commandments were meant and should be taken as interpretations of a new reality, not as orders directed against the old reality. They are descriptions and not laws.
~ vol. 1, p.125 ~ Paul Tillich
125 quotes by Paul Tillich
9:37, the west wall of the Pentagon was hit by hijacked American Airlines Flight 77, a Boeing 757. The crash caused immediate and catastrophic damage. All 64 people aboard the airliner were killed,as were 125 people inside the Pentagon (70 civilians and 55 military service members). One hundred six people were seriously injured and transported to area hospitals.192 While no emergency response is flawless, the response to the 9/11 terror= ist attack on the Pentagon was mainly a success for three reasons:first,the strong professional relationships and trust established among emergency responders; second, the adoption of the Incident Command System; and third, the pursuit of a regional approach to response. Many fire and police agencies that responded had extensive ~ Anonymous
125 quotes by Anonymous
The Russians would lose 305,000 troops in the last 42 miles approaching Berlin
about the number of American army soldiers who died in all of World War II. Of the 125,000 of Berlin's civilians who died in the Russian attack, 6,400 were suicides; ~ Andrei Cherny
125 quotes by Andrei Cherny
Know this: even if you're like us and still doddering around above ground, someone out there from your past is probably pretty sure that you're dead by now. (p.125 ) ~ Michael Zadoorian
125 quotes by Michael Zadoorian
Sonny had a quintuple bypass in 2003, when he was fifty-six years old - the last thing he remembered before falling unconscious under the anesthesia was a doctor standing over him saying his mother's cells were one of the most important things that had ever happened to medicine. Sonny woke up more than $125,000 in debt because he didn't have health insurance to cover the surgery. ~ Rebecca Skloot
125 quotes by Rebecca Skloot
There are people who will be wanting to apply "Win" to their own, personal life. If you remember only one thing, and I'm going to do it right here, right now because I just happened to come to it, that phrase - if you remember only one thing - there are 125 specific language recommendations in "Win" that can make a difference in your day-to-day lives. ~ Frank Luntz
125 quotes by Frank Luntz
It proposes to each of us that we transform ourselves, or our lives, by buying something more.
This more, it proposes,will make us in some way richer - even though we will be poorer by having spent our money.
Publicity persuades us of such a transformation by showing us people who have apparently been transformed and are, as a result, enviable. The state of being envied is what constitutes glamour. And publicity is the process of manufacturing glamour. (P. 125) ~ John Berger
125 quotes by John Berger
I did 125 films, and over 100 television shows, and you've never seen the same character twice. ~ Brion James
125 quotes by Brion James
Sin Quotes «
» Loneliness Quotes