12 Weeks Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 12 Weeks.

Quotes About 12 Weeks

Enjoy collection of 40 12 Weeks quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 12 Weeks. Righ click to see and save pictures of 12 Weeks quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Ethel Merman would stay with a show for years and tour with it. So would Mary Martin, the great stars. They recognized the value of that success and nurtured it. Now, you come from Hollywood, you play 12 weeks and go away. I don't think that's the best policy. ~ Harold Prince
12 Weeks quotes by Harold Prince
When you find yourself pushing through and using caffeine or sugar to keep going, this is the time to listen to your innate ultradian rhythm and take a rest. ~ Candess M. Campbell
12 Weeks quotes by Candess M. Campbell
I've done roles before where I've wanted to be buff and sort of fit or whatever. And I like to try and be a little bit fit because there's usually one scene in a movie where you've got to run, which means you've got to run for about five hours nonstop. So, for me, it's just worthwhile being fit because doing a movie can be kind of grueling for six, seven, eight weeks. Or 12 weeks. ~ Guy Pearce
12 Weeks quotes by Guy Pearce
I'm always asking people to do something in their mind [first]. So if they're gonna do one exercise, it would be to ask themselves what they want to change about themselves in the next 12 weeks. Once they solve that, the body will follow. ~ Jack LaLanne
12 Weeks quotes by Jack LaLanne
With theatre especially, you don't want to do it unless you love it - there's no way you can pull it off, making people happy, making yourself happy for 12 weeks or whatever. ~ Carey Mulligan
12 Weeks quotes by Carey Mulligan
It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, & 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice. Give it 12 weeks. Don't quit. ~ Jillian Michaels
12 Weeks quotes by Jillian Michaels
However, what I do believe to genuinely sacred - and, indeed, more useful to the earth as a whole - is trying to ensure that there are as few unbalanced, destructive people as possible. By whatever rationale you use, ending a pregnancy 12 weeks into gestation is incalculably more moral than bringing an unwanted child into this world.
It's those unhappy, unwanted children, who then grew into angry adults, who have caused the great majority of humankind's miseries. They are the ones who make states feel feral; streets dangerous; relationships violent. ~ Caitlin Moran
12 Weeks quotes by Caitlin Moran
And if I lost I would have gone back to 12 weeks of vacation, because I was successful enough that I was spending much more time on non-profit boards and traveling a lot. ~ John Hickenlooper
12 Weeks quotes by John Hickenlooper
The average American burns 55 minutes a day-roughly 12 weeks a year-looking for things they know they own but can't find. ~ Newsweek
12 Weeks quotes by Newsweek
It is possible to become world-class, enter the top 5% of performers in the world, in almost any subject within 6-12 months, or even 6-12 weeks. ~ Timothy Ferriss
12 Weeks quotes by Timothy Ferriss
According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, the first use of alcohol typically begins at age 12. ~ Xavier Becerra
12 Weeks quotes by Xavier Becerra
A good four to six weeks is about right for a proper break. ~ Kevin Pietersen
12 Weeks quotes by Kevin Pietersen
In the clearness of this Himalayan air, mountains draw near, and in such splendor, tears come quietly to my eyes and cool on my sunburned cheeks. this is not mere soft-mindedness, nor am I all that silly with the altitude. My head has cleared in these weeks free of intrusions- mail, telephones, people and their needs- and I respond to things spontaneously, without defensive or self-conscious screens. Still, all this feeling is astonishing: not so long ago I could say truthfully that I had not shed a tear in twenty years. ~ Peter Matthiessen
12 Weeks quotes by Peter Matthiessen
And in the flush of the first few days of joy I confidently tell myself (not expecting what I'll do in three weeks only) 'no more dissipation, it's time for me to quietly watch the world and even enjoy it, first in woods like these, then just calmly walk and talk among people of the world, no booze, no drugs, no binges, no bouts with beatniks and drunks and junkies and everybody, no more I ask myself the question O why is God torturing me, that's it, be a loner, travel, talk to waiters, walk around, no more self-imposed agony ... it's time to think and watch and keep concentrated on the fact that after all this whole surface of the world as we know it now will be covered with the silt of a billion years in time ... Yay, for this, more aloneness ~ Jack Kerouac
12 Weeks quotes by Jack Kerouac
I never rode in an automobile until I was 12. ~ Loretta Lynn
12 Weeks quotes by Loretta Lynn
The habits of a lifetime when everything else had to come before writing are not easily broken, even when circumstances now often make it possible for writing to be first; habits of years - responses to others, distractibility, responsibility for daily matters - stay with you, mark you, become you. The cost of discontinuity (that pattern still imposed on women) is such a weight of things unsaid, an accumulation of material so great, that everything starts up something else in me; what should take weeks take me sometimes months to write; what should take months, takes years. ~ Tillie Olsen
12 Weeks quotes by Tillie Olsen
I'm so very proud to be a part of Playmate history. It's such an honour to be one of 12 girls selected each year to represent Playboy all over the world! ~ Lisa Dergan Podsednik
12 Weeks quotes by Lisa Dergan Podsednik
I know what it means to be moved by a book in my body so much that I go looking for its analog in the real world.
[From an interview with Complex magazine, 12/2012] ~ Junot Diaz
12 Weeks quotes by Junot Diaz
I bet I could've done a week's worth of laundry on his stomach. Probably would be a heck of a lot more fun way to wash clothes. ~ Jennifer L. Armentrout
12 Weeks quotes by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Are you fucking someone else?"
"We haven't spoken in weeks." I grit my teeth. "I haven't seen you in weeks, and this is the first thing you ask me? How about, 'Hello, Gillian. It's been a long time since we last spoke. How are you?'"
"Hello, Gillian." He mocks me, locking his eyes on mine. "It's been a long time since we last spoke. How are you?" He doesn't give me a chance to answer. "Are you fucking someone else? ~ Whitney G.
12 Weeks quotes by Whitney G.
Along the Chilean coast, with cold and winter,
when rain falls washing the weeks.
Listen: solitude becomes music once more,
and it seems its appearance is that of air, of rain,
that time, something with wave and wings, passes by,
grows. And the harp awakes from oblivion. ~ Pablo Neruda
12 Weeks quotes by Pablo Neruda
He threw his hands up. "What the hell is going on?"

"Nothing - "

"That's bullshit, and you know it." He took a deep breath, clearly trying to rein in his temper, and lowered his voice. "For weeks now you've been giving me the silent treatment."

"I've been giving you the silent treatment? That'shilarious."

Our entire life had been one giant episode of Duane giving everybody the silent treatment interrupted by short bursts conversation, mostly initiatedby me. ~ Penny Reid
12 Weeks quotes by Penny Reid
I'm proud of this guy. I really am. And nothing that has happened in the last couple of weeks is gonna take that away. He's not a liar. He's a kid. He's a 21-year-old kid trying to be a man and I love him. I really do ~ Manti Te'o
12 Weeks quotes by Manti Te'o
The next day's call would be vital.
Then at 12:02 P.M., the radio came to life.
"Bear at camp two, it's Neil. All okay?"
I heard the voice loud and clear.
"Hungry for news," I replied, smiling. He knew exactly what I meant.
"Now listen, I've got a forecast and an e-mail that's come through for you from your family. Do you want to hear the good news or the bad news first?"
"Go on, then, let's get the bad news over with," I replied.
"Well, the weather's still lousy. The typhoon is now on the move again, and heading this way. If it's still on course tomorrow you've got to get down, and fast. Sorry."
"And the good news?" I asked hopefully.
"Your mother sent a message via the weather guys. She says all the animals at home are well."
Click.
"Well, go on, that can't be it. What else?"
"Well, they think you're still at base camp. Probably best that way. I'll speak to you tomorrow."
"Thanks, buddy. Oh, and pray for change. It will be our last chance."
"Roger that, Bear. Don't start talking to yourself. Out."
I had another twenty-four hours to wait. It was hell. Knowingly feeling my body get weaker and weaker in the vain hope of a shot at the top.
I was beginning to doubt both myself and my decision to stay so high.
I crept outside long before dawn. It was 4:30 A.M. I sat huddled, waiting for the sun to rise while sitting in the porch of my tent.
My mind wandered to being up there--up higher on th ~ Bear Grylls
12 Weeks quotes by Bear Grylls
You'll come to my grave? To tell me your problems?"
My problems?
"Yes.'
And you'll give me answers?
"I'll give you what I can. Don't I always?"
I picture his grave, on the hill, overlooking the pond, some little nine foot piece of earth where they will place him, cover him with dirt, put a stone on top. Maybe in a few weeks? Maybe in a few days? I see myself sitting there alone, arms across my knees, staring into space.
It won't be the same, I say, not being able to hear you talk.
"Ah, talk ... "
He closes his eyes and smiles.
"Tell you what. After I'm dead, you talk. And I'll listen. ~ Mitch Albom
12 Weeks quotes by Mitch Albom
For an immeasurable period of time, hours, days, weeks, it seemed, Celia had been struggling against tides of anguish, sinking deeper and deeper into a dreadful sea, whose waves broke at ever shorter intervals until at last there was no respite, but an endless torment that drowned and broke and shattered her to nothing. There was no longer any such person as Celia Bryant in the living world. All that remained was an anonymous hulk, a bleeding rag of flesh in a universe of pain. Her brain had long ago ceased to function. Only somewhere, at the centre of torture, an inexorable core of consciousness persisted.

Hours ago, years ago, she had thought: 'This is too much. No one could bear such agony and go on living.' It seemed that something in her must break; that she must either die or fall into oblivion. Yet somehow she had gone on bearing everything. She had not died. She had not lost consciousness. All that she had lost was the sense of her personal integrity. As a human being she was obliterated; her mind was dispersed. she could not any longer envisage an end of torment. 'Not only not to hope:not even to wait. Just to endure.'

At last, in some region utterly remote, a new thing came into being, words were spoken, and strangely, incredibly, the words had significance. That which had once been Celia could not grasp their meaning because somewhere else a woman's voice was crying out lamentably. Nevertheless, she heard a man speaking, and with a new sea ~ Anna Kavan
12 Weeks quotes by Anna Kavan
She bit the inside of her cheek. "You wouldn't keep secrets from me, would you? I mean we've been friends how long?"
"We have been friends, thirteen years, eight months, two weeks, four days," The wheelchair stopped and Ari watched the long shadow look at his watch. "Sixteen hours, four minutes and forty seven seconds and counting I'd say; give or take thirty minutes. Or if you want the short version: five thousand and four days plus or minus a few hours."
She put her hands to her face and laughed to keep from crying. "Please tell me you made half of that up. Who actually keeps track of time like that? ~ Victoria Escobar
12 Weeks quotes by Victoria Escobar
I miss the fears of the past few weeks, rendered small by my fears now. ~ Veronica Roth
12 Weeks quotes by Veronica Roth
How's Tucker? You guys an actual thing?"

"We're something," I mutter.

"What's that supposed to mean? You've been seeing him since the end of October. That's more than four months. In Sabrina Land, you might as well be engaged."

Actually, eighteen weeks and three days, but who's counting besides me and my OB? ~ Elle Kennedy
12 Weeks quotes by Elle Kennedy
And we're going out.

Kill me.

'Got everything?' Mom asks, her voice all sing-songy. We're acting normal. A short-lived facade when I open my bag and Operation Check Contents begins.

1. Phone to call for help if we have a car crash/get mugged/drive into the path of a tornado

2. Headphones to drown out the sound of people if we get caught in a crowd

3. Bottle of water for if we break down and get stranded in the middle of nowhere

4. Another bottle of water in case that other bottle leaks or evaporates

5. Tissues for nosebleeds, sneezing, crying, and/or drooling

6. Sanitizer to kill the germs you can catch from touching anything

7. Paper bag to breathe into or throw up in

8. Band-Aids and alcohol wipes in case open wounds should occur

9. Inhaler (I grew out of asthma when I was twelve, but you can't be too careful when it comes to breathing)

10. A piece of string that serves no purpose but it's been here since for ever and I'm afraid the world will implode if I don't have it

11. A pair of nail scissors for any one of a trillion reasons, most of which conclude with me being kidnapped

12. And, finally, chewing gum to take away the sour taste I always get when the panic hits

Normal takes a nosedive into my bag, sinks beneath the copious amount of clutter, and dies a slow, painful death. ~ Louise Gornall
12 Weeks quotes by Louise Gornall
Most people show compassion in the early weeks after a traumatic event, but their support fades. Grief is a process that takes longer than I would like - weeks, month, years. Don't assume I am okay. ~ Shauna L. Hoey
12 Weeks quotes by Shauna L. Hoey
At 12, I knew that the point of being human was to spend one's life fighting social injustice. ~ Richard Rorty
12 Weeks quotes by Richard Rorty
I've never really resented hard work because I've always liked it. Up every morning for roadwork. Going to the gymnasium every day at 12 o'clock. I never change my pattern. ~ Muhammad Ali
12 Weeks quotes by Muhammad Ali
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
If this be error and upon me proved,
I never writ, nor no man ever loved ~ William Shakespeare
12 Weeks quotes by William Shakespeare
He did not think of himself as a tourist; he was a traveler. The difference is partly one of time, he would explain. Whereas the tourist generally hurries back home at the end of a few weeks or months, the traveler, belonging no more to one place than to the next, moves slowly, over periods of years, from one part of the earth to another. ~ Paul Bowles
12 Weeks quotes by Paul Bowles
Instead, progressives should speak in terms of the common concerns of voters - for instance, how a policy will let you send your daughter to college, or how it will let you launch your own business. 12. ~ George Lakoff
12 Weeks quotes by George Lakoff
Throughout history, men have broken women's hearts in a particular way. They love them or half-love them and then grow weary and spend weeks and months extricating themselves soundlessly, pulling their tails back into their doorways, drying themselves off, and never calling again. Meanwhile, women wait. The more in love they are and the fewer options they have, the longer they wait, hoping that he will return with a smashed phone, with a smashed face, and say, I'm sorry, I was buried alive and the only thing I thought of was you, and feared that you would think I'd forsaken you when the truth is only that I lost your number, it was stolen from me by the men who buried me alive, and I've spent three years looking in phone books and now I have found you. I didn't disappear, everything I felt didn't just leave. You were right to know that would be cruel, unconscionable, impossible. Marry me. ~ Lisa Taddeo
12 Weeks quotes by Lisa Taddeo
God Is Love 7Beloved, j let us love one another, for love is from God, and k whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 l Anyone who does not love does not know God, because m God is love. 9In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that n God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10In this is love, o not that we have loved God n but that he loved us and sent his Son to be p the propitiation for our sins. 11Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 q No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and r his love is perfected in us. ~ Anonymous
12 Weeks quotes by Anonymous
I was about 12 when I first encountered 'The Moonstone' - or a Classics Illustrated version of it - digging through an old trunk in my grandfather's house on a rainy Bengali afternoon. ~ Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
12 Weeks quotes by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
I read somewhere that a man should tell the story of his life at the age of forty, and this deadline is fast approaching as I write these lines, only a few short weeks remain before this ominous birthday arrives. ~ Juan Gabriel Vasquez
12 Weeks quotes by Juan Gabriel Vasquez
Substance Abuse Quotes «
» 12 Weeks To Self Healing Quotes