12 Steps Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 12 Steps.

Quotes About 12 Steps

Enjoy collection of 47 12 Steps quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 12 Steps. Righ click to see and save pictures of 12 Steps quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Reflecting on this, Albert LaChance recognized an opportunity - what if the work he and so many others found so fruitful in the 12-Step recovery programs could be expanded to an ecological, a global, or even a cosmic level? ~ Albert J. LaChance
12 Steps quotes by Albert J. LaChance
Just as others pray daily, you should think to yourself daily about what you can do to be closer to this Ideal Image. Think: "What can I do today to make my life better?" "What can I do to become more like my Ideal Image? ~ Bucky Sinister
12 Steps quotes by Bucky Sinister
To summarise so far, Step One says I can't; Step Two says: I am not alone; Step Three says: I can be helped. Step Four and Five call for honesty and openness, and action to shed our secrets. In Steps Six and Seven, we take full responsibility for our problems and shortcomings (NOT the same as taking blame) and get help from our 'higher power', in order to change ourselves. Steps Eight and Nine ask for amends to be made to those we have injured or hurt - often a very hard and painful thing to do. ~ David Stafford
12 Steps quotes by David Stafford
Remember, I am always 12 steps ahead.. ~ Silvia Flores
12 Steps quotes by Silvia Flores
Cut.
Take gazillion and one.
This time with a little less weepy-weepy, please. A little less improvisation. A little less lip. A little more faith. A little more higher power. A little more prayer, a little less wine. Cut the crap. Cut the line. Tuck the chin. Look left, right, faster, slower. Pick seven dandelions on the first day of spring. Hate less or more. Work harder. Chew slower. Be better. Look to god, God, GOD. Watch your language. Watch your back. Collect rocks. Lick 'em clean. Count the pigeons in the backyard and multiply times forever. Give it up, let it go, take it back, take control. Say yes, say no. Say no, no, no. Stick to the script. Steps One through Twelve. One through Twelve. Keep coming back. It works if you work it. ~ Jessica Hendry Nelson
12 Steps quotes by Jessica Hendry Nelson
I might have to take the 12 steps to Workaholics Anonymous. ~ The Edge
12 Steps quotes by The Edge
admitted I was powerless over food,
that my life had become uninhabitable.
Sure, there are folks who speak of lives
unmanageable, but my life was always that!
It took more to push me to the admission.
I had a Hell Year when I turned 50
and it took me another ten to reach the crevice,
to fall off the edge, to give up and go
where a counselor had directed me for years,
to the rooms of recovery. I knew she was right
but I wasn't broken enough to go. Unmanageable,
I could life in. Uninhabitable I couldn't.
I fought it for nigh on sixty years
but when I finally couldn't keep on pretending,
continue making do, I found what I needed,
what I could finally accept, and soar out of there
to recovery. ~ Barbara B. Rollins
12 Steps quotes by Barbara B. Rollins
Recovery is taking all twelve steps...over and over and over and over... ~ Toni Sorenson
12 Steps quotes by Toni Sorenson
One cannot properly drink without self-deception: the lips have to deny the liquor that just passed down the throat. It was surely for the relief of drunkards that the Lord God did not write upon the stone tablets the commandment: thou shalt not lie. The word has to deny the addiction. Among the tribe of alcoholics, lying is a badge of honor - the truth is first an indiscretion, later an affront, and finally a source of despair. If you truly drink, you have to announce to all and sundry that you do not drink; if you admit you drink, that means you do not truly drink. True all-out drinking has to be concealed; anyone who reveals it is giving in, confessing to helplessness, and all that remains for him is weeping, the gnashing of teeth, and the 12 step program. ~ Jerzy Pilch
12 Steps quotes by Jerzy Pilch
They got drunk and high on a regular basis, but this is a vestige of youth that you either quit while you're young or you become an addict if you don't die.
If you are the Old Guy In The Punk House, move out. You have a substance abuse problem. ~ Bucky Sinister
12 Steps quotes by Bucky Sinister
I talk to people who go to rehab, and they get this AA book that they've got to read everyday - really thick book. They go through all these 12 steps and do all this and that. It's crazy how everybody can sit and talk about rehab but if I come to say Christ was my rehab, it's not cool to say that ... For me that's my rehab. That's what happened with me and it's an amazing and powerful thing. ~ Reginald Arvizu
12 Steps quotes by Reginald Arvizu
The first and the last steps on the ladder of life are the most insightful. ~ Kristian Goldmund Aumann
12 Steps quotes by Kristian Goldmund Aumann
The regime which is destroyed by a revolution is almost always an improvement on its immediate predecessor, and experience teaches that the most critical moment for bad governments is the one which witnesses their first steps toward reform. ~ Alexis De Tocqueville
12 Steps quotes by Alexis De Tocqueville
With movies, it's 10 or 12 or sometimes even 24 weeks, if it's a massive movie, to live within a character. But with a show that's successful, if you start in the first or second season and go until the end, you're always finding new elements of your character that are being added in because you start to live in them as human beings. ~ Sinqua Walls
12 Steps quotes by Sinqua Walls
In particular, objectives like SMART goals often unlock a potential that people don't even realize they possess. The reason, in part, is because goal-setting processes like the SMART system force people to translate vague aspirations into concrete plans. The process of making a goal specific and proving it is achievable involves figuring out the steps it requires - or shifting that goal slightly, if your initial aims turn out to be unrealistic. Coming up with a timeline and a way to measure success forces a discipline onto the process that good intentions can't match. ~ Charles Duhigg
12 Steps quotes by Charles Duhigg
The end never comes when you think it will. It's always ten steps past the worst moment, then a weird turn to the left. ~ Lena Dunham
12 Steps quotes by Lena Dunham
You see, the thing about working with pirates is that they know what they are doing. They already know more than you do because they are sailing and raiding. They are the experts in your organization, and you need to get them on your side, not turn them against you. Here is how to deal with a pirate ship model in ten simple steps: 1. Respect the pirates. (They know how to execute.) 2. Invite the pirates to the table. Recognize their wins. 3. Ask the pirates to report on what they see and hear. 4. Ask the pirates to report on their wins and losses. 5. Ask the pirates how you can help them win more ... ~ Olivier J. Blanchard
12 Steps quotes by Olivier J. Blanchard
She was not a beauteous maiden and he had not rescued her from her tower. If anything, she had called down to him and he had pointed out there was a door. The many steps leading to her freedom had to be scaled by Linnet alone. ~ Alice Coldbreath
12 Steps quotes by Alice Coldbreath
Then they went up the steps of the neighbouring Saint George's Church, and went up to the altar, where Daniel Doyce was waiting in his paternal character. And there was Little Dorrit's old friend who had given her the Burial Register for a pillow; full of admiration that she should come back to them to be married, after all. And ~ Charles Dickens
12 Steps quotes by Charles Dickens
Tenets of a viable 21st century conservatism

1. The fundamental assumptions of Western civilization are valid.

2. Peaceful social being is preferable to isolation and to war. In consequence, it justly and rightly demands some sacrifice of individual impulse and idiosyncrasy.

3. Hierarchies of competence are desirable and should be promoted.

4. Borders are reasonable. Likewise, limits on immigration are reasonable. Furthermore, it should not be assumed that citizens of societies that have not evolved functional individual-rights predicated polities will hold values in keeping with such polities.
5. People should be paid so that they are able and willing to perform socially useful and desirable duties.

6. Citizens have the inalienable right to benefit from the result of their own honest labor.

7. It is more noble to teach young people about responsibilities than about rights.

8. It is better to do what everyone has always done, unless you have some extraordinarily valid reason to do otherwise.

9. Radical change should be viewed with suspicion, particularly in a time of radical change.

10. The government, local and distal, should leave people to their own devices as much as possible.

11. Intact heterosexual two-parent families constitute the necessary bedrock for a stable polity.

12. We should judge our political system in comparison to other actual p ~ Jordan B. Peterson
12 Steps quotes by Jordan B. Peterson
There is a madness, yes, this is true. Few mortals possess it, the willingness to step away from the protection of sanity. To walk into the wild wood of madness ... ~ Neil Gaiman
12 Steps quotes by Neil Gaiman
Do you remember a little phenom called step aerobics? If you do, then you know how crazy it was to take two ninety-minute classes in a row. It's incredible that I didn't die from a blunt injury to the back of my head from slipping on my own pool of sweat. ~ Kathy Griffin
12 Steps quotes by Kathy Griffin
I play a lot of sports. I played football for 12 years, I like tennis, I surf, I snowboard, and I ski. I always like to do an activity. ~ Caroline Winberg
12 Steps quotes by Caroline Winberg
With each step I take, I see that my ability to perform gets a little better. So until it starts getting worse, I'm going to keep moving forward. ~ Rivers Cuomo
12 Steps quotes by Rivers Cuomo
I really wasn't even sure if I should continue acting. I would like try and figure out if I could be good enough to do it. It was like 10 or 12 years into my career before I felt like maybe I can do it. It was such a different time than now. ~ Forest Whitaker
12 Steps quotes by Forest Whitaker
I know first hand what its like to be called names and to be affected by things. They would call me fat, they would call me promiscuous in different words. At the time, when I was 12-years-old, that was like the end of the world. To me, bullying is one of my biggest platforms. Lets change the world. ~ Demi Lovato
12 Steps quotes by Demi Lovato
John dear!" said I in the gentlest voice, "the key is down by the front steps, under a plantain leaf!"
That silenced him for a few moments.
Then he said - very quietly indeed, "Open the door, my darling!"
"I can't," said I. "The key is down by the front door under a plantain leaf!"
And then I said it again, several times, very gently and slowly, and said it so often that he had to go and see, and he got it of course, and came in. ~ Charlotte Perkins Gilman
12 Steps quotes by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
It is an essential part of the interpretive work that it should keep in step with fluctuations between love and hatred, between happiness and satisfaction on the one hand and persecutory anxiety and depression on the other. ~ Melanie Klein
12 Steps quotes by Melanie Klein
You give people hope, Yukiko. The strength at the heart of all strength. The steps you take now, the first steps- they are always the hardest. But the footprints you leave in the earth behind you will be followed by thousands. ~ Jay Kristoff
12 Steps quotes by Jay Kristoff
My daughter couldn't care less about me being famous. She finds it revolting and, like a lot of teenagers, is virtually allergic to me. That started at 12 and hasn't gone anywhere yet. ~ Dawn French
12 Steps quotes by Dawn French
Impact is never about knowing all the steps ahead, but about taking one intentional step after the other. ~ Bidemi Mark-Mordi
12 Steps quotes by Bidemi Mark-Mordi
My girlfriend has the greatest story as to why she isn't religious anymore. When she was a kid, like 12 years old, her parents nailed a 25 pound crucifix to the wall right above her bed. About two weeks later, in the middle of the night, the crucifix falls off the wall and leaves a two inch gash in the back of her dad's head. ~ Anthony Jeselnik
12 Steps quotes by Anthony Jeselnik
In meditation you withdraw from others and focus your attention inside to gain purity of mind and wisdom energy. Then you must become extroverted and use this energy. When you take a long jump, you must first take some steps backward. Then you run, and make the jump. Like this, you first withdraw, observe yourself, develop clarity and unlock the wisdom. Then you make a long jump into society, to serve society. These two steps cannot be separated. ~ S. N. Goenka
12 Steps quotes by S. N. Goenka
Not counting 'Small Steps,' I think 'Holes' is my best book, in terms of plot, and setting, and the way the story revealed itself. It hasn't changed my life, other than that I have more money than I did before I wrote it. I'm still too close to 'Small Steps' to compare it to 'Holes.' ~ Louis Sachar
12 Steps quotes by Louis Sachar
The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance. ~ Nathaniel Branden
12 Steps quotes by Nathaniel Branden
Every time I hear footsteps on the steps, my heart rate goes up. Every time I hear the clacking of high heels, I am seized with trepidation. ~ Paula Hawkins
12 Steps quotes by Paula Hawkins
I was wiser at 30 than I am now. My judgment was better at 12. If you look out the windshield of a Hyundai or a Bentley, you see the same road. ~ Bill Withers
12 Steps quotes by Bill Withers
I've been fortunate to get involved with 'Short Term 12.' I was just a young teenager on the Internet, clicking on anything that had the word 'actor' in it. One day, someone called me in for a movie audition. ~ Keith Stanfield
12 Steps quotes by Keith Stanfield
In some ways I'm oddly traditional, I've been a serial monogamist since I was 12. I've always tried to work hard and get good grades and be a good person, but I feel like I've also always had a strange defiance of authority or the status quo, I've never understood why things always have to be just one way. ~ Jennifer Westfeldt
12 Steps quotes by Jennifer Westfeldt
At that instant the smoking mouths of the rifles were aimed at him and letter by letter he heard the encyclicals that Mequiades had chanted and he heart the lost steps of Santa Sofia de la Piedad, a virgin, in the classroom, and in his nose he felt the same icy hardness that had drawn his attention in the nostrils of the corpse of Remedios. ~ Gabriel Garcia Marquez
12 Steps quotes by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
It's a cliché to say that men think with their penises. But it's a fact. And penises are notoriously stupid. My penis, for example, probably only has an IQ of 144, or about 12 times its length in inches when limp. ~ Jarod Kintz
12 Steps quotes by Jarod Kintz
I had met a young lady who wanted to be in the theater. It was Judy Holliday. She had somehow fallen down the steps of the Village Vanguard, which still exists today. ~ Adolph Green
12 Steps quotes by Adolph Green
Today, I will trust that God will do for me what I cannot do for myself. I will do my part - working the Twelve Steps and letting God do the rest. ~ Melody Beattie
12 Steps quotes by Melody Beattie
Love will put a spring in your step and a bounce in your heart. ~ Jon Jones
12 Steps quotes by Jon Jones
When you jump across a canyon, cautious small steps and vacillation won't work. Sometimes you just have to go for it. ~ Rick Warren
12 Steps quotes by Rick Warren
Stock prices have been quoted in fractions for two centuries, based on a system descended from Spanish pieces of eight. Each dollar was cut into eight bits worth 12.5 cents each.. ~ Charles Jaffe
12 Steps quotes by Charles Jaffe
I don't drink, fight & womanise. I am not a wife beater. I don't do nude covers. I don't have a 12-inch long you know what ... I am quite boring. ~ Shahrukh Khan
12 Steps quotes by Shahrukh Khan
Humor Irony Death Zombie Quotes «
» Addiction Quotes