12 Step Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 12 Step.

Quotes About 12 Step

Enjoy collection of 66 12 Step quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 12 Step. Righ click to see and save pictures of 12 Step quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Sitting with Maharaj-ji creates who I am as much as sitting in a 12 Step meeting creates who I am. ~ Jai Uttal
12 Step quotes by Jai Uttal
Negative emotions, like depression or anxiety, have been shown to affect our immune system. Stress impedes wound healing. ~ Chris Prentiss
12 Step quotes by Chris Prentiss
You know, there's a 12 step program for gambling. You should look into that.
Twelve steps. Coyote laughed. I'll bet I can do it in six. ~ Christopher Moore
12 Step quotes by Christopher Moore
Reflecting on this, Albert LaChance recognized an opportunity - what if the work he and so many others found so fruitful in the 12-Step recovery programs could be expanded to an ecological, a global, or even a cosmic level? ~ Albert J. LaChance
12 Step quotes by Albert J. LaChance
Change happens when the pain of holding on becomes greater than the fear of letting go. ~ Spencer Johnson
12 Step quotes by Spencer Johnson
A patient complains of feeling nervous or fearful. These feelings and behaviors suggest that the patient has an anxiety disorder, and the doctor prescribes whatever drug will most probably work for an anxiety disorder. However, there's no conclusive way to tell that this patient definitely has an anxiety disorder. Even if the doctor did get the diagnosis correct, there's a great deal of variation regarding which drug class (for example, anti-anxiety drugs versus antidepressants) a particular individual will respond to and which drug within a class (for example, Prozac versus Zoloft) will work best. If the drug doesn't work, the doctor will try the next one on the list and so on, thus delaying treatment success and complicating the process with the mix-and-match type of treatment. ~ Chris Prentiss
Non-mainstream people seem to balk at the idea of 12-step. A lot of us think 12-step recovery means sitting in a church basement full of Republicans and Christians who drink to much. ~ Bucky Sinister
12 Step quotes by Bucky Sinister
While in the clinic, I discovered I had problems with concentration, motivation, attitude, and temper. I have found a new way of life through the clinic's program and a 12-step recovery plan. ~ Albert Belle
12 Step quotes by Albert Belle
Fear is the darkroom where negatives are developed. ~ Zig Ziglar
12 Step quotes by Zig Ziglar
To me, it is like a diabetic with insulin. If that diabetic stops taking insulin, they will die, and I believe that if I don't follow the 12-step programme, I will regress, and that could eventually be the death of me. ~ Trinny Woodall
12 Step quotes by Trinny Woodall
When you choose the lesser of two evils, always remember that it is still an evil. ~ Max Lerner
12 Step quotes by Max Lerner
In 2017, I was invited to lead a mindfulness workshop and guide a live meditation on Mingus Mountain, Arizona, to over 100 men and women at a recovery retreat. On the eve of my workshop, I had the opportunity to join in a men's twelve-step meeting, which took place by the campfire in Prescott National Park Forest, with at least 40 men recovering from childhood grief and trauma. The meeting grounded us in what was a large retreat with many unfamiliar faces. I was the only mixed-race Brit, surrounded by mostly white middle-class American men (baby boomers and Generation X), yet our common bond of validating each other's wounds in recovery utterly transcended any differences of nationality, race and heritage. We shared our pain and hope in a non-shaming environment, listening and allowing every man to have his say without interruption. At the end of the meeting we stood up in a large circle and recited the serenity prayer:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know that one is me".

After the meeting closed, I felt that I belonged and I was enthusiastic about the retreat, even though I was thousands of miles away from England. ~ Christopher Dines
12 Step quotes by Christopher Dines
There's really only one true path to recovery that's using the 12 step program and finding a belief in something greater than yourself (spirituality). ~ Nikki Sixx
12 Step quotes by Nikki Sixx
Whatever you now do, whatever you now believe, whatever your current circumstances may be, you are perfectly equipped and fully capable of fulfilling your needs and desires. ~ Chris Prentiss
If you ask me, I think 12-step programs are perfectly valid, can be an enormous help. But it depends on the individual. ~ Pete Hamill
12 Step quotes by Pete Hamill
One cannot properly drink without self-deception: the lips have to deny the liquor that just passed down the throat. It was surely for the relief of drunkards that the Lord God did not write upon the stone tablets the commandment: thou shalt not lie. The word has to deny the addiction. Among the tribe of alcoholics, lying is a badge of honor - the truth is first an indiscretion, later an affront, and finally a source of despair. If you truly drink, you have to announce to all and sundry that you do not drink; if you admit you drink, that means you do not truly drink. True all-out drinking has to be concealed; anyone who reveals it is giving in, confessing to helplessness, and all that remains for him is weeping, the gnashing of teeth, and the 12 step program. ~ Jerzy Pilch
12 Step quotes by Jerzy Pilch
It's just like an alcoholic to think he's doing the Zombie Apocalypse wrong. ~ Michele W. Miller
12 Step quotes by Michele W. Miller
I just can't get with this idea that literature is a 12-step program. If someone wants to read a book to see good people get rewarded and the bad people get punished, essentially what they want is a fairy tale. ~ China Mieville
12 Step quotes by China Mieville
I talk to people who go to rehab, and they get this AA book that they've got to read everyday - really thick book. They go through all these 12 steps and do all this and that. It's crazy how everybody can sit and talk about rehab but if I come to say Christ was my rehab, it's not cool to say that ... For me that's my rehab. That's what happened with me and it's an amazing and powerful thing. ~ Reginald Arvizu
12 Step quotes by Reginald Arvizu
If God requires of the sinner, dead in sin, that he should take the first step, then he requires just that which renders salvation as impossible under the gospel as it was under the law, since man is as unable to believe as he is to obey. ~ Charles Spurgeon
12 Step quotes by Charles Spurgeon
Jesus in the Temple of God in Jerusalem

Matthew 21

12: AND JESUS WENT INTO THE TEMPLE OF GOD, AND CAST OUT ALL THEM THAT SOLD AND BOUGHT IN THE TEMPLE, AND OVERTHROW THE TABLES OF THE MONEY-CHANGERS, AND THE SEATS OF THEM THAT SOLD DOVES

Rebellion is individual. It comes out of the truth of one being.

Revolutions are organized, but you can not organize a rebellion.

Revolutions becomes establishment, and then they fail.

Rebellion comes out of the truth and authenticity of one being's heart.

Revolution is organized and political, rebellion is spiritual.

A revolution is of the future, rebellion is here and now.

In revolution, you try to change others, in rebellion you change yourself.

Jesus is a rebel.

Christianity is the organized religion, which appeared after Jesus was murdered.

Christianity is established by the same establishment that Jesus rebelled against.

Jesus is a rebel, who lived out of his own love, truth and understanding.

AND HE SAID TO THEM, IT IS WRITTEN, MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED THE HOUSE OF PRAYER

Jesus entered the temple of God in Jerusalem, and saw that the temple had been destryed. It was not a house of prayer.

People were not meditating, people were not praying. The temple was no longer the abode of God.

Priests have always been against God. The talk about God, but they are ~ Swami Dhyan Giten
12 Step quotes by Swami Dhyan Giten
The First Continental Congress made its first act a prayer, the beginning of a great tradition. We have then a lesson from the founders of our land. That lesson is clear: That in the winning of freedom and in the living of life, the first step is prayer. ~ Ronald Reagan
12 Step quotes by Ronald Reagan
At the end of the day, it's a series of individual challenges played out against a team defense. It's a psersonal test every time I step into the batter's box: Can I do better than the last time? And that's why I love it. ~ Barry Lyga
12 Step quotes by Barry Lyga
Take a step, breathe in the world, give it out again in story, poem, song, art. ~ Jane Yolen
12 Step quotes by Jane Yolen
Hating life, despising life - even for the genuine pain that life inflicts - merely serves to make life itself worse, unbearably worse. There is no genuine protest in that. There is no goodness in that, only the desire to produce suffering, for the sake of suffering. That is the very essence of evil. People who come to that kind of thinking are one step from total mayhem. ~ Jordan B. Peterson
12 Step quotes by Jordan B. Peterson
The Iraqi elections were an important first step. ~ Brent Scowcroft
12 Step quotes by Brent Scowcroft
She angled her chin proudly. "Very well. If you insist.
I've come to invite you to my wedding."
He shook his head sadly. "That I cannot do, my
love."
"But it shall be the talk of London. I want you there.
Desperately."
He gazed out to the sea. "I never thought you to be
cruel, Tess. I can deny you nothing. But please don't
ask this of me."
"But if you're not there, my dear, dear Leo, then
however shall I marry you?
She watched as the shock of her words rippled
over his beloved features.
"Me? But you always said no when I asked for your
hand."
"I was a foolish woman. Lynnford was the love of my
youth. And as we have talked these many weeks as
we've not been able to talk in years, so we
discovered that neither of us is the person that each
of us fell in love with. We were holding onto someone
who no longer exists." She took a tentative step
toward him. "You love me as I am now. And I shall love
you always. Marry me, Leo. For God's sake, marry
me. ~ Lorraine Heath
12 Step quotes by Lorraine Heath
Creating a company culture is the first operational step in becoming a bold, brave fempreneur. It creates certainty, a road map and stability. ~ Amber Hurdle
12 Step quotes by Amber Hurdle
We sometimes hear people boast about their hurtful behavior: "I know I am outspoken and step on toes, but that's just the way I am!" Such people have never seriously considered the source of their offensive and divisive comments. If they did, they might be shocked to discover they were actually Satan's mouthpieces. ~ Henry T. Blackaby
12 Step quotes by Henry T. Blackaby
He caught me neat, right on the fucking face and I took one step back and thought, you're not getting away with that you bastard! I was punching the piss out of him, he kept going down, but I didn't kick him, he'd had enough. I didn't put the boot in to a man older than myself. But this confrontation was out of the blue, out of the fucking blue. That's what I had to face. ~ Stephen Richards
12 Step quotes by Stephen Richards
The next step in the process of liberation is to break this chain reaction of suffering whenever life is unpleasant and feeling content only when life is pleasurable. ~ Noah Levine
12 Step quotes by Noah Levine
Professor Mises has keenly pointed out the paradox of interventionists who insist that consumers are too ignorant or incompetent to buy products intelligently, while at the same time proclaiming the virtues of democracy, where the same people vote for or against politicians whom they do not know and on policies which they scarcely understand. To put it another way, the partisans of intervention assume that individuals are not competent to run their own affairs or to hire experts to advise them, but also assume that these same individuals are competent to vote for these experts at the ballot box. They are further assuming that the mass of supposedly incompetent consumers are competent to choose not only those who will rule over themselves, but also over the competent individuals in society. Yet such absurd and contradictory assumptions lie at the root of every program for "democratic" intervention in the affairs of the people.12 ~ Murray N. Rothbard
12 Step quotes by Murray N. Rothbard
Never settle ... go after your dreams aggressively. Ignore the doubters, step over them. Stay focus on your prize. ~ Michael Barbarulo
12 Step quotes by Michael Barbarulo
Every so often I would look at my women friends who were happily married and didn't cook, and I would always find myself wondering how they did it. Would anyone love me if I couldn't cook? I always thought cooking was part of the package: Step right up, it's Rachel Samstat, she's bright, she's funny and she can cook! ~ Nora Ephron
12 Step quotes by Nora Ephron
Paul wisely taught, 'Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.' [Rom. 12:21] ~ Richard G. Scott
12 Step quotes by Richard G. Scott
If nothing else in life, I want to be true to the things I believe in, and quite simply, to what I'm all about. I know I'd better, because it seems whenever I take a false step or two I feel the consequences. ~ Peyton Manning
12 Step quotes by Peyton Manning
I think I shall return to America even a better patriot than when I left it. A citizen of the United States, travelling on the continent of Europe, finds the contrast between a government of power and a government of opinion forced upon him at every step. ~ William Cullen Bryant
12 Step quotes by William Cullen Bryant
I recently took up ice sculpting. Last night I made an ice cube. This morning I made 12, I was prolific. ~ Mitch Hedberg
12 Step quotes by Mitch Hedberg
Do we exert our own liberties without injury to others - we exert them justly; do we exert them at the expense of others - unjustly. And, in thus doing, we step from the sure platform of liberty upon the uncertain threshold of tyranny. ~ Frances Wright
12 Step quotes by Frances Wright
In 5,000 years of recorded human history ... neither in the east or in the west ... has any society ever defined marriage as anything other than between men and women. Not one in 5000 years of recorded human history.
That's an astounding fact and it isn't until the last 12 years or so that we have seen for the first time in recorded human history marriage defined as anything other than between men and between women. ~ Michele Bachmann
12 Step quotes by Michele Bachmann
I remember when I was about 12, I read M. R. James' 'Ghost Stories Of An Antiquary' under the covers, way too young to fully understand what was going on with those stories - completely terrified but absolutely loved them. ~ Tom Goodman-Hill
12 Step quotes by Tom Goodman-Hill
Drop by and knock on my bedroom window. My room is on the 13th floor. 1-12 are numbers on a clock, and I won't wait forever. ~ Jarod Kintz
12 Step quotes by Jarod Kintz
A temple is literally the House of the Lord, reserved for ordinances of eternal significance. Those ordinances include baptisms, marriage, endowments, and sealings. Each temple is symbolic of our faith in God and an evidence of our faith in life after death. The temple is the object of every activity, every lesson, every progressive step in the Church. All of our efforts in proclaiming the gospel, perfecting the Saints, and redeeming the dead lead to the holy temple. Ordinances of the temple are absolutely crucial. We cannot return to God's glory without them. ~ Russell M. Nelson
12 Step quotes by Russell M. Nelson
An alder tree can't become an oak at will. A maple can't pick up its roots like legs, and stride, step by powerful step, along the shore to find the sun. And everything that ever said otherwise
all those years of school, and the plays and moving pictures that promise you can be someone else, something more
they were all lies. ~ Emily Whitman
12 Step quotes by Emily Whitman
I had always been an atheist until I met Lenny. He was too wonderously complex and good for there to be no benevolent and intelligent force behind our marvelous cosmos. Lenny gave me the actual proof my fiercely skeptical mind had always demanded. Not some logical, 37-step proof of God's existence. It was a personal proof. And it was irrefutable. ~ Zack Love
12 Step quotes by Zack Love
Step Parent Adoption | Stepparent Adoption Forms

Florida Stepparent Adoption Step Parent Adoption Forms,
California Stepparent Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Adult adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Texas Stepparent Adoption Step Parent Adoption Forms,
Stepparent adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Step Child Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Adopt Step Child Stepparent adoption forms,
How to adopt a step child stepparent adoption forms,
Illinois stepparent adoption stepparent adoption forms,
Indiana Stepparent Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Iowa Stepchild Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Louisiana Stepchild Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Kentucky Stepparent Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,
Kansas Stepchild Adoption Stepparent Adoption Forms,

Address:

Stepparent Adoption Forms
10685-B Hazelhurst Drive #15883
Houston TX 77043
(800) 878-2109
FAX: 480-452-0969 ~ Stepparent Adoption
12 Step quotes by Stepparent Adoption
Why don't you just do it, then?" Racath hissed. "Just kill me. I dare you."

Now, I assume you know what this is. You've seen this before in other stories - the part where the disgruntled villain stands over the hero. He is triumphant, the hero now at his mercy. But when commanded to slay him, he hesitates. He lowers his sword. And he says: "I cannot."

If you are to take away but one thing from the words I have spoken, let it be this: there is a world of difference between "I Cannot" and "I will not".

"I cannot" is a surrender. It implies a lack of options. Someone who says such a thing does so only because they have no other choice. They do not WISH to relent - in fact, they usually want to obey their mandate and destroy the hero at their feet. But they cannot, because the guilt is too unbearable. But that does not make him a better man; all that a man who says "I cannot" has done, is given in to the compulsion to repent.

Allow me to make myself perfectly clear - I HAD other options. Easy options. Simple options. I could have killed Racath Thanjel that day. I could have killed him and all the others, too. I could have left them dead and bloody on that grassy hill, and gone trotting back to the Imperator's lap. I could have shrugged off the attrition that had dogged my every step, thought better of my disenssion, given up on all hope of absolution and accepted my damnation. And I could have spent the rest of eternity destroying God' ~ S.G. Night
12 Step quotes by S.G. Night
They don't make poles long enough for me want to touch Microsoft products, and I don't want any mass-marketed game-playing device or Windows appliance near my desk or on my network. This is my workbench, dammit, it's not a pretty box to impress people with graphics and sounds. When I work at this system up to 12 hours a day, I'm profoundly uninterested in what user interface a novice user would prefer. ~ Erik Naggum
12 Step quotes by Erik Naggum
When I was 12, I got a manager, but my mom was against it. It took a lot of convincing. But when I got a job at Manhattan Theatre Club, I think she saw how passionate I was about it and that I worked really hard - and now she's super supportive. ~ Nicola Peltz
12 Step quotes by Nicola Peltz
We are built as gene machines and cultured as meme machines, but we have the power to turn against our creators. We, alone on earth, can rebel against the tyranny of the selfish replicators.* 12 ~ Richard Dawkins
12 Step quotes by Richard Dawkins
What saves a man is to take a step. Then another step. ~ Antoine De Saint Exupery
12 Step quotes by Antoine De Saint Exupery
The determination that is his biggest strength ... is also at times his fatal flaw. Like an unthinking machine, he'll just keep shoving, not realizing a step back, a one-night pause, could let some obstacle move out of the way and smooth his path. ~ Lin Pardey
12 Step quotes by Lin Pardey
Everything starts with one step, or one brick, or one word or one day. ~ Jeremy Gilley
12 Step quotes by Jeremy Gilley
When I was 12, I happened to see a schoolmate playing percussion, and it looked interesting. I asked for lessons, and it felt right. ~ Evelyn Glennie
12 Step quotes by Evelyn Glennie
When Depeche Mode put out a single you knew that a week later you could go and buy the 12 and it would have six versions and they were all better. ~ Rob Brown
12 Step quotes by Rob Brown
At times we have to step into God's silence and patiently wait. We have to put out the fleece as Gideon did (Judges 6:37-40), and wait for the descent of the divine dew, or some kind of confirmation from God that we are on the right course. That is a good way to keep our own ego drive out of the way.
Yet there are other times when we need to go ahead and act on our own best intuitions and presume that God is guiding us and will guide us. But even then we must finally wait for the divine backup. Sometimes that is even the greater act of faith and courage, and takes even more patience. What if the divine dew does not fall? What do we do then?
When either waiting or moving forward is done out of a spirit of union and surrender, we can trust that God will make good out of it - even if we are mistaken! It is not about being correct, it is about being connected. ~ Richard Rohr
12 Step quotes by Richard Rohr
And the first step, as you know, is always what matters most, particularly when we are dealing with those who are young and tender. That is the time when they are taking shape and when any impression we choose to make leaves a permanent mark. ~ Plato
12 Step quotes by Plato
I take pride in working very hard. You need to understand that hard work doesn't instantly pay off. My career grew gradually and taught me a lesson every step of the way. ~ Trey Songz
12 Step quotes by Trey Songz
The first step to finding a God-written love story is handing the pen to the true Author of romance. ~ Leslie Ludy
12 Step quotes by Leslie Ludy
If you take 12 waters from the coconut - not the ones you buy in the store, although that's good - but the fresh coconuts, the little brown ones with the three eyes, if you take 12 of those within 24 hours, your blood will go back to the way it was when you were born. ~ Dick Gregory
12 Step quotes by Dick Gregory
If I were to critique myself - step out of KRS objectively and look at him - I would say that KRS has introduced the concept of being hip-hop, not just doing it. The concept of rap as something we do, while hip-hop is something we live. The concept of living a culture. Don't just look at hip-hop as rap music, see it as a culture. ~ KRS-One
12 Step quotes by KRS-One
One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time. ~ Barbara Walters
12 Step quotes by Barbara Walters
He was shockingly easy to follow. The pressure of his hand, the step of his foot, the angle of his frame... it was like reading his mind. When he leaned right, they turned in perfect unison. He swept her across the gallery in a quick three, a dizzying pace. Gilded frames and glass cases and the window blurred in her vision, and Azalea spun out, her skirts pulling and poofing around her, before he caught her and brought her back into dance position. She could almost hear music playing, swelling inside of her.

Mother had once told her about this perfect twining into one. She called it interweave, and said it was hard to do, for it took the perfect matching of the partners' strengths to overshadow each other's weaknesses, meshing into one glorious dance. Azalea felt the giddiness of being locked in not a pairing, but a dance. So starkly different than dancing with Keeper. Never that horrid feeling that she owed him something; no holding her breath, wishing for the dance to end. Now, spinning from Mr. Bradford's hand, her eyes closed, spinning back and feeling him catch her, she felt the thrill of the dance, of being matched, flow through her.

"Heavens, you're good!" said Azalea, breathless.

"You're stupendous," said Mr. Bradford, just as breathless. "It's like dancing with a top! ~ Heather Dixon Wallwork
12 Step quotes by Heather Dixon Wallwork
It was a strange thing: one never appeared to take a step forward int he heart or mind of this man. Those who wished, so to speak, to force their way into intimacy with him found the path blocked. ~ Alexandre Dumas
12 Step quotes by Alexandre Dumas
I've had more than 12,000 emails from the United States. It's not easy in the United States to find out the email address of a British parliamentarian. ~ George Galloway
12 Step quotes by George Galloway
Patience is seeing each step as a journey rather than seeing a journey as a thousand steps. ~ Richelle E. Goodrich
12 Step quotes by Richelle E. Goodrich
Mobile Technology Quotes «
» Proper Training Quotes