12 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 12.

Quotes About 12

Enjoy collection of 100 12 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 12. Righ click to see and save pictures of 12 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Seeking God? We have totally revised corporate worship services to be sensitive to "seekers." If worship were to be tailored for seekers, it would be directed exclusively to believers, for no one except believers ever seeks God (Rom. 3:9-12). ~ R.C. Sproul
12 quotes by R.C. Sproul
I think that we have created a new kind of person in a way. We have created a child who will be so exposed to the media that he will be lost to his parents by the time he is 12. ~ David Bowie
12 quotes by David Bowie
The correct form factor for a laptop is obviously 12 and 2 lbs, and I don't understand why everybody gets that wrong. ~ Linus Torvalds
12 quotes by Linus Torvalds
I began auditioning for acting jobs at the ripe old age of 12. Thirty years later, including a 15-year run on television, I sometimes just get offers for work. Often, however, I am still required to run pell-mell around Los Angeles or New York, interviewing for film and TV jobs. ~ Diane Farr
12 quotes by Diane Farr
I kept the first Rickenbacker I ever got, a little short-scale John Lennon-type model. And I've got a couple of 12-string models, which are really nice, and I've got a Pete Townshend model, which Pete gave me a few years ago. But that's about it. ~ Paul Weller
12 quotes by Paul Weller
I'm very bad with music. I don't know any new music. I've listened to the same 10 or 12 albums my whole life. ~ Bobby Moynihan
12 quotes by Bobby Moynihan
I come from a minimum wage working world, as we all did for at least some part of our lives, and that is never out of my rearview. I've never forgotten how much your feet hurt after you've stood on them for like 12 hours. And how the drudgery of a job you hate craps on your entire life; how you treat other people, how you treat yourself, and it really was getting to me. ~ Henry Rollins
12 quotes by Henry Rollins
This report is maybe 12-years-old. Parliament buried it, and it stayed buried till River dug it up. This is what they feared she knew. And they were right to fear because there's a whole universe of folk who are gonna know it, too. They're gonna see it. Somebody has to speak for these people. You all got on this boat for different reasons, but you all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything I know this, they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, 10, they'll swing back to the belief that they can make people ... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more running. I aim to misbehave. ~ Joss Whedon
12 quotes by Joss Whedon
Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth more than precious rubies. She will not hinder him but help him all her life. PROVERBS 31:10, 12 ~ Francine Rivers
12 quotes by Francine Rivers
The industrial real estate market completed one of its strongest demand cycles in history as several factors ignited the fire. For projects coming on line in 2005, record-low interest rates during the design phase 12 to 18 months prior provided additional incentive for development and absorption. ~ Brian Gordon
12 quotes by Brian Gordon
I've had my ring since I was 12 years old. But for me it's not something I want to go around saying, 'Hey, look what I have', It's a promise I made to myself and God. I think some people misinterpret that as a trend and think everyone's getting one. ~ Selena Gomez
12 quotes by Selena Gomez
There have been times when people who weren't my friends all of a sudden became my friend. I won't allow them to use me, but I have been pretty lucky to have friends who have supported me and who I have known since I was 12. They are still the same and they don't treat me any different. ~ Lalaine
12 quotes by Lalaine
You know, you hear about these writers reading 'Lolita' at 12. I wanted to be a chemistry teacher. ~ Susan Barker
12 quotes by Susan Barker
When I was 12, I forgot the keys to my parent's apartment. So I simply climbed up seven floors to get in. ~ Alain Robert
12 quotes by Alain Robert
My first songs were energetic because I liked their energy. When I used to battle people every day, I had to go hard. If someone went harder than me, they left with the win. I haven't lost since I was 12 years old. ~ Meek Mill
12 quotes by Meek Mill
There's a problem for them [teens] when they have to get up and go to school in the morning, they're very sleepy, yet on the weekends, they'll sleep 12 hours, they'll sleep late and then go to bed late and wake up late. And on vacations, it's not a problem. ~ Shelby Harris
12 quotes by Shelby Harris
When I was 12 I made some little films with my friends. I tried to make gangster films, like Fantomas, but I remember being very disappointed with them. They weren't frightening at all. I'm sure they'd be very funny now. ~ Alain Resnais
12 quotes by Alain Resnais
I do remember the tour of 'Cats' in Philadelphia. I was 12 and had a stomach bug. ~ Aaron Lazar
12 quotes by Aaron Lazar
List of Artists Who Created Fantasy Worlds to Try and Cure Bouts of Sadness
1. Italo Calvino
2. Gabriel Garcia Marquez
3. Jim Henson and Jorge Luis Borges - Labyrinths
4. The creator of MySpace
5. Richard Brautigan
6. J.K. Rowling
7. The inventor of the children's toy Lite-Brite
8. Ann Sexton
9. David Foster Wallace
10. Gaugin and the Caribbean
11. Charles Schulz
12. Liam Rector ~ Shane Jones
12 quotes by Shane Jones
I had a sense that my mother was struggling, when I was a kid, working twelve hour days, making $12,000 a year with two kids in a trailer park. ~ Cecily McMillan
12 quotes by Cecily McMillan
God Is Love 7Beloved, j let us love one another, for love is from God, and k whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 8 l Anyone who does not love does not know God, because m God is love. 9In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that n God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. 10In this is love, o not that we have loved God n but that he loved us and sent his Son to be p the propitiation for our sins. 11Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 12 q No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and r his love is perfected in us. ~ Anonymous
12 quotes by Anonymous
5:11 g See 1 Cor. 5:9 h Rom. 6:21 i Rom. 13:12 j ~ Anonymous
12 quotes by Anonymous
My varying pairs of legs can be quite practical or quite impractical, and I don't judge them either way. Some are for getting around a 12-hour day, pounding the pavement, and some are to feel like I can transform my own body into a workable, changing piece of art. ~ Aimee Mullins
12 quotes by Aimee Mullins
It was the quartets of Beethoven (numbers 12,13,14, and 15) which over fifty years, created and expanded the the audience of listeners to the quartets of Beethoven, thus achieving, as all masterpieces do, progress if not in the quality of artists, at least in the company of minds, which is largely composed these days of what was missing when the work appeared: people capable of liking it. ~ Marcel Proust
12 quotes by Marcel Proust
I'm not an overnight success. I've been doing it for 12 years. It's been lovely and varied so far. ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
12 quotes by Benedict Cumberbatch
But Scripture says that before they even entered Egypt, Abraham discussed with Sarah the dangers this place posed for a man with a beautiful wife. "When the Egyptians see you...they will say, "this is his wife"; and they will kill me, but they will let you live," he told her (Gen.12:12) Abraham's motives were selfish and cowardly, and the scheme reflected a serious weakness in faith. But Sarah's devotion to her husband is nonetheless commendable, and God honored her for it. ~ John F. MacArthur Jr.
12 quotes by John F. MacArthur Jr.
They recognize me. Of course they recognize me. My face is uncovered and I'm standing here outside of District 12 pointing an arrow at them. Who else would I be? ~ Suzanne Collins
12 quotes by Suzanne Collins
Then I get it, what it means. At least, for me. District 12 only has three existing victors to choose from. Two male. One female ...
I am going back into the arena. ~ Suzanne Collins
As a boy I was obsessed with Egypt and Egyptology. I'm convinced it's not that uncommon. A lot of 10 or 12 year old boys become obsessed with Egypt. It's a bit like young girls and horses ... ~ Bill Henson
12 quotes by Bill Henson
The government shut down 12 times under Democratic House Speaker Tip O'Neill. It was only shut down twice while I was speaker. ~ Newt Gingrich
12 quotes by Newt Gingrich
Confederation Day every blessed year on December 12. ~ Suzette Haden Elgin
12 quotes by Suzette Haden Elgin
For me to want to be an actor was an improbable idea. I wasn't beautiful or pretty in any conventional way. I wasn't an ingenue at 22. But I was always certain of it and certain of its power. I felt the power when I went to the theater at 9, 10, 12 and 14. ~ Linda Hunt
12 quotes by Linda Hunt
I was obsessed with Eminem when I was younger. When he first came out I was about 12 and fanatical about his 'Slim Shady' CD. I think he's a genius. ~ Robert Pattinson
12 quotes by Robert Pattinson
Where's your boyfriend, District 12? Still hanging on?" She asks.
Well, as long as we're talking I'm alive. "He's out there now. Hunting Cato," I snarl at her. Then I scream at the top of my lungs. "Peeta!"
Clove jams her fist into my windpipe, very effectively cutting off my voice. But her head's whipping from side to side, and I know for a moment she's at least considering I'm telling the truth. Since no Peeta appears to save me, she turns back to me.
"Liar," she says with a grin. "He's nearly dead. Cato knows where he cut him. You've probably got him strapped up in some tree while you try to keep his heart going. What's in the pretty little backpack? That medicine for Lover Boy? Too bad he'll never get it. ~ Suzanne Collins
why the rating agencies weren't more critical of bonds underpinned by floating-rate subprime mortgages. Subprime borrowers tended to be one broken refrigerator away from default. Few, if any, should be running the risk of their interest payment spiking up. As most of these loans were structured, however, the homeowner would pay a fixed teaser rate of, say, 8 percent for the first two years, and then, at the start of the third year, the interest rate would skyrocket to, say, 12 percent, and thereafter it would float at permanently high levels. ~ Michael Lewis
12 quotes by Michael Lewis
I work really long hours and work a lot and have done press tours and junkets, but there is nothing like a presidential campaign that I have experienced before ... I think at one point we visited three different cities in one state in 12 hours. It's exhausting. ~ America Ferrera
12 quotes by America Ferrera
But my system for over 30 years has been this: When stocks are attractive, you buy them. Sure, they can go lower. I've bought stocks at $12 that went to $2, but then they later went to $30. ~ Peter Lynch
12 quotes by Peter Lynch
Speak Life Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they who indulge in it shall eat the fruit of it [for death or life]. PROVERBS 18:21 If we ride to work with somebody and gossip about our boss and talk about how we hate our job and what a stupid place it is, we will have a bad day. The Bible says, "A man's [moral] self shall be filled with the fruit of his mouth; and with the consequence of his words he must be satisfied [whether good or evil]" (Proverbs 18:20). Clearly, we will have to eat our words, so we need to talk about the right things to be happy. If we murmur and gossip, we will eat the fruit of death. But if we speak life, we will eat the fruit of the Spirit (see Matthew 12:37). Choose to eat good fruit today. ~ Joyce Meyer
12 quotes by Joyce Meyer
You can do more with 12 disciples than with 1,200 religious consumers. ~ Alan Hirsch
12 quotes by Alan Hirsch
My formative years, until I was 12, was all shaped by Jamaican culture, by that economy, by the people in my family, who are agriculturalists, who were plantation workers, who harvested those crops and took them down to the boats run by the United Food Company, to load those ships at night, hence all the songs that I sing that come from that environment. ~ Harry Belafonte
12 quotes by Harry Belafonte
There's a passage in John Steinbeck's "East of Eden" that does a pretty good job describing California's rainfall patterns:

The water came in a 30-year cycle. There would be five to six wet and wonderful years when there might be 19 to 25 inches of rain, and the land would shout with grass. Then would come six or seven pretty good years of 12 to 16 inches of rain. And then the dry years would come ... ~ John Steinbeck
12 quotes by John Steinbeck
There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful. ~ John Green
12 quotes by John Green
Faith greatly shaped America's role in the world. We are a country that embodies the Bible verse from Luke chapter 12, verse 48 "From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded." ~ Marco Rubio
12 quotes by Marco Rubio
It's certainly sobering to think that British consumers waste roughly a quarter of the food we buy. Or to put it another way, we funnel £12 billion a year from the supermarket through to our rubbish tips, costing each household an average of £480. ~ Tristram Stuart
12 quotes by Tristram Stuart
I was about 12 when I first encountered 'The Moonstone' - or a Classics Illustrated version of it - digging through an old trunk in my grandfather's house on a rainy Bengali afternoon. ~ Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
12 quotes by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
Stated negatively (I John 4:18). "There is no fear in love," wrote John, "but perfect love casteth out fear." Love and fear are incompatible; the one who lives in terror of God's disapproval shows that love is lacking from his life. "Perfect love" should be understood as love brought to completion (cf. 2:5; 4:12). This kind of sacrificial love casts out fear. John's observation that fear lives in torment ~ Union Gospel Press
12 quotes by Union Gospel Press
You might look at my CV and see I've had 12 jobs, but I've been to over 450 auditions so I've heard 'no' a lot more than I've heard 'yes'. So if I go in looking only to meet my own standards, then that will make taking that rejection a little bit easier. And when I do get that job it will seem like icing on the cake. ~ Wentworth Miller
12 quotes by Wentworth Miller
I hope that the examples I have given have gone some way towards demonstrating that pedestrian touring in the later 1780s and the 1790s was not a matter of a few 'isolated affairs', but was a practice of rapidly growing popularity among the professional, educated classes, with the texts it generated being consumed and reviewed in the same way as other travel literature: compared, criticised for inaccuracies, assessed for topographical or antiquarian interest, and so on. ~ Robin Jarvis
12 quotes by Robin Jarvis
A lot of people probably think I'm not athletic or don't even try to work out or whatever, but I do. Just because you're big doesn't mean you can't be an athlete. And just because you work out doesn't mean you're going to have a 12-pack. I work out to make sure I can do my job to the best of my ability. Other than that, I'm not going up there trying to be a fitness model. ~ Prince Fielder
12 quotes by Prince Fielder
I fell in love with jazz when I was 12 years old from listening to Duke Ellington and hearing a lot of jazz in New York on the radio. ~ Steve Lacy
12 quotes by Steve Lacy
A new survey found that 12 percent of parents punish their kids by banning social networking sites. The other 88 percent punish their kids by joining social networking sites. ~ Jimmy Fallon
12 quotes by Jimmy Fallon
Doing multiple character work is athletic in every way - vocally, physically, spiritually, and mentally. With a show like 'Passing Strange,' I usually lose about 12 pounds. ~ Colman Domingo
12 quotes by Colman Domingo
God uses our weaknesses to strengthen us..... 2 Corinthians 12:7-10 ~ Amanda Penland
12 quotes by Amanda Penland
You know, when you see a haircut of yourself from around 12 or 13, it's rough. I also had really bad acne. Where I had to take this medicine - serious medicine - with warning on the label, like, "Do NOT take this if you are pregnant." Thank God I wasn't pregnant at the time. But yeah, I just had bad haircuts, bad acne, and bad clothes for a long time. And probably still right now. ~ Rob Huebel
12 quotes by Rob Huebel
A South Korean teenager, 18-year-old male, is about five inches taller than his North Korean counterpart. And there are many soldiers who are only about 4'6". The height requirement is supposed to be 4'9". That's the size of my 12-year-old son. ~ Barbara Demick
12 quotes by Barbara Demick
I pray if I ever find out I have only about three minutes to live it's during a basketball game, because then I'll have, what, 10, 12 years to live? ~ Elayne Boosler
12 quotes by Elayne Boosler
But the plan of redemption had a yet broader and deeper purpose than the salvation of man. It was not for this alone that Christ came to the earth; it was not merely that the inhabitants of this little world might regard the law of God as it should be regarded; but it was to vindicate the character of God before the universe. To this result of his great sacrifice - its influence upon the intelligences of other worlds, as well as upon man - the Saviour looked forward when just before his crucifixion he said: "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all unto [69] Me." John 12:31, 32. The act of Christ in dying for the salvation of man would not only make heaven accessible to men, but before all the universe it would justify God and his Son in their dealing with the rebellion of Satan. It would establish the perpetuity of the law of God and would reveal the nature and the results of sin. ~ Ellen G. White
12 quotes by Ellen G. White
The low-wage business model has essentially turned public aid into a form of corporate welfare. The best corrective is to raise the federal minimum wage. A new bill introduced on Thursday by congressional Democrats would lift the minimum from its current level of $7.25 an hour to $12 an hour by 2020. At that level, there would still be a need for public aid to ensure that some working families are kept out of poverty. ~ Anonymous
12 quotes by Anonymous
Where you can starve to death in safety," I mutter. Then I glance quickly over my shoulder. Even here, even in the middle of nowhere, you worry someone might overhear you. When I was younger, I scared my mother to death, the things I would blurt out about District 12, about the people who rule our country, Panem, from the far-off city called the Capitol. Eventually I understood this would only lead us to more trouble. So I learned to hold my tongue and to turn my features into an indifferent mask so that no one could ever read my thoughts. Do my work quietly in school. Make only polite small talk in the public market. Discuss little more than trades in the Hob, which is the black market where I make most of my money. Even at home, where I am less pleasant, I avoid discussing tricky topics. Like the reaping, or food ~ Suzanne Collins
It has been so long since Liverpool won the title, I was a 12-year-old Everton fan the last time it happened. ~ Jamie Carragher
12 quotes by Jamie Carragher
Nearly one in four women will experience domestic violence during her lifetime. And slightly more than half of female victims of domestic violence live in households with children under age 12. ~ Lucille Roybal-Allard
12 quotes by Lucille Roybal-Allard
It took Cianfrance 12 years to bring 'Blue Valentine' to the screen after he first conceived it. He found Gosling and Williams early on, and they hung in there with him. The film finally premiered at Sundance 2010, then screened at Cannes and the Toronto Film Festival before landing in theaters in December. ~ Katie Hafner
12 quotes by Katie Hafner
Hamlet. 'A1 did comply2 with his dug,3 before 'a sucked it. Thus has he, and many more of the same bevy4 that I know the drossy5 age dotes on, only got6 the tune7 of the time and, out of an habit of encounter,8 a kind of yeasty collection,9 which carries them through and through10 the most fanned and winnowed11 opinions. And do but blow them to their trial,12 the bubbles are out.13 ~ William Shakespeare
12 quotes by William Shakespeare
I watched 'Evil Dead' when I was 12. I was going through all the horror I could grab. I remember going to the video store and asking for something 'real.' And the guy gave me the 'Evil Dead' VHS. When you're 12, you're not supposed to see that. ~ Fede Alvarez
12 quotes by Fede Alvarez
It has been a good while since 12:00 a.m. held much attraction for me beyond being a perfectly lovely time to be ensconced in the comfort of my own home, sitting in my underpants, contentedly worrying about something. ~ David Rakoff
12 quotes by David Rakoff
I think it was when I was 12 when I entered a singing competition. I sang my own original song for an audience of 1,000 people. ~ Birdy
12 quotes by Birdy
My life, since I was 12-years-old, has revolved around some sort of sport, mainly cycling, so when I'm unable to ride my bike I just don't know what to do with myself. ~ Magnus Backstedt
12 quotes by Magnus Backstedt
Lena Smoothed her hair. Crazy weather you have down here. ~ Kami Garcia
12 quotes by Kami Garcia
All of our colleges are free in Sweden, but this acting program is the second most expensive education for the government. It's difficult to get in. There are around 1,500 applicants, and 10-12 applicants are accepted each year. I was accepted, and I studied there for five years. ~ Joel Kinnaman
12 quotes by Joel Kinnaman
Dreams are like poetry, they don't have to make sense to be beautiful. ~ Danielle Ever Rose
12 quotes by Danielle Ever Rose
Let us awake to a sense of the perilous state of many professing Christians. 'Without holiness no man shall see the Lord'; without sanctification there is no salvation (Hebrews 12:14). Then what an enormous amount of so-called religion there is which is perfectly useless! ~ J.C. Ryle
12 quotes by J.C. Ryle
You know we fixate on the food so much itself: "Oh, the ultimate brownie or the ultimate this or that"
well, let me tell you something: It's all poop in about 12 hours, okay? The real power that food has is its ability to connect human beings to each other
that's the stuff right there and, to me, everything else is secondary to that. ~ Alton Brown
12 quotes by Alton Brown
After lunch, he rose and gave me the tips of his fingers, saying he would like to show me over his flat; but I snatched away my hand and gave a cry. What I had touched was cold and, at the same time, bony; and I remembered that his hands smelt of death. 'Oh, forgive me!' he moaned. And he opened a door before me. 'This is my bedroom, if you care to see it. It is rather curious.' His manners, his words, his attitude gave me confidence and I went in without hesitation. I felt as if I were entering the room of a dead person. The walls were all hung with black, but, instead of the white trimmings that usually set off that funereal upholstery, there was an enormous stave of music with the notes of the DIES IRAE, many times repeated. In the middle of the room was a canopy, from which hung curtains of red brocaded stuff, and, under the canopy, an open coffin. 'That is where I sleep,' said Erik. 'One has to get used to everything in life, even to eternity.' The sight upset me so much that I turned away my head"

- Chapter 12: Apollo's Lyre ~ Gaston Leroux
12 quotes by Gaston Leroux
I had a babysitter when I was 12 or younger. I had a big crush on her. She was really spontaneous and fun and loved to make us sing and dance and paint. She was the coolest person in the world. I guess I did have my young love. I did everything to impress her. Everything possible. It was just ridiculous. ~ Zac Efron
12 quotes by Zac Efron
I nod, then let the conversation drop. But secretly I'm wondering if Haymitch sobered up long enough to help Peeta and me because he thought we just might have the wits to survive. Maybe he wasn't always a drunk. Maybe, in the beginning, he tried to help the tributes. But then it got unbearable. It must be hell to mentor two kids and then watch them die. Year after year after year. I realize that if I get out of here, that will become my job. To mentor the girl from District 12. The idea is so repellent, I thrust it from my mind. ~ Suzanne Collins
When you're younger, it's hard because you're finding your identity, and then for 12 hours out of the day, you have to be a different person. So that's a tricky phase - as far as figuring who you are out and then figuring out the people that you're working with. ~ Hilarie Burton
12 quotes by Hilarie Burton
On March 5th, I'm having my birthday celebration. The party starts at midnight, and ends at 12:01 AM. Don't be late! ~ Jarod Kintz
12 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Sitting with Maharaj-ji creates who I am as much as sitting in a 12 Step meeting creates who I am. ~ Jai Uttal
12 quotes by Jai Uttal
I drink a lot. More or less 10 or 12 coffees a day, both typical Italian and espresso. ~ Domenico Dolce
12 quotes by Domenico Dolce
I think the child I was until 12 was so much more interesting than the teenager I became. As a teenager, you get wrapped up in your friends and sexual stuff, and the imaginative life you had, it just goes. And mine was so rich and fun. Fortunately, I was able to tap back into that later on [through my books] to save my life. ~ Judy Blume
12 quotes by Judy Blume
I'm afraid one thing - I don't like heights. Heights bug me out. I'm not cool with heights. I refuse to do a comedy show 12 stories up. I'm fearless about everything else. ~ J. B. Smoove
12 quotes by J. B. Smoove
My sister, I have a sister who's 12 years older, she was always the party girl, the outrageous one. ~ Selma Blair
12 quotes by Selma Blair
Drop by and knock on my bedroom window. My room is on the 13th floor. 1-12 are numbers on a clock, and I won't wait forever. ~ Jarod Kintz
12 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Today's choices become tomorrow's circumstances. Proverbs 27:12 says, The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and pay the penalty. ~ Lysa TerKeurst
12 quotes by Lysa TerKeurst
Nobody rules the world.
We may take care of planet earth
as a harmonious part in our universe.
Petra Cecilia Maria Hermans
Religion of Blue Circle
September 12, 2016 ~ Petra Hermans
12 quotes by Petra Hermans
Broad-Based Education:

Reed College at that time offered perhaps the best calligraphy instruction in the country.… I decided to take a calligraphy class to learn how to do this.… It
was beautiful, historical, artistically subtle in a way that science can't capture, and I found it fascinating. None of this had even a hope of any practical
application in my life. But ten years later, when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me.

- Commencement address, Stanford University,
June 12, 2005 ~ George Beahm
12 quotes by George Beahm
I don't record (any type of genre of music) that I didn't hear in my family's living room by the time I was 10. It just is my rule that I don't break because ... I can't do it authentically ... I really think that you're just hard-wiring (synapses) in your brain up until the age of maybe 12 or 10, and there are certain things you can't learn in an authentic way after that. ~ Linda Ronstadt
12 quotes by Linda Ronstadt
I think I'm a fun flatmate. I'm always cheerful. I go on tour with my band so it's 12 people on one bus and I feel like I'm the one who's happy in the morning. I'm not a chaotic person, but I might slack off on doing the dishes from time to time. ~ Zooey Deschanel
12 quotes by Zooey Deschanel
Rhiannon Anna Maria Reyes, (Strength 10, Dexterity 14, Stamina 12, Will 17, IQ 16 and Charisma 15 -- Geek 7 / Barista 3 / Screenwriter 2 / Gamer Girl 2) was Bryan's secret weapon. Rhiannon (known to practically everyone as "Ree") kept the café in fabulous baked goods, talked authoritatively about subjects from Aliens to Zork, and drew the attentions of countless lovelorn geeks. ~ Michael R. Underwood
12 quotes by Michael R. Underwood
When Moses says, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh?" God answers not by telling Moses who he is, but by telling him who God is, saying, "I will be with you" (Exodus 3:12) ~ Harold S. Kushner
12 quotes by Harold S. Kushner
If we are going to solve the challenges we face, you need a President who will pursue genuine solutions day in and day out. And that is my commitment to you. We need immigration reform that will secure our borders, and punish employers who exploit immigrant labor; reform that finally brings the 12 million people who are here illegally out of the shadows by requiring them to take steps to become legal citizens. We must assert our values and reconcile our principles as a nation of immigrants and a nation of laws. That is a priority I will pursue from my very first day. ~ Barack Obama
12 quotes by Barack Obama
There's something better than an 'excuse' for your mistake, which is 'now you know how to stop it from happening again'. ~ Mohith Agadi
12 quotes by Mohith Agadi
I tend to work most often from the method of ignoring any ritualistic writing for long periods of time, and then I'll spend three straight weeks writing for 12 hours a day and just going through the motions with my worldly business because the compulsion to write descends upon me like a kind of madness. I don't mean to be dramatic, but it feels that way when it strikes. ~ Kevin Keck
12 quotes by Kevin Keck
When I worked at Microsoft, I got to go and visit a bunch of different companies. Probably a hundred different companies a year. You'd see all the different ways they'd work. The guys who did Ventura Publisher one day, and then United Airlines the next. You'd see the 12 guys in Texas doing Doom, and then you'd go see Aetna life insurance. ~ Gabe Newell
12 quotes by Gabe Newell
This is a game between players from 12 national sides, a game that if you have a friend in China, in Brazil, in Qatar ... in half the world he wants to watch. I was thinking of this game when I signed for Chelsea. ~ Luiz Felipe Scolari
12 quotes by Luiz Felipe Scolari
The Word of God seems to be the only offensive weapon which you have in your spiritual armory. It is quite powerful, and in the words of Hebrews 4:12, "It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword" (NLT). You make use of this weapon when you speak God's Word to the Enemy concerning the situation you face. ~ Pedro Okoro
12 quotes by Pedro Okoro
12.2 The Basis for the CBAM ~ Len Bass
12 quotes by Len Bass
Jesus in the Temple of God in Jerusalem

Matthew 21

12: AND JESUS WENT INTO THE TEMPLE OF GOD, AND CAST OUT ALL THEM THAT SOLD AND BOUGHT IN THE TEMPLE, AND OVERTHROW THE TABLES OF THE MONEY-CHANGERS, AND THE SEATS OF THEM THAT SOLD DOVES

Rebellion is individual. It comes out of the truth of one being.

Revolutions are organized, but you can not organize a rebellion.

Revolutions becomes establishment, and then they fail.

Rebellion comes out of the truth and authenticity of one being's heart.

Revolution is organized and political, rebellion is spiritual.

A revolution is of the future, rebellion is here and now.

In revolution, you try to change others, in rebellion you change yourself.

Jesus is a rebel.

Christianity is the organized religion, which appeared after Jesus was murdered.

Christianity is established by the same establishment that Jesus rebelled against.

Jesus is a rebel, who lived out of his own love, truth and understanding.

AND HE SAID TO THEM, IT IS WRITTEN, MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED THE HOUSE OF PRAYER

Jesus entered the temple of God in Jerusalem, and saw that the temple had been destryed. It was not a house of prayer.

People were not meditating, people were not praying. The temple was no longer the abode of God.

Priests have always been against God. The talk about God, but they are ~ Swami Dhyan Giten
12 quotes by Swami Dhyan Giten
When I was 12, I first made the decision to go vegetarian after a co-star's line 'I don't eat anything with a face' suddenly shocked me into reality. ~ Renee Olstead
12 quotes by Renee Olstead
A person who says "every person has a right to a decent education" may not actually mean "people should be robbed to support bad schools" or "all children should be forced into a prison-like building for 12 years. ~ Jeffrey Tucker
12 quotes by Jeffrey Tucker
Profits Quotes «
» 12 01 It Rhymes With Witch Quotes