11 Laws Of Likability Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 11 Laws Of Likability.

Quotes About 11 Laws Of Likability

Enjoy collection of 57 11 Laws Of Likability quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 11 Laws Of Likability. Righ click to see and save pictures of 11 Laws Of Likability quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Sharing what is real about you is the key to building real relationships with others ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
Repay kindnesses and generosity bestowed upon you by continuing the giving. Extend yourself freely to others to sustain the positive cycle of giving. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
Curiosity creates connections. ~ Michelle Tillis Lederman
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Michelle Tillis Lederman
We all talk to ourselves, and when we keep telling ourselves something we eventually begin to believe it. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
When you frame your actions around what you fear and what you think you can't do, those are the results you'll achieve. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
The glass is either half empty or half full, and remember that whatever your perspective, it is entirely your choice. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
It's not what you say, it's how you say it. ~ Michelle Tillis Lederman
Tapping into likability doesn't mean you have to be constantly perky and bright. It's about productive and authentic energy. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
Regardless of where you are in your career, listening is a skill that you must continue to work on. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
We all have that bully that appears on our shoulders, whispering nasty self-thoughts into our ears. On the opposite shoulder sits the cheerleader, the one who believes in our worth and reminds us of our successes, strengths, and goals. ~ Michelle Lederman, 11 Laws Of Likability
Communicating what we appreciate by saying nice things has powerful results for ourselves and those around us. ~ Michelle Tillis Lederman
If you jump to conclusions about someone based on limited, proscribed interactions, you close the door to the possibility of deepening your connection. ~ Michelle Tillis Lederman
What has happened here [aftermath of 9/11] is not war in its traditional sense. This is clearly a crime against humanity. War crimes are crimes which happen in war time. There is a confusion there. This is a crime against humanity because it is deliberate and intentional killing of large numbers of civilians for political or other purposes. That is not tolerable under the international systems. And it should be prosecuted pursuant to the existing laws. ~ Benjamin B. Ferencz
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Benjamin B. Ferencz
Until we reform our laws and until we fix the excesses of these old policies that we inherited in the post-9/11 era, we're not going to be able to put the security back in the NSA. ~ Edward Snowden
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Edward Snowden
The Jews understand that the blessing of wealth was dependant upon obedience to the law and covenant. The laws in the Torah, if followed, would bring blessings.5 The Tanakh says, "How joyful are those who fear the Lord and delight in obeying his commands ... they themselves will be wealthy." (NLT, Psalm 112:1, 3) "If they listen and obey God, they will be blessed with prosperity throughout their lives." (NLT, Job 36:11) ~ H.W. Charles
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by H.W. Charles
The morning after the 9/11 attacks...we began talking about the Twin Towers attack. Ruud shook his head sadly about it all. He said, "It's so weird, isn't it, all these people saying this has to do with Islam?"
I couldn't help myself...I blurted out, "But it *is* about Islam. This is based in belief. This is Islam."
Ruud said, "Ayaan, of course these people may have been Muslims, but they are a lunatic fringe. We have extremist Christians, too, who interpret the bible literally. Most Muslims do not believe these things. To say so is to disparage a faith which is the second largest religion in the world, and which is civilized, and peaceful."
I walked into the office thinking, "I have to wake these people up."...The Dutch had forgotten that it was possible for people to stand up and wage war, destroy property, imprison, kill, impose laws of virtue because of the call of God. That kind of religion hadn't been present in Holland for centuries. It was not a lunatic fringe who felt this way about America and the West. I knew that a vast mass of Muslims would see the attacks as justified retaliation against the infidel enemies of Islam. ~ Ayaan Hirsi Ali
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Ayaan Hirsi Ali
It's the opposite of people who live waiting for life to come to them. Then you're just a victim or you're a lottery winner, so I choose to live life with a plan or a goal. I lay out the steps to get there and then assess them constantly. But usually I only get a clear snapshot of my plan when I look in the rearview mirror and see what I did." - Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler

Excerpt From: Tony Horton. "The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life. ~ Tony Horton
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Tony Horton
Contrary to everything you've heard, the only options are not: Amnesty or deporting 11 million people. There's also the option of letting them stay in the shadows - or the same thing we've been doing for the last thirty years. Americans are under no moral obligation to grant amnesty to people who have broken our laws. "The moral thing to do" is usually defined as "following the law." The fact that Democrats want 30 million new voters is not a good enough reason to ignore the law and screw over American workers, as well as legal immigrants already here. How about Republicans try this: We're not giving you anything - not even half - because there's no reason to do so. ~ Ann Coulter
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Ann Coulter
The Creed for the Sociopathic Obsessive Compulsive (Peter's Laws)

1. If anything can go wrong, Fix it!!! (To hell with Murphy!!)
2. When given a choice - Take Both!!
3. Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
4. Start at the top, then work your way up.
5. Do it by the book... but be the author!
6. When forced to compromise, ask for more.
7. If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them.
8. If it's worth doing, it's got to be done right now.
9. If you can't win, change the rules.
10. If you can't change the rules, then ignore them.
11. Perfection is not optional.
12. When faced without a challenge, make one.
13. "No" simply means begin again at one level higher.
14. Don't walk when you can run.
15. Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a righteous attitude, a tolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary.
16. When in doubt: THINK!
17. Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
18. The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
19. The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
20. The best way to predict the future is to create it yourself!! ~ Peter Safar
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Peter Safar
We began the show by asking: Who did more for the world, Michael Milken or Mother Teresa?
This seems like a no-brainer. Milken is the greedy junk-bond king. One year, his firm paid him $550 million. Then he went to jail for breaking securities laws. Mother Teresa is the nun who spent her lifetime helping the poor and died without a penny. Her good deeds live on even after her death; several thousand sisters now continue the charities she began. At first glance, of course Mother Teresa did more for the world.
But it's not so simple. Milken's selfish pursuit of profit helped a lot of people, too. Think about it: By pioneering a new way for companies to raise money, Milken created millions of jobs. The ignorant media sneered at 'junk bonds', but Milken's innovative use of them meant exciting new ideas flourished.
We now make calls on a national cellular network established by a company called McCaw Cellular, which Milken financed. And our calls are cheaper because Milken's junk bonds financed MCI. CEO Bill McGowan simply couldn't get the money anywhere else. Without Milken, MCI wouldn't have grown from 11 to 50,000 employees. CNN's 24-hour news and Ted Turner's other left-wing ventures were made possible by Milken's 'junk'.
The world's biggest toy company, Mattel, the cosmetics company Revlon, and the supermarket giant Safeway were among many rescued from bankruptcy by Milken's junk bonds. He financed more than 3,000 companies, including what are now Barnes & ~ John Stossel
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by John Stossel
Since September 11 2001, editors in America have faced some excruciating choices, as the attempt to wage a war against a new kind of enemy sometimes strained the boundaries of our laws and values. ~ Bill Keller
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Bill Keller
All the natural movements of the soul are controlled by laws analogous to those of physical gravity. Grace is the only exception. Grace fills empty spaces, but it can only enter where there is a void to receive it, and it is grace itself which makes this void. The imagination is continually at work filling up all the fissures through which grace might pass. ~ Simone Weil
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Simone Weil
You have not had any privacy since the first day you owned your first cell phone. They can track everything. They can hear recordings of anything you have ever said on your cell. And read everything you ever read, and everything you ever typed. And see every location you've ever been to. That's just how cells work. Your privacy is a willful illusion. ~ Oliver Markus Malloy
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Oliver Markus Malloy
We have to enforce the laws we've already got, make sure that we're keeping guns out of the hands of criminals, those who are mentally ill. I also share a belief that weapons that were designed for soldiers in war theaters don't belong on our streets. And so what I'm trying to do is to get a broader conversation about how do we reduce the violence generally. ~ Barack Obama
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Barack Obama
There is another aspect of the marriage question to which Plato is a stranger. All the children born in his state are foundlings. It never occurred to him that the greater part of them, according to universal experience, would have perished. For children can only be brought up in families. There is a subtle sympathy between the mother and the child which cannot be supplied by other mothers, or by 'strong nurses one or more' (Laws). If Plato's 'pen' was as fatal as the Creches of Paris, or the foundling hospital of Dublin, more than nine-tenths of his children would have perished. There would have been no need to expose or put out of the way the weaklier children, for they would have died of themselves. ~ Plato
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Plato
The kind of man who wants the government to adopt and enforce his ideas is always the kind of man whose ideas are idiotic. ~ H.L. Mencken
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by H.L. Mencken
Rights are not a matter of numbers - and there can be no such thing, in law or in morality, as actions forbidden to an individual, but permitted to a mob. ~ Ayn Rand
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Ayn Rand
Because the various strands of hope for redemption converge on this single person, He becomes the unifying focus of all Scripture. Both "kingdom" and "covenant" unite under "Immanuel."
It is not "the" blood of the covenant that he administers, as does Moses. Instead, he solemnly declares "this is my blood of the covenant…" (Matt 26:28). As kingly covenant mediator, he does not administer merely the laws of the kingdom. It is Himself that he administers to the people. ~ O. Palmer Robertson
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by O. Palmer Robertson
I think this president has so badly abused his power, breached his trust in remarkable ways with our Congress, with the American people, has violated so many of our international treaty obligations, our Constitution, our domestic statutory laws, and has been responsible for ordering and condoning heinous human rights violations. We need to draw the line. ~ Rocky Anderson
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Rocky Anderson
In the first place, it would efface from everybody's
conscience the distinction between justice and injustice.
No society can exist unless the laws are respected to a cer-
tain degree, but the safest way to make them respected is
to make them respectable. When law and morality are in
contradiction to each other, the citizen finds himself in
the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense, or of
losing his respect for the law - two evils of equal magni-
tude, between which it would be difficult to choose. ~ Frederic Bastiat
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Frederic Bastiat
Christianity is part of the laws of England. ~ Matthew Hale
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Matthew Hale
The thing that happens is that politicians run on tough-on-crime rhetoric. You appeal to the public and say, 'Let's put more money into taller fences, tougher laws, tougher sentencing, handcuffs,' and where does that money come from? Well, immediately, it comes out of all the money needed for corrections. ~ Eugene Jarecki
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Eugene Jarecki
There is a brotherliness about a drinking person, which is coldly lacking in the straight and narrow enemies of drink; the difference between the two is more marked than nationality or belief: it is an opposite species altogether. It is against the unwritten laws of congeniality for them to mix. For me, a man who does not drink is distinctly indecent ... ~ Caitlin Thomas
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Caitlin Thomas
Action that comes from the feeling of inspiration is action that will produce good results, for you are allowing the Laws of Attraction of the Universe to carry you. ~ Esther Hicks
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Esther Hicks
The goal of liberalism is the peaceful cooperation of all men. It aims at peace among nations too. When there is private ownership of the means of production everywhere and when laws, the tribunals and the administration treat foreigners and citizens on equal terms, it is of little importance where a country's frontiers are drawn ... War no longer pays; there is no motive for aggression ... All nations can coexist peacefully. ~ Ludwig Von Mises
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Ludwig Von Mises
Freedom sees in religion the companion of its struggles and its triumphs, the cradle of its infancy, the divine source of its rights. It considers religion as the safeguard of mores; and mores as the guarantee of laws and the pledge of its duration. ~ Alexis De Tocqueville
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Alexis De Tocqueville
Extremism certainly sounds bad, and governments often try to make it sound worse by using the word terrorism in the same sentence. But the word has little meaning. There is no doctrine called extremism. When tyrants speak of extremists, they just mean people who are not in the mainstream - as the tyrants themselves are defining that mainstream at that particular moment. Dissidents of the twentieth century, whether they were resisting fascism or communism, were called extremists. Modern authoritarian regimes, such as Russia, use laws on extremism to punish those who criticize their policies. In this way the notion of extremism comes to mean virtually everything except what is, in fact, extreme: tyranny. ~ Timothy Snyder
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Timothy Snyder
His laws changed all of physics and astronomy. His laws made it possible to calculate the mass of the sun and planets. The way it's done is immensely beautiful. If you know the orbital period of any planet, say, Jupiter or the Earth and you know its distance to the Sun; you can calculate the mass of the Sun. Doesn't this sound like magic?

We can carry this one step further - if you know the orbital period of one of Jupiter's bright moons, discovered by Galileo in 1609, and you know the distance between Jupiter and that moon, you can calculate the mass of Jupiter. Therefore, if you know the orbital period of the moon around the Earth (it's 27.32 days), and you know the mean distance between the Earth and the moon (it's about 200,039 miles), then you can calculate to a high degree of accuracy the mass of the Earth.

… But Newton's laws reach far beyond our solar system. They dictate and explain the motion of stars, binary stars, star clusters, galaxies and even clusters of galaxies. And Newton's laws deserve credit for the 20th century discovery of what we call dark matter.

His laws are beautiful. Breathtakingly simple and incredibly powerful at the same time. They explain so much and the range of phenomena they clarify is mind boggling. By bringing together the physics of motion, of interaction between objects and of planetary movements, Newton brought a new kind of order to astronomical measurements, showing how, what had been a jumble of con ~ Walter Lewin
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Walter Lewin
Is the universe 'elegant,' as Brian Greene tells us? Not as far as I can tell, not the usual laws of particle physics, anyway. I think I might find the universal principles of String Theory most elegant - if I only knew what they were. ~ Leonard Susskind
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Leonard Susskind
[All phenomena] are equally susceptible of being calculated, and all that is necessary, to reduce the whole of nature to laws similar to those which Newton discovered with the aid of the calculus, is to have a sufficient number of observations and a mathematics that is complex enough. ~ Marquis De Condorcet
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Marquis De Condorcet
I therefore consider that in view of the Constitution and the laws, the Union is unbroken; and to the extent of my ability I shall take care, as the Constitution itself expressly enjoins upon me, that the laws of the Union be faithfully executed in all the States. ~ Abraham Lincoln
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Abraham Lincoln
People make the mistake of talking about 'natural laws.' There are no natural laws. There are only temporary habits of nature. ~ Alfred North Whitehead
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Alfred North Whitehead
It is a good thing she is on our side, is it not?"
Noah started, turning to confront the Demon who had appeared at his back with flawless silence and concealment.
"Jacob! You just took ten years off my life," Noah hissed.
"Only ten? I must be losing my touch." Jacob looked from Noah to the last place Legna had been standing. He nodded his head in her former direction. "What was that all about?"
"I have no idea, but I am beginning to feel like I am the only one who does not know what the hell is happening in his own damn house."
"Sorry state of affairs, seeing as how you are King and all," Jacob said, his lips twitching with amusement as Noah glared at him. "That is only my opinion, though. Perhaps I will ask my troublemaking wife for hers."
Noah had the grace to openly wince.
"You heard that, hmm?"
"And therefore . . ." Jacob prompted.
"She heard it, too," Noah concluded with comical pain. "Forgive me, Bella. I think I am just in a foul mood."
"She says she will forgive you as soon as she needs a babysitter."
"You know, I think you better go out there and enforce some of my laws before I begin to think of how many ways I can set your ass on fire," the King said meanly, the glare of his gaze all business.
"I would, but I am in need of Gideon. Where is he?"
"How should I know?" Noah asked grumpily, moving to the fire and sinking down into the only thing in the room that wasn't giving him grief: his favorite chair. ~ Jacquelyn Frank
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Jacquelyn Frank
But it so happens that everything on this planet is, ultimately, irrational; there is not, and cannot be, any reason for the causal connexion of things, if only because our use of the word "reason" already implies the idea of causal connexion. But, even if we avoid this fundamental difficulty, Hume said that causal connexion was not merely unprovable, but unthinkable; and, in shallower waters still, one cannot assign a true reason why water should flow down hill, or sugar taste sweet in the mouth. Attempts to explain these simple matters always progress into a learned lucidity, and on further analysis retire to a remote stronghold where every thing is irrational and unthinkable.

If you cut off a man's head, he dies. Why? Because it kills him. That is really the whole answer. Learned excursions into anatomy and physiology only beg the question; it does not explain why the heart is necessary to life to say that it is a vital organ. Yet that is exactly what is done, the trick that is played on every inquiring mind. Why cannot I see in the dark? Because light is necessary to sight. No confusion of that issue by talk of rods and cones, and optical centres, and foci, and lenses, and vibrations is very different to Edwin Arthwait's treatment of the long-suffering English language.

Knowledge is really confined to experience. The laws of Nature are, as Kant said, the laws of our minds, and, as Huxley said, the generalization of observed facts.

It is, t ~ Aleister Crowley
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Aleister Crowley
I was shocked to see that some of the very wealthiest people in the country have organised their tax affairs, and to be fair it's within the tax laws, so that they were regularly paying virtually no income tax. And I don't think that's right. ~ George Osborne
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by George Osborne
My whole theory for the improvement of society is based on a belief in the discipline and the education of the individual to self-control and right doing, for the sake of right doing. I have never seen fundamental improvements imposed from the top by ordinances and laws. ~ Ida Tarbell
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Ida Tarbell
The laws of the Islamic state would be derived first from the Koran. But since only about six hundred of its six thousand verses are concerned with law, and only about eighty of these deal directly with crime, punishments, contracts and family law, other sources also have to be consulted. The ~ Geraldine Brooks
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Geraldine Brooks
Science, as long as it limits itself to the descriptive study of the laws of nature, has no moral or ethical quality and this applies to the physical as well as the biological sciences. ~ Ernst Boris Chain
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Ernst Boris Chain
[...] The movement of the celestial bodies can be given as an example. It is not exactly circular, but elliptic; the ellipse constitutes as it were a first "specification" of the circle, by the splitting of the center into two poles or "foci" in the direction of one of the diameters which thereafter plays a special "axial" part, while at the same time all the other diameters are differentiated one from another in respect of their lengths. It may be added incidentally in this connection that, since the planets describe ellipses of which the sun occupies one of the foci, the question arises as to what the other focus corresponds to; as there is nothing corporeal actually there, there must be something belonging only to the subtle order; but that question cannot be further examined here, as it would be quite outside our subject. ~ Rene Guenon
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Rene Guenon
They say that to do injustice is, by nature, good; to suffer injustice, evil, but that the evil is greater than the good. And so when men have both done and suffered injustice and have had experience of both, not being able to avoid the one and obtain the other, they think that they had better agree among themselves to have neither; hence there arise laws and mutual covenants, and that which is ordained by law is termed by them lawful and just. This they affirm to be the origin and nature of justice, it is a mean or compromise, between the best of all, which is to do injustice and not be punished, and the worst of all, which is to suffer injustice without the power of retaliation, and justice, being at a middle point between the two, is tolerated not as a good, but as the lesser evil, and honored by reason of the inability of me to do injustice. For no man who is worthy to be called a man would ever submit to such an agreement if he were able to resist; he would be mad if he did. ~ Plato
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Plato
I do not want to return to the Ukraine of the 1990s and the time of privatization. Ninety-eight percent of Ukrainian companies obey the laws. ~ Viktor Yushchenko
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Viktor Yushchenko
I am declaring this vessel in violation of laws and standards," Avasarala said. "Cotyar, you're witness to that." "As you say, ma'am." "All right, then. Bobbie. Get me control of this fucking ship. ~ James S.A. Corey
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by James S.A. Corey
All of us can make changes, but the changes that are most needed are not light bulbs and windows but laws and policies and treaties. So, yes, we are in a phase of this (climate protection) struggle where civic and political action is at the top of the list. ~ Al Gore
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Al Gore
Anytime you live in a society supposedly based upon law and it doesn't enforce its own laws because the color of a man's skin happens to be wrong, then I say those people are justified to resort to any means necessary to bring about justice when the government can't give them justice. ~ Malcolm X
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Malcolm X
All that the Lord requires of us is strict obedience to the laws of life. All the sacrifice that the Lord asks of his people is strict obedience to our own covenants that we have made with our God, and that is to serve him with an undivided heart. ~ Brigham Young
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Brigham Young
If you have to make laws to hurt a group of people just to prove your morals and faith, then you have no true morals or faith to prove. ~ George Takei
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by George Takei
If these laws [in the Bible] belonged to any other ancient culture we would approach them very differently. We need not bother to reject the code of Hammurabi. Presumably it is because Moses is still felt to make some claim on us that this project of discrediting his law is persisted in with such energy. The unscholarly character of the project may derive from the supposed familiarity of the subject. ~ Marilynne Robinson
11 Laws Of Likability quotes by Marilynne Robinson
11 379 Quotes «
» Communication Quotes