101 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 101.

Quotes About 101

Enjoy collection of 100 101 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 101. Righ click to see and save pictures of 101 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

I have tried to find a configuration of comfort for you. A word, a sentence, a paragraph that would make you feel better, validated, vindicated, justified in your needs and wants. (...) You are not alone in this need for more, or in falling prey to the sway of expectation. Every person the world over has a ideal. These quintessential assumptions affect every relationship we cultivate, be it family, friendships or even romantic bonds. The truth of the matter is that we cannot hold people to our pie-in-the-sky notions. ~ Tamara Thiel
101 quotes by Tamara Thiel
So, you want to be in a relationship and you're tired of being single, right? But let me ask you an important question: Do you have a healthy relationship with yourself? I get it! Everybody wants to be in love and feel loved, but trust me, SELF-LOVE is far more important. How is YOUR mind, YOUR body, YOUR spirit? Listen, it's okay to be single! You may not want to be single, but sometimes it's best. Learn to commit to yourself, first. Be good to yourself, take care of yourself, and love yourself! You've got to like and love who YOU are before you can give your very best to that special someone. Don't be in a rush and don't be desperate. Work on yourself first and be at peace. ~ Stephanie Lahart
101 quotes by Stephanie Lahart
Look at the commercial and industrial development that is going on along the 101. A lot of the infrastructure - the sewer lines and drainage that make development possible - was put in during the freeway construction. ~ David Schweikert
101 quotes by David Schweikert
Don't talk yourself into falling in love with someone. Either, you are in love or you are not. True love is not a choice. It is something you know in your heart when all guilt, doubt and fear are removed. ~ Shannon L. Alder
101 quotes by Shannon L. Alder
So for Magic Problem-Solving 101, we headed to the training room and blew stuff up. ~ Rick Riordan
101 quotes by Rick Riordan
When a man plays with your heart it is for one of two reasons: He knows he can or he is undecided. ~ Shannon L. Alder
If you truly loved someone and they couldn't be in your life you won't hurt them. You will pray for them. You will hope that they find their happiness and place in this world. You will want them to have the best life because love isn't about possession, fear or desperation. When you have a grasp on eternity you don't need to feel time is running out. Time is all you have. Love isn't a game of musical chairs--grab a partner and sit down. It is a search for the right fit for your soul and life purpose. In a life that never ends you will either find the one that sees you as much as you see them, 0r who knows? Maybe, if there are such things as soulmates, God will introduce you, but keep you far enough apart, until each of you fulfill something more important for your growth or God's plan. Regardless, when you can face eternity alone you will know what true love is and that letting go is not an insult to your soul. You can smile because the person you loved has your blessings of protection with them and God has your best interest also in mind. You will find that person to complete you because God wants you to, as much as you do. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Don't they teach y'all anythin' in school these days?"

She frowned. Apparently they needed to improve the current How To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse 101 courses. ~ Amy Cook
101 quotes by Amy Cook
My father finally died a month before he turned 101, his license ~ Nicholas Sparks
101 quotes by Nicholas Sparks
You flunked out of Being a Human 101 but aced Assholery III? The sarcastic sneer on her lovely lips was sexy as fuck and I couldn't help laughing at the witty comeback. ~ Raine Miller
101 quotes by Raine Miller
There are so many losses already, and there will be may more. Renewed generative flourishing cannot grow from myths of immortality or failure to become-with the dead and the extinct. (101) ~ Donna J. Haraway
101 quotes by Donna J. Haraway
You will know you are in love when it doesn't matter if you sit in heaven or hell with that special someone just as long as they can make you laugh, while you put out the fires. ~ Shannon L. Alder
As cliche as it sounds you complete me and I complete you ~ James D. Wilson
101 quotes by James D. Wilson
It was one thing to jack off. It was another thing to jack off and not secure your shit before you opened a goddamned door. That was like, Puberty 101. Or Being a Guy 101. Or Basic Fucking Common Sense 101. ~ Laura Kaye
101 quotes by Laura Kaye
Picture this broad: 22 going on 18. Half the guys in my class would have given their left testicle to date her. This cupcake is the guidance counselor the principal has assigned me. Miss Boyle is her name. We all call her "Miss Bubbly Water." Imagine the teasing I have to endure from my friends. Not to mention what it's like, sitting across from this Barbie Doll every Thursday afternoon, watching her cross and uncross her legs, while she's lecturing me about - get this: "staying focused." Right! My pants are on fire, and she's handing me a crash course in Psych 101! ~ Ted Gargiulo
101 quotes by Ted Gargiulo
Why did God want us to remember these painful stories? I could only think of one reason. Having faith is more than just believing; it's about living with fear and self-doubt and working through those feelings until they bring some sort of answer.
-page 101, Chapter "Hajj ~ Zarqa Nawaz
101 quotes by Zarqa Nawaz
If you wanna find out 101 things to do with plums, heh, read your in-flight magazine. ~ David Cross
101 quotes by David Cross
Don't ever feel bad that someone couldn't give you all of their heart. Be grateful that you can take the least complicated part of their soul with you, wherever you go. This is more than some people will ever have. ~ Shannon L. Alder
We don't yet have a body of scientific knowledge about evil to be called a facet of psychology. Therefore, religious reasoning for actions will always be at the discretion of the psychologist, thus making them the judge and jury over what is delusion and what is a spiritual experience that has to be sedated. ~ Shannon L. Alder
One of the quietest revolutions in Religion 101 follows a student's recognition that he or she has a worldview, a particular way of viewing reality that it is not the only way. A worldview is a wave, but not the entire ocean. ~ Barbara Brown Taylor
101 quotes by Barbara Brown Taylor
Empowered Women 101: Real women don't tell the world or elude to it on Pinterest, Facebook or any other social media platform that they are in an awful relationship. It is disrespectful to the person you say you love. Plus, it is self abusive to yourself. Ask yourself these questions: What if everyone you knew read it? Would your significant other be upset or humiliated? Why are you posting it (pity, anxiety, fear, desperateness, inmaturity)? And why do you want people to know? ~ Shannon L. Alder
Life is a constant battle of fighting your own fears and not absorbing others. Don't fill the empty spaces of your heart with the fears of others in your life. It is the highly anxious person that will tell you that certain people and experiences need to be labeled and kept either close or at a distance. They go to great lengths to categorize things, in order to feel balance in their life because they are out of balance. Life to them is about control and making you believe that their perfect world is normal when there is nothing normal about it. Highly anxious people live through manipulating their world into what is easy and palatable to them and they can easily pull you into an unrealistic view of the world around them. You constantly have to reassess what is reasonable and what is over exaggerated because fear drives their every action. ~ Shannon L. Alder
It is better to be alone then to be in a relationship, while you are trying to figure out what love means to you. ~ Shannon L. Alder
I'm really going to freak out if I don't get into Histrionics 101. And if I get in, I'll also freak out. ~ Jarod Kintz
101 quotes by Jarod Kintz
Room 101,' he said. ~ George Orwell
101 quotes by George Orwell
When love and duty are one then grace is within your soul. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Turning one hundred was the worst birthday of my life. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Turning 101 was not so bad. Once you're past that century mark, it's just not as shocking. ~ Annie Elizabeth Delany
101 quotes by Annie Elizabeth Delany
The long poem of walking manipulates spatial organizations, no matter how panoptic they may be: it is neither foreign to them (it can take place only within them) nor in conformity with them (it does not receive its identity from them). It creates shadows and ambiguities within them. It inserts its multitudinous references and citations into them (social models, cultural mores, personal factors). Within them it is itself the effect of successive encounters and occasions that constantly alter it and make it the other's blazon: in other words, it is like a peddler carrying something surprising, transverse or attractive compared with the usual choice. These diverse aspects provide the basis of a rhetoric. They can even be said to define it. ~ Michel De Certeau
101 quotes by Michel De Certeau
The most exciting part of finding out who we are is discovering our own uniqueness, who we are outside the box, beyond the categories in a Psychology 101 textbook. In our inimitable singularity, there is an infinite range of possibility that cannot be tied to any one description of what it means to be human or healthy. ~ David Richo
101 quotes by David Richo
Historically, large-scale global trade has served two functions: 1) the exchange of goods between willing sellers and buyers described in Econ 101 textbooks; 2) as a tool of state aggrandizement, in which the private parties are stand-ins for governmental interests. ~ Charles C. Mann
101 quotes by Charles C. Mann
Jon, Julie, and the others in the elite course, who had been devastated to miss Falling Out of Trees with Jace Herondale 101, all stared over as if ready to leap up and save Jace from the bad company he'd fallen into, carry him away in a litter made of chocolate and roses, and bear his children. ~ Cassandra Clare
101 quotes by Cassandra Clare
I type a 101 words a minute. But it's in my own language. ~ Mitch Hedberg
101 quotes by Mitch Hedberg
But we would do well to meditate daily, rather as the religious do on their God, on the 9.5 trillion kilometres which comprise a single light year, or perhaps on the luminosity of the largest known star in our galaxy, Eta Carinae, 7,500 light years distant, 400 times the size of the sun and 4 million times as bright. We should punctuate our calendars with celebrations in honour of VY Canis Majoris, a red hypergiant in the constellation Canis Major, 5,000 light years from earth and 2,100 times bigger than our sun. Nightly – perhaps after the main news bulletin – we might observe a moment of silence in order to contemplate the 200 to 400 billion stars in our galaxy, the 100 billion galaxies and the 3 septillion stars in the universe. Whatever their value may be to science, the stars are in the end no less valuable to mankind as solutions to our megalomania, self-pity and anxiety. To answer our need to be repeatedly connected through our senses to ideas of transcendence, we should insist that a percentage of all prominently positioned television screens on public view be hooked up to live feeds from the transponders of our extraplanetary telescopes. We would then be able to ensure that our frustrations, our broken hearts, our hatred of those who haven't called us and our regrets over opportunities that have passed us by would continuously be rubbed up against, and salved by, images of galaxies such as Messier 101, a spiral structure which sits towards the bottom left corner of t ~ Alain De Botton
101 quotes by Alain De Botton
My favorite drive is Highway 101 in California between Los Angeles and San Luis Obispo. I love the 101; Highway 1 is too windy, and 5 is too boring - the 101 is just right. It's like the Mama Bear of scenic drives. ~ Art Alexakis
101 quotes by Art Alexakis
Good sex is about knowing each other's deepest and kinkiest desires. ~ Abhijit Naskar
101 quotes by Abhijit Naskar
On the rare occasions when I spend a night in Oxford, the keeping of the hours by the clock towers in New College, and Merton, and the great booming of Tom tolling 101 times at 9 pm at Christ Church are inextricably interwoven with memories and regrets and lost joys. The sound almost sends me mad, so intense are the feelings it evokes. ~ A. N. Wilson
101 quotes by A. N. Wilson
To maximize what you get out of your college experience, I want your friends to look at your semester schedule and say "this is the weirdest schedule I've ever seen!"
Trust me on this one. If you want to be an engineer, take Engineering 101, and a crash course in philosophical literature. then take Engineering 102, and art appreciation. then Engineering 103, and Intro to Women's Rights.
You will expand your knowledge and ways of looking at the world, and become a more powerful person for it. Because that way, when you encounter difficulties, you won't only tackle the problem from the point of view of an engineer. Anybody can do that. You will be able to look at it as a scientist, a philosopher, an artist, and choose the best course of action from there. ~ Anonymous
101 quotes by Anonymous
How hard did the different groups work? In line with the ethos of market norms, those who received five dollars dragged on average 159 circles, and those who received 50 cents dragged on average 101 circles. As expected, more money caused our participants to be more motivated and work harder (by about 50 percent). What about the condition with no money? Did these participants work less than the ones who got the low monetary payment - or, in the absence of money, did they apply social norms to the situation and work harder? The results showed that on average they dragged 168 circles, much more than those who were paid 50 cents, and just slightly more than those who were paid five dollars. In ~ Dan Ariely
101 quotes by Dan Ariely
B-T-W," Heather said. "What's with the death wish?"
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm talking about provoking the wicked witch of the west. You look old? Are you trying to get us both killed?"
"She does look old. Or at least, older than she used to."
"It doesn't matter! Two things you never comment on when it comes to girls: their age and their weight. That's male survival 101. Come on! ~ Chelsea Fine
101 quotes by Chelsea Fine
Communists then, dopers now, tomorrow, who knew, maybe the faggots, so what, it was all the same beef wasn't it? Anybody looking like a normal American but living a secret life was always good for a pop if times got slow- easy and cost-effective, that was simple Law Enforcement 101. ~ Thomas Pynchon
101 quotes by Thomas Pynchon
Empowering Women 101: Know the difference between real love and a person that is with you because it is easy and convenient. A real woman doesn't live in the fantasy that he just all of a sudden knew you were the one and no one else believes that either. Be willing to settle and accept the situation or work on it. However, don't sit in denial and pretend going through hell in a relationship was required before he saw your worth. He should have known from the beginning. ~ Shannon L. Alder
It's only a problem until you ignore it. Come on, that's Politics 101. ~ Jarod Kintz
101 quotes by Jarod Kintz
There are 101 websites out there for debate - this was a blatant last attempt to get someone to stand against Gordon Brown. ~ Diane Abbott
101 quotes by Diane Abbott
Many of those who refer to Orwell seem not to have read much more than Animal Farm and Nineteen-Eighty-Four, if those. The millions who have heard of Big Brother and Room 101 know nothing of their progenitor. ~ Peter Davidson
101 quotes by Peter Davidson
Here's one secret no one will tell you about getting laid after a date. DON'T TALK. Most girls blame either their looks or excessive timidity for their virginity. This is only true to an extent. These girls are also horribly annoying."
- Aurelia Nichols & Jillie Bean, 101 Tips to Lose Your Virginity after 25 ~ Camilla Monk
101 quotes by Camilla Monk
Alchemy 101 turning nothing into something ~ Jill Telford
101 quotes by Jill Telford
I was an avid anime watcher until I was about 10, when I moved to manga. I think I am influenced by Osamu Tezuka's and Walt Disney's works which I watched during that time, such as Tetsuwan Atom and 101 Dalmatians. ~ Akira Toriyama
101 quotes by Akira Toriyama
If you can't afford to give your child the right to pursue their dreams, you have no right to breed. ~ Abhijit Naskar
The NFL determines your worth as a player, but only God knows your true worth. Players work long and hard through pain and suffering, injuries, and pushing themselves further than they imagined going - then poof ! A dream is gone. That kind of treatment can really mess with one's self worth. Getting cut can be deemed a failure, the loss of a lifetime goal.
Thankfully, as Christians our worth is not determined by mistakes we've made, either accidentally or by stupid stuff we've purposely done. Neither is it determined by what anyone else thinks. Our worth is determined by what Jesus Christ has already done. ~ Jake Byrne
101 quotes by Jake Byrne
The end of my marriage meant the end of fighting for something I believed in: my commitment to God to stay faithfully married until death, no matter the circumstances. ~ Jen Grice
101 quotes by Jen Grice
Our primitive ancestors learnt various behavioral characteristics like jealousy, possessiveness and aggression to ensure the survival of their wild love life in the harsh environment of Mother Nature. And all those behavioral responses eventually got engraved in our genetic blueprint. So, these are not the enemies in the path of a healthy relationship, rather when utilized properly they can even kindle the spark in a dying relationship. ~ Abhijit Naskar
Bryce smiled, all cocky fucking grin, leaned forward and kissed him. "Cocksucking 101 is about to start." *** ~ Riley Hart
101 quotes by Riley Hart
Those called by Christ's name should order their lives. They should persevere in prayers and supplications and, in imitation of the angels, have their eyes lifted up to the Master above the heavens, praising and blessing Him with irreproachable conduct, and waiting for His mystical Coming. As the Psalmist says to Him, 'I will sing and will behave myself wisely in a perfect way. O when wilt Thou come unto me?' (Ps. 101:2). ~ Gregory Palamas
101 quotes by Gregory Palamas
Always stick to the story. It was when you started backtracking that people got in trouble. Interrogation 101. ~ Nicholas Sparks
101 quotes by Nicholas Sparks
For, what is the purpose of true love, other than to rescue another from one's self? Why is that not the first thing we look for? ~ Shannon L. Alder
Empowered Women 101: Everyone wants to be a princess, but you weren't the first princess in his life. They scrubbed his floors, washed his workout clothes, picked up his dirty socks and dealt with his issues. Always remember that history leaves a pattern of what to expect. A real woman knows that the bible is a motivator, but the real instruction manual is observing the last woman's struggle. ~ Shannon L. Alder
The artificial primacy of defense among our national priorities is a constant unearned windfall for some, but it's privation for the rest of America; it steals from what we could be and can do. In Econ 101, they teach that the big-picture fight over national priorities is guns versus butter. Now it's butter versus margarine - guns get a pass.
Overall, we're weaker for it, and at enormous cost. ~ Rachel Maddow
101 quotes by Rachel Maddow
Never believe someone cares for you because of other people's reactions. Sometimes you have to drown out the noise from the crowd, in order to figure out if there is a song playing between the two of you or simply annoying static that you thought was a tune. ~ Shannon L. Alder
I wish there had been a music business 101 course I could have taken. ~ Kurt Cobain
101 quotes by Kurt Cobain
Empowered Women 101: If he can't tell other women that he is happily married and acts in a way that suggests he isn't fully committed then he isn't happy. He is keeping his foot in the door for a better opportunity should it not work out with you. Real women don't need to investigate. They invest in their self confidence and worth by not allowing their man to disrespect them. They are not afraid to ask themselves the tough questions: Why am I letting this man humiliate me and value me less than others? Why have I allowed myself to become a doormat? ~ Shannon L. Alder
[The way I work] is like driving a car at night: you never see further than your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way.

(The Paris Review, Winter 1986, No. 101) ~ E.L. Doctorow
101 quotes by E.L. Doctorow
Inside of you is your love, not beside you. She is just there to remind you of where you placed her heart. ~ Shannon L. Alder
You are such a fag hag. They should have a class just for you, call it Man Porn 101. ~ Brandon Shire
101 quotes by Brandon Shire
'Perfect competition' is considered both the ideal and the default state in Economics 101. So-called perfectly competitive markets achieve equilibrium when producer supply meets consumer demand. ~ Peter Thiel
101 quotes by Peter Thiel
In a relationship, prudent application of the gray theory is a key ingredient in assuring years of happiness; "till death do us part". Balance is at the center of success, satisfaction and a lifetime of love. ~ Carlos Wallace
101 quotes by Carlos Wallace
I couldn't believe Liberty actually had a course that teaches students how to condemn homosexuals and combat feminism. GNED II is the class a liberal secularist would invent if he were trying to satirize a Liberty education. It's as if Brown offered a course called Godless Hedonism 101: How to Smoke Pot, Cross-dress, and Lose Your Morals. ~ Kevin Roose
101 quotes by Kevin Roose
Empowered Women 101: Only an insecure woman with control issues will look outside her relationship and say other people are to blame for her husband's lack of focus, love and respect. A real woman knows that the problem isn't other people; it is her man. If he truly loved you he wouldn't have ever made you an option and went looking for what he felt you didn't have. Don't waste your time trying to convince someone to see your worth by destroying others. There will always be someone prettier, smarter, more spiritual and more accomplished than you to distract this person. A real woman knows her worth and will never have to train anyone to recognize it. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Empowering Women 101: If a normal man wants you he will let you know. You won't have to guess. He will move mountains to bring you into his life. If he is abnormal he will string you along, drop a trail of crumbs and clues for you to follow, in order to keep you guessing. This type of man desires you, but doesn't value you. ~ Shannon L. Alder
A relationship is so much easier when you make a conscious decision to accept that you only have each other. That said, problems with your mate should only be discussed within the confines of your union. ~ Carlos Wallace
101 quotes by Carlos Wallace
Marriage is the beginning of love for your spouse, not the result of it. ~ Shannon L. Alder
I've got a lot to learn. I've got 101 books sitting by my bedside - piles of books - absolutely gripped. ~ Andrew Morton
101 quotes by Andrew Morton
The only healthy marriages that survive are the ones where two people became best friends and learned how to rescue one another, over and over again. ~ Shannon L. Alder
The definition of hell is two people in a relationship that is starved for love and unable to fulfill that need. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Some people need significance more than they need another person. Change will only happen in a relationship when you realize it is not the person, but the "emotion" you desire. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Instead of living in monasteries, committing their lives in service to themselves and their own salvation, or living in castles, commanding the world to mirror the kingdom of Christ, Luther argues, believers should love and serve their neighbors through their vocations in the world, where their neighbors need them.101 God does not need our good works, but our neighbor does. ~ Michael S. Horton
101 quotes by Michael S. Horton
I don't know about you, but where I went to school, Money Management 101 wasn't offered. Instead we learned about the War of 1812, which of course is something I use every single day. ~ T. Harv Eker
101 quotes by T. Harv Eker
Empowered Women 101: A man doesn't have to put down other women to prove his love for you. In fact, why would you teach him to be less than Christlike, in order to show his devotion? Real women don't need the people in their life to lower others, in order to raise them up. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Room 101" said the officer.
The man's face, already very pale, turned a color Winston would not have believed possible. It was definitely, unmistakably, a shade of green.
"Do anything to me!" he yelled. "You've been starving me for weeks. Finish it off and let me die. Shoot me. Hang me. Sentence me to twenty-five years. Is there somebody else you want me to give away? Just say who it is and I'll tell you anything you want. I don't care who it is or what you do to them. I've got a wife and three children. The biggest of them isn't six years old. You can take the whole lot of them and cut their throats in front of my eyes, and I'll stand by and watch it. But not room 101!"
"Room 101" said the officer. ~ George Orwell
101 quotes by George Orwell
I say I have made it a rule not to preach. However, anyone who is 101 has earned the right to break her own rules. Once in a while, at least. And so, I am going to give you one piece of advice. Pause once a day and relish the moment. Look around. Notice the colours, the smells and the sounds. Take them in, for that moment will pass and no one can say what the next moment will bring. I know this better than most. ~ Bill Richardson
101 quotes by Bill Richardson
If you have to be told how you should feel then those feelings are not strong enough to make you feel alive; they become rules that don't fit your life script. Not every person will place the same importance as you do on one of the six human needs: certainty, variety, significance, connection/love, growth or contributions. When you know what is most important for yourself and learn to recognize what need is the most important to others, then you can begin to unlock the real reason behind conflict. ~ Shannon L. Alder
I waited for the seasons of love to pass from this cold winter to the summer heat I dreamed of. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Rom. [To Juliet.] If I profane with my unworthiest hand97 This holy shrine, the gentle sin is this; My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand To smooth that rough touch with a tenderkiss. Jul. Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,101 Which mannerly devotion shows in this; For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch, And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.104 Rom. Have not saints lips, and holy palmers too? Jul. Ay, pilgrim, lips that they must use in prayer. Rom. O! then, dear saint, let lips do what hands do; They pray, grant thou, lest faith turn to despair.108 Jul. Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake. Rom. Then move not, while my prayers' effect I take. Thus from my lips, by thine, my sin is purg'd. [Kissing her. Jul. Then have my lips the sin that they have took.112 Rom. Sin from my lips? O trespass sweetly urg'd! Give me my sin again. Jul. You kiss by the book. ~ William Shakespeare
101 quotes by William Shakespeare
At first the brain weighs a potential partner, and if the partner fits our ancestral wish list, we get a spike in the release of sex chemicals that makes us dizzy with a rush of unavoidable infatuation. It's the first step down the primeval path of pair-bonding. ~ Abhijit Naskar
Life is all about practicing for heaven." p 101. ~ Richard Rohr
101 quotes by Richard Rohr
And to celebrate I will create a series of masterpieces showing how wrong-headed and primitive you and your ideologies are, and it is this that will pave the way to the new truth! As the artist, everyone will pay attention to me, while without a body of art to speak for you... no one will ever even remember your name!" Monsters 101, Book Ten: Class Dismissed ~ Muhammad Rasheed
101 quotes by Muhammad Rasheed
It's time to take Economics 101 to Washington. We believe in liberty, we believe in limited government, we believe in free enterprise, we believe in family values and the sanctity of human life, and we all believe Washington needs a good dose of Economics 101. ~ Kurt Bills
101 quotes by Kurt Bills
Once a baby is born, the parents have around one and a half decades to build his or her character and fill the mind with vigour and virtues. ~ Abhijit Naskar
I didn't know how to deal with success. If there was a Rock Star 101, I would have liked to take it. It might have helped me. ~ Kurt Cobain
101 quotes by Kurt Cobain
It's just economics 101: When it's free to pollute, you get more pollution. But when there's a price to pay, industry will have an incentive to find low-cost carbon solutions. ~ Fred Krupp
101 quotes by Fred Krupp
Your boyfriend spent the night sleeping outside your door. I haven't decided if that's romantic or creepy yet. Maybe both. ~ Amanda Hocking
101 quotes by Amanda Hocking
Listen. You're a hell of a good guy, and I'm fonder of you than anybody on earth. I couldn't tell you that in New York. It'd mean I was a faggot. That was what the Civil War was about. Abraham Lincoln was a faggot. He was in love with General Grant. So was Jefferson Davis. Lincoln just freed the slaves on a bet. The Dred Scott case was framed by the Anti-Saloon League. Sex explains it all. The Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady are Lesbians under their skin. (101) ~ Ernest Hemingway
101 quotes by Ernest Hemingway
Is Understatement 101 a course in medical school?"
"Of course. It's the prereq for Lying Through One's Teeth. ~ Jodi Picoult
101 quotes by Jodi Picoult
101 Reasons why its great to be a woman:
We have an excuse to justify an inordinate indulgence in bitchiness: It's clearly feminine intuition. ~ Summersdale Publishers
101 quotes by Summersdale Publishers
God has a plan and guess what? The plan is to stop waiting for him to do everything for you. The person you want in your life is not a sign. Not a clue. Not a wish. Not a prayer. Not a tarot card or a matter of timing. It is work. It is devotion, and like any dream if you want it then God will open doors for you to obtain it. You just have to stop setting the bar so low that everything below is a sign from God and everything above is asking too much. ~ Shannon L. Alder
Trying to figure out why Radley's such a horse's butt is all."

"It's a course we take at the academy," that deep voice said from beside her.

She looked up to see Radley's dark eyes staring down at her. Her face flushed before she could prevent it.

"Being a Horse's Ass 101. I got an A+. ~ Trish Milburn
101 quotes by Trish Milburn
The outrageous madonna/whore duality that we mock in Women's Studies 101 has its subtle, and very insidious, expression in the good/bad mother paradigm that we grapple with every day of our lives. ~ Shannon Drury
101 quotes by Shannon Drury
Saudi hijackers first came into contact with al-Qaeda and went through Terrorism 101 when they signed up for the jihad in Afghanistan. ~ Thomas Friedman
101 quotes by Thomas Friedman
Now lend me your ears. Here is Creative Writing 101:

1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things - reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them - in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.

The greatest American short story writer of my generation was Flannery O'Connor (1925-1964). She broke practically every one of my rules but the first. Great writers tend to do that. ~ Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
101 quotes by Kurt Vonnegut Jr.
You may be the only guy my age I've ever met who knows what bergamot is, much less that it's in Earl Grey tea." "Yes, well," Jace said, with a supercilious look, "I'm not like other guys. Besides," he added, flipping a book off the shelf, "at the Institute we have to take classes in basic medicinal uses for plants. It's required." "I figured all your classes were stuff like Slaughter 101 and Beheading for Beginners." Jace flipped a page. "Very funny, Fray. ~ Cassandra Clare
101 quotes by Cassandra Clare
As every student in Philosophy 101 learns, nothing can force me to believe that anyone except me is conscious. This power to deny that other people have feelings is not just an academic exercise but an all-too-common vice, as we see in the long history of human cruelty. ~ Steven Pinker
101 quotes by Steven Pinker
Positivepakistan Quotes «
» Pedestrianism Quotes