100 Years Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 100 Years.

Quotes About 100 Years

Enjoy collection of 100 100 Years quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 100 Years. Righ click to see and save pictures of 100 Years quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Women's evolution unfolded through stages in the last 100 years. The first stage was "Wonder Woman," an idealized figure who functioned like ~ Sylvia Becker-Hill
100 Years quotes by Sylvia Becker-Hill
Fact is, the first 100 years of our country's history were about who could build the biggest, most efficient farm. And the second century focused on the race to build factories. Welcome to the third century, folks. The third century is about ideas. ~ Seth Godin
100 Years quotes by Seth Godin
In some countries we have had the right to vote for less than 100 years, so the entry of women into political leadership has caused a tsunami. ~ Iveta Radicova
100 Years quotes by Iveta Radicova
Most conservatives just want to turn back the clock to a time before the income tax - 100 years or so. I would like to turn the clock back thousands of years to a time when people lived in small communities and took care of each other. ~ Pete Seeger
100 Years quotes by Pete Seeger
The greed manifests us in many shapes,
The high rise building,
a big house ,
deforestation,
no land to grow and
no land to feed our own,
Our very own People !

The money was deadly than any plague,
People bought and sold people
like a commodity !
and then ,
They divided us ,
according to our flawed faith.....
The stench of ignorance fills the air,
nestling at the base of our cortex .

I refuse to be conquered !

The agenda was all clear from the start,
Prospect of the land;
they would rather see us disappear,
Sold for seventy five lac a 100 years back,
It's seventy five million wounds and every day to cry !!

We are a " numb nation "
We are a " slave nation "
&
I refuse to be conquered !!! ~ BinYamin Gulzar
100 Years quotes by BinYamin Gulzar
Not only have I made films about the subject, but I've largely funded them on my own, so I'm fully committed to doing whatever I can to change the audience's respect and appreciation for the ocean. In 100 years I want whales, dolphins and sharks to still be around, and the ocean to be a healthier place. ~ Greg MacGillivray
100 Years quotes by Greg MacGillivray
Some say that now that 50 years have passed, we would like another 50 more years to celebrate once again; that means it will be 100 years. After one hundred years, I will be 118 years old. ~ Bhumibol Adulyadej
100 Years quotes by Bhumibol Adulyadej
By the time a town is 75 or 100 years old, it may be filled with those who have come to idealize their isolation. Often these are people who never left at all, or fled back to the safety of the town after a try at college a few hundred miles from home, or returned after college regarding the values of the broader, more pluralistic world they had encountered as something to protect themselves and their families from... ~ Kathleen Norris
100 Years quotes by Kathleen Norris
In a world that is in chaos politically, socially and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years? ~ Stephen Hawking
100 Years quotes by Stephen Hawking
Sometimes I think the family I was brought up in was 100 years out of date. ~ Anthony Horowitz
100 Years quotes by Anthony Horowitz
Politics has become incendiary. People don't find it so funny now so I have to be careful, but I have to wake them up with some truths and the truths I aim at them are over 100 years old. Facts that no one can dispute. ~ Hal Holbrook
100 Years quotes by Hal Holbrook
The world has changed far more in the past 100 years than in any other century in history. The reason is not political or economic but technological-technologies that flowed directly from advances in basic science. Clearly, no scientist better represents those advances than Albert Einstein: TIME's Person of the Century. ~ Stephen Hawking
100 Years quotes by Stephen Hawking
As we think about the next 50 years, I remember a story President Kennedy told a week before he was killed. The story was about French Marshal Louis-Hubert-Gonzalve Lyautey, who walked one morning through his garden with his gardener. He stopped at a certain point and asked the gardener to plant a tree there the next morning. The gardener said, "But the tree will not bloom for 100 years." The marshal replied, "In that case, you had better plant it this afternoon. ~ Newton N. Minnow
100 Years quotes by Newton N. Minnow
The state of our educational system is a disgrace to our country. We have an elementary and secondary school system in which close to half of the youngsters never graduate properly. It's a disgrace that there is more illiteracy today than there was 100 years ago. ~ Milton Friedman
100 Years quotes by Milton Friedman
A person's life is over in 50, 100 years. But a company lives on through the people it is composed of, and SoftBank group has to survive even after I'm gone. ~ Masayoshi Son
100 Years quotes by Masayoshi Son
When comparing 100 years of experience to 1, there is a way to close the gap. One must simply understand the choices that were taken, the roads that were walked, and that there are no guarantees to an unseen future. ~ Lionel Suggs
100 Years quotes by Lionel Suggs
The music industry was invented, like, 100 years ago. I'm talking about the goddess Matangi, who invented music 5,000 years ago. She was the only thing that inspired me. ~ M.I.A.
100 Years quotes by M.I.A.
I would love to write something that people would still read 50 or 100 years from now. That comes with growing older, I think. ~ Charles Kuralt
100 Years quotes by Charles Kuralt
100 Years Is Enough: Time to Make the Fed a Public Utility ~ Ziad K. Abdelnour
100 Years quotes by Ziad K. Abdelnour
Think for a moment about the process that humans have used to record events throughout history. The first evidence we know of is paintings on cave walls. A little further along in time, after many intermediate steps, we see the development of writing. In the more recent past, we see the invention of the camera, audio recording devices, and ultimately video. The manner in which humans have recorded history (and to a lesser extent our own lives) has evolved. We've come a long way. Consider the implications of time. Much of the technology we take for granted today was pure science fiction 50-100 years ago, a dream 200 years ago, and inconceivable 500 years ago. Using these groupings of viewpoints, we can project into the future and categorize the possibilities. In ~ Todd William
100 Years quotes by Todd William
It is quite obvious that the temperature change during the last 100 years or so includes significant natural changes, both the linear change and fluctuations. It is very puzzling that the IPCC reports state that it is mostly due to the greenhouse effect. ~ Syun-Ichi Akasofu
100 Years quotes by Syun-Ichi Akasofu
18 Even when there was no reason for hope, Abraham kept hoping - believing that he would become the father of many nations. For God had said to him, "That's how many descendants you will have!"* 19 And Abraham's faith did not weaken, even though, at about 100 years of age, he figured his body was as good as dead - and so was Sarah's womb. 20 Abraham never wavered in believing God's promise. In fact, his faith grew stronger, and in this he brought glory to God. 21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever he promises. 22 And because of Abraham's faith, God counted him as righteous. 23 And when God counted him as righteous, it wasn't just for Abraham's benefit. It was recorded 24 for our benefit, too, assuring us that God will also count us as righteous if we believe in him, the one who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25 He was handed over to die because of our sins, and he was raised to life to make us right with God. ~ Anonymous
100 Years quotes by Anonymous
My name is Natasha Trethewey, and I was born in Gulfport, Mississippi, in 1966, exactly 100 years to the day that Mississippi celebrated the first Confederate Memorial Day, April 26, 1866. ~ Natasha Trethewey
100 Years quotes by Natasha Trethewey
Separate and unequal didn't work 100 years ago. It will not work today. ~ Jonathan Kozol
100 Years quotes by Jonathan Kozol
Shame on us if 100 years from now our grandchildren are living on a planet that has been irreparably damaged by Global Warming, and they ask, 'How could those who came before us, who saw this coming, have let this happen?' ~ Joe Lieberman
100 Years quotes by Joe Lieberman
That's great. I'm 100 years old and people are still interested. ~ Grant Fuhr
100 Years quotes by Grant Fuhr
If I stay in here until I am 100 years olds, I will still be a man. ~ Suge Knight
100 Years quotes by Suge Knight
It is so awkward that how our ancestors wasted their whole life and never thought about education or making difference for the future generations. My Grandfather lived more than a 100+ years, married 3 women and as he was illiterate he just wasted 115 fucking years. I wish I could live a hundred years like him to make difference, so the next generation does not use the same insulting words I am using today. ~ M.F. Moonzajer
100 Years quotes by M.F. Moonzajer
It is beter to live 50 years as a tiger rather than live 100 years as a chicken ~ Edgerrin James
100 Years quotes by Edgerrin James
I don't have to be jealous of Barcelona because they have 100 years of history and have won the European Cup once. I have only been managing for five years and I have the same amount of Champions League trophies to my name. ~ Jose Mourinho
100 Years quotes by Jose Mourinho
The scientific facts indicate that all the temperature changes observed in the last 100 years were largely natural changes and were not caused by carbon dioxide produced in human activities. ~ Robert Jastrow
100 Years quotes by Robert Jastrow
When coal came into the picture, it took about 50 or 60 years to displace timber. Then, crude oil was found, and it took 60, 70 years, and then natural gas. So it takes 100 years or more for some new breakthrough in energy to become the dominant source. Most people have difficulty coming to grips with the sheer enormity of energy consumption. ~ Rex Tillerson
100 Years quotes by Rex Tillerson
Ribofunk indicates a focus on biology as the upcoming big science in the way that physics was for the last 50 or 100 years. If you look for a biological thread throughout science fiction, you can find it, but it's a very small percentage of the total. That's been changing in the last few years. ~ Paul Di Filippo
100 Years quotes by Paul Di Filippo
If we took a moment of silence for each person lost to abortion, we would be silent for over 100 years. ~ Frank Pavone
100 Years quotes by Frank Pavone
If you live to be 100 years old, what you've done here for the last two days, weeks, monthswhat you've done here will echo in eternity. ~ Jay Paterno
100 Years quotes by Jay Paterno
Science is progressing at such a rapid rate that when you make a prediction and think you are ahead of your time by 100 years you may be ahead of your time by 10 at most. ~ Leo Szilard
100 Years quotes by Leo Szilard
Most people are really stunned to find out that the technology has been around for more than 100 years, and that the diesel engine was in fact invented to run on vegetable oil. ~ Daryl Hannah
100 Years quotes by Daryl Hannah
I kept running until someone saw the chase and hid me inside their house. ~ Mark L. Baynard
100 Years quotes by Mark L. Baynard
And what's interesting about the hybrids taking off is you've now introduced electric motors to the automobile industry. It's the first radical change in automobile technology in 100 years. ~ Chris Anderson
100 Years quotes by Chris Anderson
The United States has 250 Billion tons of recoverable coal reserves - enough to last 100 years even at double the current rate of consumption.' We humans have inhabited the earth for many thousands of years, and now we can look forward to surviving for another hundred by doubling our consumption of coal? This is national security? The world-ending fire of industrial fundamentalism may already be burning in our furnaces and engines, but if it will burn for a hundred more years, that will be fine. Surely it would be better to intend straightforwardly to contain the fire and eventually put it out! But once greed has been made an honorable motive, then you have an economy without limits. It has no place for temperance or thrift or the ecological law of return. It will do anything. It is monstrous by definition. ~ Wendell Berry
100 Years quotes by Wendell Berry
I could start a war in 30 seconds. But some countries spend 100 years trying to find peace. Just like good manners, peace has to be learned. ~ Sylvester Stallone
100 Years quotes by Sylvester Stallone
I could be 100 years old and in my rocker, but I'll still be very proud that I was part of the 'Harry Potter' films. ~ Emma Watson
100 Years quotes by Emma Watson
During the depression, people fought each other for boxes of groceries and if you were lucky you might get a few shillings for fighting six rounds. When Jack Johnson was World Heavyweight Champ, back in the early 1900s, Hartlepool had a brilliant boxer called Jasper Carter. People today will never have heard of him, but almost 100 years ago he put Hartlepool on the fistic map. ~ Stephen Richards
100 Years quotes by Stephen Richards
Homeopathy is the safest and more reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of established medical practice for over 100 years ~ Yehudi Menuhin
100 Years quotes by Yehudi Menuhin
It may be that the books that were best liked in your lifetime are not the ones that are best liked 100 years later. ~ Salman Rushdie
100 Years quotes by Salman Rushdie
There's a great deal of scientific evidence that social connectedness is a very strong protector of emotional well-being, and I think there's no question that social isolation has greatly increased in our culture in, say, the past 50 years, past 100 years. ~ Andrew Weil
100 Years quotes by Andrew Weil
I believe that we are at or near the apex of a great civilization ... In 50-100 years, if we're a poor third to some countries in Asia, I wouldn't be surprised. If I had to bet, the part of the world that will do best will be Asia. ~ Charlie Munger
100 Years quotes by Charlie Munger
In Chekhov, everything blends into its opposite, just fractionally, and this is sort of unsettling. And that's why you end up 100 years later asking, 'Is that moment tragic or comic?' ~ Tom Stoppard
100 Years quotes by Tom Stoppard
The depth of experience fine wine can bring to a dinner, particularly a bottle that has been through the past 100 years, makes you take stock of your own life. ~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
100 Years quotes by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
I was introducing [director and producer] Hal Roach - Mr. Roach was 100 years old, he was one of the fathers of early days in films, he put Laurel with Hardy, he created the Our Gang kids, and all these silent movies he did - he was a giant. ~ Billy Crystal
100 Years quotes by Billy Crystal
It's not the genius who is 100 years ahead of his time but average man who is 100 years behind it. ~ Robert Musil
100 Years quotes by Robert Musil
When these guitar mags bring up that stuff up and say such and such came up with this and that which is pushing the boundaries, I just say, "let's step back for a minute and admit something: nothing has happened for the last 100 years." And it's okay. It's not a bad thing ... We're all working with "tools" that have been in existence for the last 100 years and there hadn't been a new "tool" for a long long time. ~ Joe Satriani
100 Years quotes by Joe Satriani
Every year white people add 100 years to how long ago slavery was. I've heard educated white people say, 'slavery was 400 years ago.' No it very wasn't. It was 140 years ago ... that's two 70-year-old ladies living and dying back to back. That's how recently you could buy a guy. ~ Louis C.K.
100 Years quotes by Louis C.K.
I wanted to focus on songs that I was inspired by growing up. I love so many of them from the last 100 years, but I really wanted, for my first step forward, to choose material that has inspired me and got me into the world of musical theater. ~ Josh Groban
100 Years quotes by Josh Groban
It doesn't hurt to look 75 to 100 years out, That's a gift to future generations. ~ Chris Coleman
100 Years quotes by Chris Coleman
50-100 years from now we are all going to be eating a plant based diet. Whether that happens through a catastrophe or a peaceful sustainable life giving way is based on whether we make the right choices now and how we fight in this struggle together. ~ Mark Bittman
100 Years quotes by Mark Bittman
Well it's been about 100 years and every attempt at a comics writers' union has failed miserably. There is, sadly, a long history of short-term thinking and self-destructive behavior among my fellow comic book creators. No matter how many horror stories they have heard they won't even go so far as to hire themselves a lawyer when they need it. It breaks my heart. I am a very proud union member of the Writers Guild. And I can't imagine my fellow comic creators being able to pull something like this together. ~ Brian Michael Bendis
100 Years quotes by Brian Michael Bendis
I see no advantage in these new clocks. They run no faster than the ones made 100 years ago. ~ Henry Ford
100 Years quotes by Henry Ford
If we take into account that women have had the right to vote only for some 100 years - in some countries even less - and that we have already won seats in governments or presidential offices, I understand that men look at this rise with some anxiety. ~ Dalia Grybauskaite
100 Years quotes by Dalia Grybauskaite
Presidents and speakers for over 100 years had tried to pass affordable care for all Americans. It was challenged over and over. The Supreme Court declared it constitutional. ~ Nancy Pelosi
100 Years quotes by Nancy Pelosi
The old-fashioned bravado started pissing me off. I pierced my lips together as my nostrils flared. Over 100 years old and boys will still be boys. I hoped for a little bit more maturity. ~ C.A. Deyton
100 Years quotes by C.A. Deyton
This week, the world gathers in Beijing for the 2008 Olympic games. This is the extraordinary moment China has been dreaming of for 100 years. People have been longing for this moment, because it symbolises a turning point in China's relationship with the outside world. ~ Ai Weiwei
100 Years quotes by Ai Weiwei
A masterwork. A particularly American magic realism that touches the heart of race and childhood in our country; it's 100 Years of Solitude for an entire generation of American Baby Boomers, and deserves the widest possible audience. ~ Ellen Kushner
100 Years quotes by Ellen Kushner
You know, I think when I reflect on it, I think there's certainly a sense of history. When you have ambitions to play this game, you want to be one of the best ever, and you want to play so well and be so effective that you want people to remember your name 100 years from now. ~ Marcus Allen
100 Years quotes by Marcus Allen
I think I'd have to say my favorite IWC. They have been around for so long and the craftsmanship is top notch. A watch maker that has been in business over 100 years has to know what they are doing. ~ Brian McKnight
100 Years quotes by Brian McKnight
conventional energy sources (while nonrenewable) will continue to be used for at least 50 years. Thus, if our definition of sustainable goes to 50 years in the future, conventional energy sources are sustainable. Indeed, because of the effects of financial markets, as the cost of conventional fuel increases because of its depletion, we can anticipate that its extraction will slow as it is replaced by renewable energy sources. Thus we can readily see the continued use of conventional fuels for the next 100 years - barring some type of unexpected scientific breakthrough. ~ Betty Simkins
100 Years quotes by Betty Simkins
Everyone deserves 100 years of good life before starting to grow old. ~ Patricia Gulley
100 Years quotes by Patricia Gulley
Over the past 100 years, there have been three major periods of tax-rate cuts in the U.S.: the Harding-Coolidge cuts of the mid-1920s; the Kennedy cuts of the mid-1960s; and the Reagan cuts of the early 1980s. Each of these periods of tax cuts was remarkably successful as measured by virtually any public policy metric. ~ Arthur Laffer
100 Years quotes by Arthur Laffer
The present blitz about drugs - I think it looks very much like how we treated insane people 100 years ago
throw them in the cage - as if that's the whole answer. And it's not the whole answer. ~ Gene Roddenberry
100 Years quotes by Gene Roddenberry
Our focus is on ensuring America has the strongest economy in the world for the next 100 years and to do that, we need to get to the role of the Federal Reserve and we need to get it right. ~ Kevin Brady
100 Years quotes by Kevin Brady
So, we've gone from covered wagons to going to the moon in just under 100 years. For all the centuries and thousands of years before us, people walked or rode horses, cows, camels or whatever. This so-called modern era, from the late 19th century through now, has been the period of the most amazing development, discovery, innovation and acceleration of change that humans have ever experienced. And it hasn't slowed down yet. ~ Edgar Mitchell
100 Years quotes by Edgar Mitchell
Still, February's departure remains worthy of note. This February was Washington's coldest in 36 years. Only three times in the past 100 years has the capital experienced a colder one. ~ Anonymous
100 Years quotes by Anonymous
To me, the excitement is in ordering a fine shotgun, going through the process that everybody who has bought one has gone through for 100 years. You order it, you make a significant down payment, and then you wait three or four years for the gun to be custom-made for you. ~ Tom Selleck
100 Years quotes by Tom Selleck
As an actress, I think it's important to look back and realize that we aren't always quite as original as we think we are. There's this grand, textured history for us over the last 100 years of incredible writers, directors, and performers. ~ Natalie Dormer
100 Years quotes by Natalie Dormer
It is better to live one day as a lion than 100 years as a sheep. ~ Benito Mussolini
100 Years quotes by Benito Mussolini
What's at risk [in 100 years] if we do not take action, truly is the survival of civilization as we know it ... Literally that is the case. We have seen global warming so far of just a little bit less than one degree Celsius and look at what's happened. Superstorm Sandy. Boulder Colorado. All these fires. Hurricane Irene one year before. ~ Al Gore
100 Years quotes by Al Gore
Certainly in the arts, in all genres, I think that men should step away. I think men should stop writing books. I think men should stop making movies or television. Say, for 50 to 100 years. ~ Eileen Myles
100 Years quotes by Eileen Myles
Art has to be a kind of confession. I don't mean a true confession in the sense of that dreary magazine. The effort it seems to me, is: if you can examine and face your life, you can discover the terms with which you are connected to other lives, and they can discover them, too - the terms with which they are connected to other people. This has happened to every one of us, I'm sure. You read something which you thought only happened to you, and you discovered it happened 100 years ago to Dostoyevsky. This is a very great liberation for the suffering, struggling person, who always thinks that they are alone. This is why art is important. Art would not be important if life were not important, and life is important. Most of us, no matter what we say, are walking in the dark, whistling in the dark. Nobody knows what is going to happen to them from one moment to the next, or how one will bear it. This is irreducible. And it's true for everybody. Now, it is true that the nature of society is to create, among its citizens, an illusion of safety; but it is also absolutely true that the safety is always necessarily an illusion. Artists are here to disturb the peace. They have to disturb the peace. Otherwise, chaos. ~ James Baldwin
100 Years quotes by James Baldwin
During the last 100 years, the House of Lords has never contributed one iota to popular liberties or popular freedom, or done anything to advance the common weal; but during that time it has protected every abuse and sheltered every privilege. ~ Joseph Chamberlain
100 Years quotes by Joseph Chamberlain
In my family, we don't die till we're 100 years old. ~ Gunnar Myrdal
100 Years quotes by Gunnar Myrdal
Zionism is only around 100 years old. It is the transformation from religion to nationalism, to materialism created by non-religious Jews who hated their religion. The reason why they use the name Israel, the Star of David, hijacking, stealing the identity of Judaism and the Jewish people is in order to gain a legitimacy for their existence that should lead people to say, 'oh, it is God given to them' and that they should use fear and intimidate people from speaking out against their actions because they will call those that do anti Semitic; it couldn't be anything further from the Truth. ~ Yisroel Dovid Weiss
100 Years quotes by Yisroel Dovid Weiss
Certainly, one of the greatest achievements of the human intellectual spirit was the Arabic Translation Movement. Over the course of about 100 years, virtually the entire Greek Scientific and philosophical corpus was either translated or summarized into Arabic (McGinnis, 10). ~ Jon McGinnis
100 Years quotes by Jon McGinnis
Their story, as the Delany sisters like to say, is not meant as "black" or "women's" history, but American history. It belongs to all of us. (From the Preface of "Having Our Say: The Delany Sisters' First 100 Years) ~ Amy Hill Hearth
100 Years quotes by Amy Hill Hearth
It really gets on my goat that people keep quoting Dorothea Mackellar's 'My Country' as proof that there is no such thing as climate change. A poem written more than 100 years ago by a homesick 19 year old versus an ever-increasing body of refereed scientific thought ... hmm, hard to know which way to jump, really. ~ Judy Horacek
100 Years quotes by Judy Horacek
Think about it for a brief moment. Suspend disbelief. Wind the clock forward 100 years. Do you think, as a species, we will still be struggling with the things that vex us today? Will we still be arguing about the same stuff? We will still be eating Cocoa Puffs? We are at the end of the beginning. ~ Brad Feld
100 Years quotes by Brad Feld
Some artists leave remarkable things which, a 100 years later, don't work at all. I have left my mark; my work is hung in museums, but maybe one day the Tate Gallery or the other museums will banish me to the cellar ... you never know. ~ Francis Bacon
100 Years quotes by Francis Bacon
We have to have a vision of the world we want to make in 100 years. And maybe when we have that vision, when we convince enough people that that is a realistic vision, and that the opposite vision is basically that if we don't do something in this 100 years, a hundred years from now this world is gonna be so destroyed, so raped and ravished that we won't HAVE much of a world to save. ~ Assata Shakur
100 Years quotes by Assata Shakur
The possibility of losing him is 100 years of solitude I don't want to imagine. ~ Tahereh Mafi
100 Years quotes by Tahereh Mafi
Why do you suppose that in the last 100 years technology has evolved a thousand times further than it has in the last 3,000 years? It's the level of souls that are incarnating. The older Atlantean souls are coming back. They have a natural affinity for communication, electronics, medicine, law and media. ~ Frederick Lenz
100 Years quotes by Frederick Lenz
I remember as a ranger the first time I stood alone on Inspiration Point over at Canyon Station looking out over this beautiful land. I thought to myself how lucky I was that my parents' and grandparents' generation had the vision and the determination to save it for us. Now it is our turn to make our own gift outright to those who will come after us, 15 years, 40 years, 100 years from now. I want to be as faithful to my grandchildren's generation as Old Faithful has been to ours. What better way can we add a new dimension to our third century of freedom? ~ Gerald R. Ford
100 Years quotes by Gerald R. Ford
The Halifax area has long played a major role in Canada's military operations, being the port of departure for convoys, naval task forces and army units over the past 100 years or so. ~ Alex Morrison
100 Years quotes by Alex Morrison
This (Coley's toxins) is really an effective treatment and it an OUTRAGEOUS crime of the century that we at MSK were able to cure cancer a 100 years ago that they can't cure today. ~ Ralph W. Moss
100 Years quotes by Ralph W. Moss
Total oblivion is the fate of almost everything in this world. I'm very likely to suffer that same fate; my work will probably not be remembered, and if any of it is, if any of those novels is fated to be one of those novels that is still being read 50 or 100 years after it was written, I've probably already written it. ~ Michel Faber
100 Years quotes by Michel Faber
If you're talking 100 years, there's no doubt in my mind that all jobs will be gone, including creative ones. And 100 years is not far in the future - some of our children will be alive in 100 years. ~ Hod Lipson
100 Years quotes by Hod Lipson
This country belongs to all of us. We made this country from nothing, from mud-flats ... Over 100 years ago, this was a mud-flat, swamp. Today, this is a modern city. Ten years from now, this will be a metropolis. Never fear! ~ Mr. Lee
100 Years quotes by Mr. Lee
WAR CHILD is the true story of Magdalena (Leni) Janic whose name appears on The Welcome Wall at Sydney's Darling Harbour. The story spans 100 years starting in pre WWII Nazi Germany and ends in the suburbs of Adelaide. It's a window into what life was like for a young illegitimate German girl growing up in poverty, coping with ostracism, bullying, abuse and dispossession as society was falling down around her and she becomes a refugee. But it's also a story of a woman's unconditional love for her family, the sacrifices she made and secrets she kept to protect them. Her ultimate secret was only revealed in a bizarre twist after her death and much to her daughter's (and author) surprise involved her. A memorable tear-jerker! A sad cruel story told with so much love. ~ Annette Janic
100 Years quotes by Annette Janic
Religious insights and values are just as important today as they were 50 or 100 years ago. ~ Dallin H. Oaks
100 Years quotes by Dallin H. Oaks
In fact, technology has been the story of human progress from as long back as we know. In 100 years people will look back on now and say, 'That was the Internet Age.' And computers will be seen as a mere ingredient to the Internet Age. ~ Reed Hastings
100 Years quotes by Reed Hastings
The main environmental challenge of the 21st century is poverty. When you don't know where your next meal is coming from, it's hard to consider the environment 100 years down the line. ~ Bjorn Lomborg
100 Years quotes by Bjorn Lomborg
Nearly 100 years ago, when Planned Parenthood was founded, birth control was illegal. ~ Cecile Richards
100 Years quotes by Cecile Richards
Solitude Quotes «
» Hid In House Quotes