1 Pt To Oz Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1 Pt To Oz.

Quotes About 1 Pt To Oz

Enjoy collection of 47 1 Pt To Oz quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1 Pt To Oz. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1 Pt To Oz quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Theseus Within the Labyrinth pt.1

The lives of Greeks in the old days were deep,
mysterious and often lead to questions like
just what was wrong with Ariadne anyway, that's
what I'd like to know? She would have done
anything for that rascally Theseus, and what
did he do but sneak out in the night and row
back to his ship with black sails. Let's get
the heck out of here, he muttered to his crew
and they leaned on their oars as he went whack-
whack on the whacking board - a human metronome
of adventure and ill-fortune. She was King Minos's
daughter and had helped Theseus kill the king's
pet monster, her half-brother, so possibly
he didn't like feeling beholden - people might
think he wasn't tough. But certainly he'd spent
his life knocking chips off shoulders and flattening
any fellow reckless enough to step across a line
drawn in the dust. If you wanted a punch thrown,
Theseus was just the cowboy to throw it. I'm only
happy when hitting and scratching, he'd told Ariadne
that first night. So he'd been the logical choice
to sail down from Athens to Crete to stop this
nonsense of a tribute of virgins for some
monster to eat. Those Cretans called it eating but
Theseus thought himself no fool and liked a virgin
as well as the next man. Not that he could have got
into the Labyrinth without Ariadne's help or out
either for that matter. As f ~ Stephen Dobyns
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Stephen Dobyns
Do what Jesus says, ... what he commands through his ministers who are in the Church [see 1 Cor 6:4]. Be subject to his vicars, your leaders, not only those who are gentle and kind, but even those who are overbearing [see 1 Pt 2:18]. ~ Bernard Of Clairvaux
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Bernard Of Clairvaux
The imagination which causes so many ravages among us, never speaks to the heart of savages Pt.1, 41 ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
I fancy you give me credit for being a more systematic sort of cove than I really am in the matter of limits of significance. What would actually happen would be that I should make out Pt (normal) and say to myself that would be about 50:1; pretty good but as it may not be normal we'd best not be too certain, or 100:1; even allowing that it may not be normal it seems good enough and whether one would be content with that or would require further work would depend on the importance of the conclusion and the difficulty of obtaining suitable experience. ~ William Sealy Gosset
1 Pt To Oz quotes by William Sealy Gosset
What has 'The Patchwork Girl of Oz' got in its favor? Quite a lot, from our point of view in 2009. If you want to see how Oz's creator envisioned his own work, here it is. ~ Kage Baker
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Kage Baker
God's unrivaled goodness undergirds everything else we can say about prayer. If he is like us, only slightly stronger, then why pray? If he grows weary, then why pray? If he has limitations, questions, and hesitations, then you might as well pray to the Wizard of Oz. However, if God is at once Father and Creator, holy - unlike us - and high above us, then we at any point are only a prayer away from help. ~ Max Lucado
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Max Lucado
I understood where I had come from: from a dreary tangle of sadness and pretense, of longing, absurdity, inferiority and provincial pomposity, sentimental education and anachronistic ideals, repressed traumas, resignation, and helplessness. Helplessness of the acerbic, domestic variety, where small-time liars pretended to be dangerous terrorists and heroic freedom fighters, where unhappy bookbinders invented formulas for universal salvation, where dentists whispered confidentially to all their neighbors about their protracted personal correspondence with Stalin, where piano teachers, kindergarten teachers, and housewives tossed and turned tearfully at night from stifled yearning for an emotion-laden artistic life, where compulsive writers wrote endless disgruntled letters to the editor of Davar, where elderly bakers saw Maimonides and the Baal Shem Tov in their dreams, where nervy, self-righteous trade-union hacks kept an apparatchik's eye on the rest of the local residents, where cashiers at the cinema or the cooperative shop composed poems and pamphlets at night. ~ Amos Oz
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Amos Oz
One of the things I wanted to introduce in The Same Sea beyond transcending the conflict, is the fact that deep down below all our secrets are the same. ~ Amos Oz
I would say anybody who's willing to listen to Dark Side of the Moon and watch The Wizard of Oz is already a very sensitive, creative person. ~ Wayne Coyne
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Wayne Coyne
He is never going to be here, I thought. He is never coming back.
Was I okay with it? No. But missing him every day for the rest of my life was still easier than the fight Sebastian had: to stuff himself inside a box every morning and tuck that box inside his heart and pray that his heart kept beating around the obstacle. Every day I could go to class as exactly the person I am, and meet new people, and come outside later for some fresh air and Frisbee. Every day I would be grateful that no one who matters to me questions whether I am too masculine, too feminine, too open, too closed.
Every day I would be grateful for what I have, and that I can be who I am without judgment.
So every day I would fight for Sebastian, and people in the same boat, who don't have what I do, who struggle to find themselves in a world that tells them white and straight and narrow gets first pick in the schoolyard game of life.
My chest was congested with regret, and relief, and resolve. Give me more of those, I thought to whoever was listening - whether it was God, or Oz, or the three sisters of Fate. Give me those moments where I think he's coming back. I can take the hurt. The reminder that he's not coming back - and why - will keep me fighting. ~ Christina Lauren
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Christina Lauren
There is something old and true in fantasy that speaks to something deep within us, to the child who dreamt that one day he would hunt the forests of the night, and feast beneath the hollow hills, and find a love to last forever somewhere south of Oz and north of Shangri-La. ~ George R R Martin
1 Pt To Oz quotes by George R R Martin
I don't have many fears other than being unemployed, homeless, friendless, rejected by my family, covered with honey and tied to a bed of fire ants, the flying monkeys from The Wizard of Oz, squash, computer paper, ghosts named Maggie, falling out of the space shuttle right before it leaves the Earth's atmosphere, licorice, elves, lawnmowers, unwashed hands, waking hours and being romantically linked to Madonna and Alex Rodriguez. ~ Cary Clack
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Cary Clack
Maybe they feared that a knowledge of languages would expose me too to the blandishments of Europe, that wonderful, murderous continent. ~ Amos Oz
And every place and time an author writes about is imaginary, from Oz to Raymond Chandler's L.A. to Dickens's London. ~ Connie Willis
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Connie Willis
I'm fanatical about movies: African, European, Viking, Roman. I got into witchcraft and magic from watching 'Bewitched' and 'The Wizard of Oz,' which shows in some of my outfits. I dress to reflect the whole spectrum of the universe. ~ Afrika Bambaataa
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Afrika Bambaataa
In 1900, as the immigrants come down the gangplank into Jersey City, they expect the streets to be paved with gold, and they were only paved with gold in Frank Baum's 'The Wizard of Oz,' of course. ~ David Levering Lewis
1 Pt To Oz quotes by David Levering Lewis
Those who generate fog are Wizards of Oz hoping desperately that nobody pulls the curtain to reveal a trembling little writer behind it. This seldom happens. Readers who dare to point out that incomprehensible writing can't be comprehended risk being told that the problem is theirs. ~ Ralph Keyes
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Ralph Keyes
As the questions grow harder and more complicated, people yearn for simpler answers, one-sentence answers, answers that point unhesitatingly to a culprit who can be blamed for all our suffering, answers that promise that if we only eradicate the villains, all our troubles will vanish. ~ Amos Oz
In this state, the club was The Wizard of Oz made obvious: All the magic that went on here night after night, all the buzz and excitement, was really just a combination of electronics, booze, and chemicals, an illusion for the people who walked through the front doors, a fantasy that allowed them to be whatever they weren't in their day-to-day lives. ~ J.R. Ward
1 Pt To Oz quotes by J.R. Ward
What happens when you have great grief in your life is the arteries of that heart begins to spasms down, just literally squeezes down like this because you're feeling the tension of your life and then the heart muscle itself will also begin - to get stressed out. ~ Mehmet Oz
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Mehmet Oz
"Heard you choking, are you all right?"
"You're beautiful, a good kisser, this is our first date, my bed is in the room, I'm nervous as all heck and I just thought I was going to die choking after spitting out gum so no, I'm not all right."
Yes, that's what I blurted, word for word.
Chace stared at me.
I stared back both wondering if I could will myself to melt like the Wicked Witch in The Wizard of Oz and if that was what Laurie meant by honesty or if it was a tad over the top.
( ... )
Then his tongue was in my mouth.
( ... )
"Still nervous?"
"No," I whispered.
"Good," he muttered. ~ Kristen Ashley
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Kristen Ashley
I believe science has a wonderful ability, in an unbiased way, to offer hope to many people who are confused, but it's not the only way to find hope. ~ Mehmet Oz
You beat the liver out of a goose to get a pâté; you pound the muscles of a man's cardia to get a philosopher. ~ Djuna Barnes
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Djuna Barnes
I want to get into the theater. I really wanted to be a theater director, but I turned out to be a movie director. ~ Frank Oz
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Frank Oz
I thought about the cast of The Wizard of Oz on the yellow brick road and wondered which character I was. Perhaps the Tin Man, in search of a red, pulsating heart. Or at least someone to give it to. ~ Kate Rockland
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Kate Rockland
I'm not a super-actorly actor, my-body-is-an-instrument type of person, but I do want to do fun, exciting, interesting things. I have a 2001 PT Cruiser. I saved my money so I can take my time and choose something that I think is great, and that's what I'm waiting for. ~ Paget Brewster
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Paget Brewster
Is that what I think it is?" - Colt
"Plastic explosives." - Oz
"You have stuff like that lying around your house?" - Colt
"Doesn't everybody?" Oz smiled as he walked to the far corner of the bunker, dragging Colt with him. ~ Jon S. Lewis
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Jon S. Lewis
I've done TV for tons and tons of years, so I'm not crazy about doing more TV, but with films, all I want to do are different projects that aren't all the same. ~ Frank Oz
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Frank Oz
In Turkey, you're not allowed to be left alone in the hospital. The nurse teaches the family how to do things, and somebody is always there with the patient. ~ Mehmet Oz
Relax, Salazar. I'm just messing around. Besides, I have my eye on somebody right now."
"Who?" Danielle and Colt said at the same time.
"That's on a need-to-know basis," Oz said, "and right now neither one of you needs to know. ~ Jon S. Lewis
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Jon S. Lewis
Oz thinks I'm beautiful, she whispered to the stars. ~ James Patterson
1 Pt To Oz quotes by James Patterson
I have so many girlfriends in their twenties who live in a white box apartment, having mediocre meals with mediocre friends, waiting for the life they want to hit them in their forties or fifties. They are settling in the now - what's the point? ~ Daphne Oz
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Daphne Oz
Come with me to the Pacific Design Center."
"Why?"
"Because I need help picking out a new couch," he said, peering up at her uncertainly. "Isn't that what friends do?"
"Okay."
"Okay." "Should we go?"
Taylor went back inside her apartment and grabbed her keys. As she followed Jason out to his car, she tapped him on the shoulder.
"Hey - can I drive the Aston Martin?"
"No."
"But isn't that what friends do?"
"No."
"My, my, you're awfully grumpy today ... Is something wrong?"
"Buckle up, sweetheart," he told her. "This ain't no PT Cruiser. ~ Julie James
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Julie James
I don't operate on smokers. I tell cigarette smokers that I can operate on you, I get paid the same. And you might even do well. But it's the wrong thing to do. So I refuse to operate on you until you stop smoking. ~ Mehmet Oz
My favorite movies growing up were things like 'The Wizard of Oz,' but as I got older, I really began to admire people like Steven Soderbergh. ~ Rainey Qualley
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Rainey Qualley
Food is no longer sacred to us: in becoming too efficient we've changed its nature. ~ Mehmet Oz
I do practice what I preach when it comes to nutrition. ~ Mehmet Oz
I wanted to watch a movie or listen to some music, so I did both. I put on a DVD of The Wizard of Oz and a CD of Metallica's Ride the Lightning. IT TURNS OUT THAT WHEN YOU PLAY THEM BOTH TOGETHER, YOU GET ALL THE ANSWERS. ~ John Moe
1 Pt To Oz quotes by John Moe
I was playing Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, and it was my turn to speak. Dorothy is Hamlet for girls. ~ Amy Poehler
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Amy Poehler
I believe that if one person is watching a huge calamity, let's say a conflagration, a fire, there are always three principle options.

1. Run away, as far away and as fast as you can and let those who cannot run burn.

2. Write a very angry letter to the editor of your paper demanding that the responsible people be removed from office with disgrace. Or, for that matter, launch a demonstration.

3. Bring a bucket of water and throw it on the fire, and if you don't have a bucket, bring a glass, and if you don't have a glass, use a teaspoon, everyone has a teaspoon. And yes, I know a teaspoon is little and the fire is huge but there are millions of us and each one of us has a teaspoon. Now I would like to establish the Order of the Teaspoon. People who share my attitude, not the run away attitude, or the letter attitude, but the teaspoon attitude – I would like them to walk around wearing a little teaspoon on the lapel of their jackets, so that we know that we are in the same movement, in the same brotherhood, in the same order, The Order of the Teaspoon. ~ Amos Oz
Andy: Most of the things I did with her partly in mind. And if I said or did an inauthentic thing, I could almost hear her groaning over my shoulder. But now she's gone and I really don't know how I'll get along without her.
Melissa: (Looking at him for the first time.) You'll survive, Andy...
Andy: I have a wonderful wife, fine children, and a place in the world I feel proud of, but the death of Melissa suddenly leaves a huge gap in my life...
Melissa: Oh now, Andy...
Andy: The thought of never again being able to write to her, to connect to her, to get some signal back from her, fills me with an emptiness which is hard to describe.
Melissa: Now Andy, stop...
Andy: I don't think there are many men in this world who have had the benefit of such a friendship with such a woman. But it was more than friendship, too. I know now that I loved her. I loved her even from the day I met her, when she walked into second grade, looking like the lost princess of Oz.
Melissa: Oh, Andy, PLEASE. I can't bear it.
Andy: I don't think I've ever loved anyone the way I loved her, and I know I never will again. She was at the heart of my life, and already I miss her desperately. I just wanted to say this to you and to her. Sincerely, Andy Ladd.
Melissa: Thank you, Andy. ~ A.R. Gurney
1 Pt To Oz quotes by A.R. Gurney
Actually, who hasn't been through the ghastly experience of sitting in front of a blank page, with its toothless mouth grinning at you: Go ahead, let's see you lay a finger on me? A blank page is actually a whitewashed wall with no door and no window. Beginning to tell a story is like making a pass at a total stranger in a restaurant. ~ Amos Oz
How the hell was she going to fight them?
With style. She could almost hear Niko's voice. She grinned, despite herself. Do try not to die, won't you? That was Tyler. It would have been followed by a delicate yawn. And Oz: Keep your head down and don't be stupid. Lise: Bitch, do not even think about leaving me alone with all this testosterone. Giselle: You can't win if you die, so suck it up. Tutresiel: Princess, you aren't even trying if you're dying.
And Alexander: Come home. ~ Diana Pharaoh Francis
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Diana Pharaoh Francis
Every person has the right to look and feel like a million bucks. ~ Mehmet Oz
Once you have lifted your foot, do not be in a hurry to put it down again: who can tell what menacing nest of vipers you might step on. ~ Amos Oz
We don't walk. We overeat because we've made it easy to overeat. We have fast-food joints on every corner. By the way, the 'we' is all of us. It's not the government. It's all of us doing this together. ~ Mehmet Oz
We all have so much access to the information on the Internet and in books, but we don't necessarily get that information in a usable way so that we can turn information into action. ~ Daphne Oz
1 Pt To Oz quotes by Daphne Oz
Disembowelments Quotes «
» Salgo Pa Quotes