1 Corinthians 13 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 1 Corinthians 13.

Quotes About 1 Corinthians 13

Enjoy collection of 48 1 Corinthians 13 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 1 Corinthians 13. Righ click to see and save pictures of 1 Corinthians 13 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Love is the source and goal, faith is the slow process of getting there, and hope is the willingness to move forward without resolution and closure. And these are indeed, 'the three things that last' (1 Corinthians 13:13). People who have these gifts - faith, hope, and love - are indestructible. ~ Richard Rohr
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Richard Rohr
When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things. ~ 1 Corinthians 13 11
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by 1 Corinthians 13 11
Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. (I Corinthians 13: 7-8a ESV) ~ Anonymous
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Anonymous
I do not know who coined the statement "an idle mind is the devil's playground," but it is true. When camping in dangerous places, it is often recommended that you keep a campfire going to keep the predators away. When we set our hearts on fire, demonic predators stay out of our camp, which is my main point in this chapter. The apostle Paul put it best: "Love never fails" (see 1 Corinthians 13:8). We have spent several chapters talking about how to win spiritual battles in our own lives and in the lives of others. But when all else fails, remember this: Love cannot be defeated. ~ Kris Vallotton
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Kris Vallotton
You taught me what it means to fight for what you love.
You showed me great endurance in a manner that was unusual to me.
You fought for my heart until all the fight in you was gone without neglecting your brain.
You displayed to me what unconditional love should look like, if I were to stare at it in a mirror.
You loved me even on the days I found it difficult to even love myself.
You scooped down to help me up at my lowest.
You chained your heart to mine and stayed by my side even when all the signs gave you red lights about continuing our relationship.
You remained loyal, even when I became disloyal, and fulfilled the belief that many men are dogs.
You hung on longer than I expected,
Loved me more than I could ever imagine.
Some may have called you foolish for staying, but you showed me an aspect of love I've only read about in 1 Corinthians 13. ~ Pierre Alex Jeanty
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Pierre Alex Jeanty
Love knows no limit to its endurance, no end to its trust, no fading of its hope; it can outlast anything. Love never fails.
[1 Cor. 13:7 - 8] ~ Anonymous
Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but delights in the truth. It is always ready to excuse, to trust, to hope, and to endure whatever comes. ~ Anonymous
If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am become sounding brass, or a clanging cymbal. And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And if I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and if I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profiteth me nothing. ~ Anonymous
And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. ~ Anonymous
We could go to the extreme of giving away everything we have to feed, clothe, and house the poor, or we could sacrifice ourselves in the most heroic of ways, even our body or our life, but if we don't do those things out of a heart of pure love, they won't profit us in any way (1 Corinthians 13:3). Love is what gives meaning to all that we do. ~ Stormie O'martian
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Stormie O'martian
Love never fails. - I Corinthians 13:8a ~ Anonymous
Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love. (1 Corinthians 13:1-13) ~ Stephen W. Smith
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Stephen W. Smith
What makes the Bible's miracle stories so compelling is the idea that God cares about people's suffering, not simply their "spiritual blindness" or "spiritual poverty" but also their actual blindness and actual poverty. The apostle Paul insisted to the Corinthian church that the physical resurrection of Jesus, as witnessed by more than five hundred people, portends the resurrection of all who have died, all who have suffered, and that without it "our preaching is useless and so is your faith" (1 Corinthians 15:14). ~ Rachel Held Evans
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Rachel Held Evans
We have to let go of the passing names by which we have tried to name ourselves and become the "naked self before the naked God." That will always feel like dying, because we are so attached to our passing names and identities. Your bare, undecorated self is already and forever the beloved child of God. When you can rest there, you will begin to share in the universal Christ consciousness, the very "mind of Christ" (1 Corinthians 2:16). ~ Richard Rohr
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Richard Rohr
[2 Corinthians 1:21-22] says that God has anointed us, has sealed us, and has given us the pledge, the foretaste, of the Spirit. If we are going to minister something of Christ to others, we have to experience Christ by the working of the cross, and the working of the cross is for the anointing, the sealing, and the pledge of the Spirit. ~ Witness Lee
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Witness Lee
Death for the Christian is the doorway to heaven's glory. Because of Christ's resurrection we can joyously say with Paul, "Where, O death, is your victory?" [1 Corinthians 15:55 NIV]. ~ Billy Graham
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Billy Graham
If Christians realized that God Himself in the person of the Holy Spirit really dwells within our bodies, we would be far more careful about what we eat, drink, look at, or read. No wonder Paul said, "I beat my body and make it my slave" [1 Corinthians 9:27 NIV]. This should drive us to our knees in confession. ~ Billy Graham
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Billy Graham
Never consider whether or not you are of use - but always consider that "you are not your own" (1 Corinthians 6:19). You are His. ~ Oswald Chambers
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Oswald Chambers
Christian wives tend to leave the 'fat books' and theology to their husbands. While this may look 'submissive' to some, it is actually disobedience. It is not enough that we know Proverbs 31, Ephesians 5, 1 Peter 3, and 1 Corinthians 1 and 14. We have to know more than how to be a good wife. After all, our calling is to be good Christians; and if we are good Christians, we will be good wives and mothers. We mustn't be afraid to deal with topics other than those which directly deal with being a wife and mother. ~ Nancy Wilson
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Nancy Wilson
Each one has his own gift from God, one in this manner and another in that. 1 CORINTHIANS 7:7 ~ Stormie O'martian
Every Christian can have his body under absolute control for God. God has given us the responsibility to rule over all "the temple of the Holy Spirit," including our thoughts and desires (1 Corinthians 6:19). We are responsible for these, and we must never give way to improper ones. But most of us are much more severe in our judgment of others than we are in judging ourselves. We make excuses for things in ourselves, while we condemn things in the lives of others simply because we are not naturally inclined to do them. ~ Oswald Chambers
I arrived one night at her dad's house and asked if I could talk with him. I told him about the potted plant and the proposal to his daughter, and he pretty much had the same bewildered look on his face that she'd had. He answered quite politely by saying no. "I think you should wait a bit, like maybe a couple of years," he said. I wasn't prepared for that response. I didn't handle it well. I don't remember all the details of what was said next because I was uncomfortable and angry. I do remember saying, "Well, you are a preacher so I am going to give you some scripture." I quoted 1 Corinthians 7:9, which says: "It is better to marry than to burn with passion." That didn't go over very well. ~ Jase Robertson
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Jase Robertson
What no eye has seen and no ear has heard ... is what God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9 ~ Beth Moore
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Beth Moore
Now there was, no doubt, a decided merit in the Apostle Paul, but it was an evil one, while he persecuted the Church, and he says of it: "I am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the Church of God." 1 Corinthians 15:9 And it was while he had this evil merit that a good one was rendered to him instead of the evil; and, therefore, he went on at once to say, "But by the grace of God I am what I am." 1 Corinthians 15:10 Then, in order to exhibit also his free will, he added in the next clause, "And His grace within me was not in vain, but I have laboured more abundantly than they all. ~ Augustine Of Hippo
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Augustine Of Hippo
Leadership is not something that is added, but rather built in the DNA of creation, an orderly creation (1 Corinthians 12:12; 14:38-45; Titus 1:5; Genesis 1; 2). The real question is whether humanity has high-jacked Leadership? ~ Jonah Books.com
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Jonah Books.com
Neither is man independent of woman, nor woman independent of man, in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 11:11). ~ Stormie O'martian
By itself, 1 Corinthians 15 just wouldn't mean much. He wants the appearances of 1 Corinthians 15:3-11 to be read as if they had in parentheses after them 'See Luke 24; Matthew 28; John 21.' ~ Robert M. Price
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Robert M. Price
Mission is a duty about which one must say 'Woe to me if I do not evangelize' (1 Corinthians 9:16) ... redemption and mission are acts of love [because] those who proclaim the Gospel participate in the charity of Christ. ~ Pope Benedict XVI
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Pope Benedict XVI
Question 1: What is the chief end of man? This most basic question confronts each of us. Why am I here? What is the reason for my existence? What is the purpose of my life? The catechism on the basis of 1 Corinthians 10:31 and Psalm 73:25 provides the familiar answer. Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever. ~ Alistair Begg
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Alistair Begg
God comes alongside us when we go through hard times, and before you know it, he brings us alongside someone else who is going through hard times so that we can be there for that person just as God was there for us.-2 Corinthians 1:4 ~ Eugene H. Peterson
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Eugene H. Peterson
Frankly, you need to get over yourself. It might sound harsh, but that's seriously what it means [1 Corinthians 10:31]. ~ Francis Chan
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Francis Chan
Remember ... that you are redeemed of the Lord [Ephesians 1:7]-that you are bought with a price [1 Corinthians 6:20], even the inestimable price of the precious blood of the Son of God ... Acquaint yourselves with Him in His word and holy ordinances. ~ William Samuel Johnson
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by William Samuel Johnson
When we see what He has for us there, we'll agree with Paul, when he wrote about Heaven, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9). - Things we didn't even imagine could be so beautiful and wonderful. ~ David Berg
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by David Berg
I must exhibit in my own body the life of the Lord Jesus, not mysteriously or secretly, but openly and boldly. "I discipline my body and bring it into subjection . . ." (1 Corinthians 9:27). Every Christian can have his body under absolute control for God. God has given us the responsibility to rule over all "the temple of the Holy Spirit," including our thoughts and desires (1 Corinthians 6:19). ~ Oswald Chambers
When this tent we live in - our body here on earth - is torn down, God will have a house in heaven for us to live in, a home he himself has made, which will last forever. 2 CORINTHIANS 5:1 TEV ~ Rick Warren
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Rick Warren
JANUARY 22 Let God Be God For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? 1 CORINTHIANS 2:16 It is not your job to give God guidance, counsel, or direction. It is your job to listen to God and let Him tell you what is going on and what you are to do about it - leaving the rest to Him to work out according to His knowledge and will, not yours. God is God - and you are not. You need to recognize that truth and simply trust yourself to Him, because He is greater than you are in every way. You are created in His image, but He is still above and beyond you. His thoughts and ways are higher than yours. So listen to God tonight, be obedient to Him, and He will teach you His ways. Cast off your care, releasing the weight of all your burdens and sleep peacefully. ~ Joyce Meyer
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Joyce Meyer
If we are taught by God in affliction we are blessed. When God teaches, he applies his instruction to the heart. He commands light to shine out of darkness (2 Corinthians 4:6). The Holy Spirit brings divine truths in such a clear and convincing light that the soul sits down fully satisfied. The soul both sweetly and freely acquiesces in the revealed truths. When God teaches, the soul experiences truth as David (Psalm 119:71). Some only know notionally, but David knew by experience; he became more acquainted with the Word. He knew it more, loved it better, and was more transformed in the nature of it. Thus, Paul, "I know who I have believed" (2 Timothy 1:12) – "I have experienced his faithfulness and his all-sufficiency; I can trust my all with him. I am sure he will keep it safe to that day." Those taught of God in affliction can speak experimentally, in one degree or another. They can speak of their communion with God (Psalm 23:4). The sweet singer of Israel had comfortable presence. Those taught of God can say: "As we have heard, so we have seen. I have experienced this word upon mine heart, and can set my seal that God is true." God's teaching is a powerful teaching. It conveys strength as well as light. Truth only understood needs to be put into action and practice. God's teachings are sweet to the taste. David rolled them as sugar under his tongue, and received more sweetness than Samson from his honeycomb. Luther said he would not live in paradise without the Word, but ~ Thomas Case
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Thomas Case
Many New Testament scholars have observed that the conception of the resurrection body implied in 1 Corinthians 15 clashes so violently with that presupposed in the gospels that the latter must be dismissed as secondary embellishments, especially as 1 Corinthians predates the gospels. ~ Robert M. Price
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Robert M. Price
Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn't really know very much. - 1 Corinthians 8:2 ~ Gary Chapman
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Gary Chapman
Normally when Christians go to church, they do not have to prepare to contribute anything other than some money for the tithing plate in their 'Sunday best.' They go to listen and watch those who have done the preparations carry out their professional services. Therefore, there is a hard shift in the concept that assembling according to the New Testament is very different and will require preparation, if the goal is to build up the assembly. Since an assembly's activities depend on member's contributions, if no one prays, sings, or says anything concerning Jesus it will be a very dead and boring gathering -- or the gathering will end up focused on other things. Therefore, a proper assembly requires every member to prepare something to bring and share. This is why 1 Corinthians 14:26 speaks of each one having a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, etc. ~ Henry Hon
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Henry Hon
"Let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12 ~ Charles Haddon Spurgeon
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Charles Haddon Spurgeon
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace ... 1 CORINTHIANS 14:33 KJV ~ Joyce Meyer
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Joyce Meyer
What, then, is good preaching? Let me pull all these ideas together into a single description. It is "proclaim[ing]. . . . the testimony of God" (1 Corinthians 2:1) - preaching biblically, engaging with the authoritative text. This means preaching the Word and not your opinion. ~ Timothy Keller
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Timothy Keller
The one who plants and the one who waters are equal, and each will receive his own reward according to his own labor. 1 Corinthians 3:8 ~ Beth Moore
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Beth Moore
When Jesus said, "Do this in remembrance of me" (1 Corinthians 11:24) he was not prescribing a periodic slug of nostalgia. ~ Frederick Buechner
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Frederick Buechner
The Restoration began with the prayer of a 14-year-old boy and a vision of the Father and the Son. The dispensation of the fulness of times was ushered in.The Restoration of the gospel brought knowledge of the premortal existence. From the scriptures, we know of the Council in Heaven and the decision to send the sons and daughters of God into mortality to receive a body and to be tested (see D&C 138:56; see also Romans 8:16). We are children of God. We have a spirit body housed, for now, in an earthly tabernacle of flesh. The scriptures say, 'Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?' (1 Corinthians 3:16). ~ Boyd K. Packer
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Boyd K. Packer
A man "is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man" (1 Corinthians 11:7). ~ Stephen Kendrick
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Stephen Kendrick
Corinthians 1:3-4 where it states how we are to comfort others in the same manner in which we were comforted. Put another way: the dirt that was meant to bury us can be used as soil to grow another. ~ Dr. Ronnie W. Goines
1 Corinthians 13 quotes by Dr. Ronnie W. Goines
1 800 Where R You Quotes «
» Bible Verse Quotes