0 Or 1 Quotes

Collection of famous quotes and sayings about 0 Or 1.

Quotes About 0 Or 1

Enjoy collection of 32 0 Or 1 quotes. Download and share images of famous quotes about 0 Or 1. Righ click to see and save pictures of 0 Or 1 quotes that you can use as your wallpaper for free.

Committee, n.: A group of people that, when given the task of deciding whether to start array indices from either 0 or 1, compromises to declare that they are to start from 0.5. ~ Stan Kelly-Bootle
0 Or 1 quotes by Stan Kelly-Bootle
Any sufficiently crisp question can be answered by a single binary digit-0 or 1, yes or no. ~ Carl Sagan
0 Or 1 quotes by Carl Sagan
Binary approach is an obsolete school of thought in the process of structuring human perception towards reality. True nature of the reality fits better with spectrum approach. ~ Toba Beta
0 Or 1 quotes by Toba Beta
Should array indices start at 0 or 1? My compromise of 0.5 was rejected without, I thought, proper consideration. ~ Stan Kelly-Bootle
0 Or 1 quotes by Stan Kelly-Bootle
I'm afraid what we are building today will not have the same impact and sustainability of the architecture of a 100, 500 or 1,000 years ago. The buildings of those days were miracles. We don't perform such miracles today. So we should be a little more modest. For my part, I'll be glad to show one of my buildings one day to my grandchildren and say: I'm proud of that. ~ Zhang Xin
0 Or 1 quotes by Zhang Xin
I've never heard of a size 0 or a negative human. That's hard. A lot of girls aren't naturally built that way. ~ Serinda Swan
0 Or 1 quotes by Serinda Swan
I don't think you can discriminate against budgets, you know? I'm an actor, I guess, so I'm just trying to play as many characters as I can. If there's a character I think I can play, and they're going to let me do it, I'll do it whether it's $10 or $1 million or more. ~ Ryan Gosling
0 Or 1 quotes by Ryan Gosling
I often like to address a number (1..5 works, or 1..10) based on the severity of the problem as well. One being, "That wasn't so bad, my pony just threw a shoe." Ten being, "My pony got his head caught in the fence. This cowboy was pissed. ~ Ryan Le
0 Or 1 quotes by Ryan Le
I do not discriminate about size. I design dresses to accentuate a woman's positives, whether you are a size 0 or a size 3X. ~ Tadashi Shoji
0 Or 1 quotes by Tadashi Shoji
Let's be healthy big people. Everybody can't be a size 0 or 45, but let's be healthy. ~ Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson
0 Or 1 quotes by Mo'Nique Imes-Jackson
The information capacity recorded in DNA is of a size which
astonishes scientists. There is enough information in a single human
DNA molecule to fill a million encyclopedia pages or 1,000 volumes.
To put it another way, the nucleus of a cell contains information, equivalent
to that in a 1 million-page encyclopedia. It serves to control all
the functions of the human body. To make a comparison, the 23-volume
Encyclopedia Britannica, one of the largest encyclopedias in the world,
contains a total of 25,000 pages. Yet a single molecule in the nucleus of
a cell, and which is so much smaller than that cell, contains a store of
information 40 times larger than the world's largest encyclopedias.
That means that what we have here is a 1,000-volume encyclopedia,
the like of which exists nowhere else on Earth. This is a miracle of
design and creation within our very own bodies, for which evolutionists
and materialists have no answer. ~ Harun Yahya
0 Or 1 quotes by Harun Yahya
I know some authors who have gotten $25,000 advances and put it all into marketing, others who allocate $5,000 or $1,000. ~ M.J. Rose
0 Or 1 quotes by M.J. Rose
For me, as I suspect for most people, there comes a point where you have enough. If you've got £20 million, why keep going until you've got £100 million or £1,000 million? Does anyone need another vast yacht or private jet or a house full of gold? ~ Robert Harris
0 Or 1 quotes by Robert Harris
What this means is that the entire business model for something like Chase's credit card business is not much more than a gigantic welfare fraud scheme. These companies borrow hundreds of billions of dollars from the Fed at rock-bottom rates, then turn around and lend it out to the world at 5, 10, 15, 20 percent, as credit cards and mortgages, boat loans and aircraft loans, and so on. If you pay it back, great, it's a 500 percent or 1,000 percent or 4,000 percent profit for the bank. If you don't pay it back, the company can put your name in the hopper to be sued. A $5,000 debt on a credit card for the now-defunct Circuit City, which was actually a Chase card, became a $13,000 or $14,000 debt by the time the bank finished applying fees and penalties. Just like a welfare application, you have to read the fine print. "They make more on lawsuits than they make on credit interest," says Linda. ~ Matt Taibbi
0 Or 1 quotes by Matt Taibbi
If you're bourgeois, money is it. It's all the questions and all the answers. Ain't no E-flat or color blue, only $12.98 or $1,000. If it isn't money, it isn't nothing. ~ John Coltrane
0 Or 1 quotes by John Coltrane
The Old Testament contains over 300 references to the Messiah that were fulfilled in Jesus Christ. Computations using the science of probability on just 8 of these prophecies show the chance that someone could have fulfilled all 8 prophecies is 10 (to the 17th power), or 1 in 100 quadrillion. ~ Fritz Ridenour
0 Or 1 quotes by Fritz Ridenour
1. Turn ordinarily meals into family time. Cultivate a fun and relaxed atmosphere and impose a "No TV" rule. 2. Feed your toddler the same type of food you feed to the rest of your family. 3. Do not force your toddler to eat. Issuing threats and punishments will only make him dislike and dread mealtimes. 4. Respect your toddler's food preference on what he likes and what he dislikes. 5. If he refuses to eat the main meal, offer another healthy alternative, like a sandwich or a cereal. 6. Make sure to cut your toddler's food into small bite size pieces. 7. Gently encourage your toddler to try out new food products. 8. Do not impose the clean your plate rule. When your toddler tells you he is full, do not force him to eat. 9. Offer your child small portions, like 1/3 or 1/4 of the usual adult portion. Give him lesser amount of food than what you think he can consume and let him ask for extra servings. 10. Make desserts a part of your meals, and not as a form of reward. ~ Monica McBride
0 Or 1 quotes by Monica McBride
How much time you should be spending on hiring? The answer is 0 or 25 percent. ~ Sam Altman
0 Or 1 quotes by Sam Altman
The Internet is about giving the consumer exactly what they want, whether there's an audience of one or 1,000 or 10,000, and then figuring out how to make money on it later. ~ Jason Calacanis
0 Or 1 quotes by Jason Calacanis
Ultimately, application vendors are driven by volume, and volume is favored by the open approach Google is taking. There are so many manufacturers working so hard to distribute Android phones globally that whether you like [Android 4.0] or not ... you will want to develop for that platform, and perhaps even first. ~ Eric Schmidt
0 Or 1 quotes by Eric Schmidt
The introduction of the cipher 0 or the group concept was general nonsense too, and mathematics was more or less stagnating for thousands of years because nobody was around to take such childish steps ... ~ Alexander Grothendieck
0 Or 1 quotes by Alexander Grothendieck
I can tweet before going to bed at midnight or 1 and know that they're up and at 'em, and they're going to have to respond. ~ Sarah Palin
0 Or 1 quotes by Sarah Palin
Great problems are now being handled, keeping every thinking man in suspense; the unity or multiplicity of human races; the creation of man 1,000 years or 1,000 centuries ago; the fixity of species, or the slow and progressive transformation of one species into another; the eternity of matter; the idea of a God unnecessary: such are some of the questions that humanity discusses nowadays. ~ Louis Pasteur
0 Or 1 quotes by Louis Pasteur
Someone must have noticed a change in a person's lifestyle after October 22, 1989. Someone must have noticed inappropriate comments, or concerns about Jacob's investigation. Someone in the family suspects a member of being a child molester - or a neighbor notes someone with an unusual interest in children or who has few adult friends. But people second-guess themselves, they do not want to get involved, or they talk themselves out of what they know to be true. Maybe they are afraid. Many people have called with their suspicions, yet maybe someone still needs to call - could that someone be you? Please call the proper authorities. I still beg you to call if you have information about who took Jacob. It has been so long - please help. Call 251-4240 or 1-800-325-HOPE. You can remain anonymous. ~ Robert Dudley
0 Or 1 quotes by Robert Dudley
I've always been fascinated by the concept of reincarnation. I learned that many brilliant people were interested in reincarnation, including Carl Jung. I'm a big Jungian. So I began writing novels involving theories integrating past and present, even if the past element in the novel took place 500 or 1,000 years ago. ~ M.J. Rose
0 Or 1 quotes by M.J. Rose
Is it better to practice a thing 7 hours one day per week or 1 hour per day, every day of the week? ~ Dan Amerson
0 Or 1 quotes by Dan Amerson
Why not eliminate schooling between age 12-16? It's biologically + psychologically too turbulent a time to be cooped up inside, made to sit all the time. During these years, kids would live communally – doing some work, anyway being physically active, in the countryside(...)

This simple change in the age specificity of schooling would a) reduce adolescent discontent, anomie, boredom, neurosis; b) radically modify the almost inevitable process by which people at 50 are psychologically and intellectually ossified (...)

After all, since most people from now on are going to live to be 70, 75, 80, why should all their schooling be bunched together in the first 1/3 or 1/4 of their lives – so that it's downhill all the way ~ Susan Sontag
0 Or 1 quotes by Susan Sontag
Basically, I am a night owl. My wife is an early bird, so she goes to bed around 9:30, and my kids are in bed about 8. So, if I am home, I will usually start writing about 9:30 and go till about 12:30 or 1:30, depending on what my energy level is. ~ Barack Obama
0 Or 1 quotes by Barack Obama
Twitter is currently valued at $8 billion, or $1 for every hour it has wasted. ~ Andy Borowitz
0 Or 1 quotes by Andy Borowitz
In Stalin's famous words, one death is a tragedy; one million deaths is a statistic. In this case, it is not even a particularly good statistic. The very incomprehensibility of what a million horrible and violent deaths might mean, and the impossibility of producing an appropriate response, is perhaps the reason that the events following partition have yielded such a great and moving body of fictional literature and such an inadequate and flimsy factual history. What does it matter to the readers of history today whether there were 200,000 deaths, or 1 million, or 2 million? On that scale, is it possible to feel proportional revulsion, to be five times more upset at 1 million deaths than at 200,000? Few can grasp the awfulness of how it might feel to have their fathers barricaded in their houses and burnt alive, their mothers beaten and thrown off speeding trains, their daughters torn away, raped and branded, their sons held down in full view, screaming and pleading, while a mob armed with rough knives hacked off their hands and feet. All these things happened, and many more like them; not just once, but perhaps a million times. It is not possible to feel sufficient emotion to appreciate this monstrous savagery and suffering. That is the true horror of the events in the Punjab in 1947: one of the vilest episodes in the whole of history, a devastating illustration of the worst excesses to which human beings can succumb. The death toll is just a number. ~ Alex Von Tunzelmann
0 Or 1 quotes by Alex Von Tunzelmann
Ben developed a similarly Byzantine system for memorizing binary digits, which enables him to convert any ten-digit-long string of ones and zeros into a unique image. That's 210, or 1,024, images set aside for binaries. When he sees 1101001001, he immediately sees it as a single chunk, an image of a card game. When he sees 0111011010, he instantaneously conjures up an image of a cinema. In international memory competitions, mental athletes are given sheets of 1,200 binary digits, thirty to a row, forty rows to a page. Ben turns each row of thirty digits into a single image. The number 110110100000111011010001011010, for example, is a muscleman putting a fish in a tin. At the time, Ben held the world record for having learned 3,705 random ones and zeroes in half an hour. ~ Joshua Foer
0 Or 1 quotes by Joshua Foer
Darwin's theory of evolution is a framework by which we understand the diversity of life on Earth. But there is no equation sitting there in Darwin's 'Origin of Species' that you apply and say, 'What is this species going to look like in 100 years or 1,000 years?' Biology isn't there yet with that kind of predictive precision. ~ Neil DeGrasse Tyson
0 Or 1 quotes by Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Human 4 Quotes «
» Binary Thinking Quotes